ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old July 15th, 2022, 07:55 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[webbikeworld.com] - Custom Eye Candy: “Green Machine 3.0,” The Ultimate Ducati ST4 C

Click here for full story...

When a Belgian gent and masterful endurance racer by the name of Kris Reniers decided to take up a new Ducati bike build with his favorite color scheme (a beauty metallic dark green), it seemed only fitting to name the thing the “Green Machine 3.0” – and while the christening is a special ritual all its own, we’re also loving what the man had going on under the hood of this particular project.*

“Green Machine 3.0,” from the shop of Deep Creek Cycleworks. All media sourced from Bike Exif.The donor bike of choice? A 1998 Ducati ST4, sporting the exact same V-twin heart as the iconic Ducati 916 and capable of a very lovely 105hp and 66lb-ft/89Nm of torque.

Obviously, Reniers didn’t stop there; a glance at a Holographic Hammer illustration purportedly gave him the inspiration to go lean and mean with the rest of the build:

“I wanted a rough look for this bike,” he explains in an article on BikeExif.*

“A bit nose heavy, a bit buff. With the headlight as low as possible, and a more sporty and beefed up front suspension, I knew I could get that look.”

On went the surgical gloves and Reniers got to work.*

“Green Machine 3.0,” from the shop of Deep Creek Cycleworks. All media sourced from Bike Exif.An indeterminate length of time later, and the front end of a Ducati Streetfighter 848 was transplanted onto the ST4, complete with the Streetfighter’s radial Brembo calipers. Spacers and bushings were then worked to fit a bit of Ducati’s Paul Smart 1000 LE in the form of some Alpina wheels.

“Green Machine 3.0,” from the shop of Deep Creek Cycleworks. All media sourced from Bike Exif.The rear end was then tossed in favour of a one-off subframe, created to give a small, waspy look to the seat and added as a nod to the track.

Given Reniers’ history as a racer, it seemed only natural the bike get a chonky set of*upside-down forks, with a new Wilbers shock to complete the back end.

“Green Machine 3.0,” from the shop of Deep Creek Cycleworks. All media sourced from Bike Exif.Believe it or not, the gas tank has been preserved despite the huge amount of mods that went into this build – something that Reniers is quite proud of.*

“The fuel tank was not an easy job because all the electrics needed to be kept out of sight – and the perfect place was under the tank,” he admits.*

“It’s a bit of a Frankenstein tank, welded up using the original as a donor, which was cut and reshaped.”*

“Green Machine 3.0,” from the shop of Deep Creek Cycleworks. All media sourced from Bike Exif.Here’s the rest of the mod list:
  • LED taillight (Wünderlich)
  • Splash guard*
  • Hand-made tray (under the seat)
  • Handmade cowl
  • LED Headlight (Koso)
  • LSL grips
  • Digital Motogadget Motoscope Pro dash
  • New rear sets (Valtermoto)
“Green Machine 3.0,” from the shop of Deep Creek Cycleworks. All media sourced from Bike Exif.Add to all this the final work of art; an asymmetrical exhaust system with twin mufflers from Tyga.*

“The pie cuts were a handful for me,” says Kris.*

“I am not used to welding them, and that bit could have been done better by a professional. But nobody is perfect – and this bike is no exception.”

“Green Machine 3.0,” from the shop of Deep Creek Cycleworks. All media sourced from Bike Exif.What do you think?

Comment down below, be sure to head over to Deep Creek Cycleworks to support their stuff, and as ever – stay safe on the twisties.*

*Media sourced from BikeExif*

The post Custom Eye Candy: “Green Machine 3.0,” The Ultimate Ducati ST4 Cafe Racer appeared first on webBikeWorld.