Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Borrow Front/Rear Stands?

Not sure if this will get the right viewing... but there really isn't a better place for this. I got a set of tires from Richard at RaceBike Rentals and I want to get them mounted/balanced. Cycle Gear does it for $30/tire however, they need to be off the bike. I don't have stands to remove both tires.

Is there anyone local that is willing to let me borrow your stands to get this done? I can come pick/drop them off and maybe buy you lunch or something?

Anyone... anyone?
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:06 PM   #2
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

I think Trackoholics will do it for $30 total for both tires. I got both front and rear stands.( torque wrenches and sockets too if you need them.) PM your #.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Not sure if this will get the right viewing... but there really isn't a better place for this. I got a set of tires from Richard at RaceBike Rentals and I want to get them mounted/balanced. Cycle Gear does it for $30/tire however, they need to be off the bike. I don't have stands to remove both tires.

Is there anyone local that is willing to let me borrow your stands to get this done? I can come pick/drop them off and maybe buy you lunch or something?

Anyone... anyone?
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM   #3
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Dustin,

Any time you and your ninjette are in Barbados, you are welcome to use my stands. I'll even treat you to Banks beer.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Jeff and Ken have a set that I got rid of with the understanding that they are both SoCal Tech Day regulars and they will probably benefit everyone. See if they're going to or hosting the next one!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM   #5
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
I think Trackoholics will do it for $30 total for both tires. I got both front and rear stands.( torque wrenches and sockets too if you need them.) PM your #.
I will definitely give those guys a call... NCHM quoted me $22.50/tire off the bike. Alex.S is able to let me borrow his stands after work tomorrow... although Trackoholics is only open on Sat by appt. I'll have to see what I can work out. I'll PM you my # as it wouldn't be a bad deal to have another option... I definitely appreciate it

Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:24 PM   #6
Cazper
ninjaholic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Dustin,

Any time you and your ninjette are in Barbados, you are welcome to use my stands. I'll even treat you to Banks beer.
That's a heck of an offer... not sure when I might find myself in Barbados... but I'll definitely keep that in mind!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Jeff and Ken have a set that I got rid of with the understanding that they are both SoCal Tech Day regulars and they will probably benefit everyone. See if they're going to or hosting the next one!
That would work too... although I was hoping not to wait that long. We just had a tech day this last weekend... but I didn't get the tires until today and we aren't talking about another tech day until maybe next month. I'd rather get it done sooner... but we'll see. Thanks for the idea

Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:26 PM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
If you don't mind driving 7 hours to San Jose, DJ Cycles will do it for $10 per tire and they can be on the bike.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:54 AM   #8
Cazper
ninjaholic

lol... that's almost tempting... too bad it's soooooo far away... that's a heck of a deal