Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Pro Singles Flat Tracker Shayna Texter Moves To GNC

The first female*to win an AMA Pro Singles main event, Shayna Texter, is graduating to the premier*Grand National Championship class aboard Latus Motors Racing’s Castrol Triumph.

In 2011 Texter won the Pro Singles main event at Knoxville Raceway to become the first female to win an AMA Pro Singles main event.*Last year Texter won two AMA Pro Singles main events on her way to placing fourth in the Pro Singles championship. She also*swept the two Basic Twins main events at Springfield. In 2012, Texter won three AMA Pro Singles main events en route to finishing fifth in the championship.

“I always said that I would turn expert when the right time came with the right bike,” says Texter. “Testing the Triumph at the end of last season gave me great insight into how well the bike performs. That and the opportunity to work with someone like Joe Kopp made this an easy decision.”

“Shayna has a lot of talent, a tremendous desire to win, and an incredible ability to communicate with her team,” says Latus Motors Racing owner, George Latus.

Former AMA Grand National Champion and 13th on the all-time Grand National win list, Joe Kopp is Team Manager for the Latus Motors Racing Flat Track program. This year, along with his duties as team manager, Kopp will join his protégé when he races at the Lima (Ohio) Half-Mile, the Virginia Mega Mile, and the season-ending Flat Track Finals at the L.A. County Fairplex.

“My main focus will be helping with Shayna’s effort,” says Kopp. “But I am looking forward to getting back in a race and having some fun dicing it up. It’s time to start training because I really want to run up front.”

“Joe is still a very competitive guy and when he expressed interest in getting on the bike for a few rounds I told him that I thought it was a great idea and should be a lot of fun,” says Latus.

A Conversation With AMA Grand National Champion Brad Baker

2013 Bonneville Performance Street Tracker Review

2012 AMA Flat Track Season Finale – Video

Pro Singles Flat Tracker Shayna Texter Moves To GNC appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...