ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old April 4th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #1
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

Went to the dark side

Well I still have my Ninjette until it sells, I have a newbie that will have all the cash in June coming to look at it an put a non refundable deposit on it tomorrow.

Here's the new Scoot, I know I didn't get a ZX6 like most but hell I am different! it reminds me of my old 00' SV sorta, I haven't had the chance to ride it much with the crappy weather out here.

Keeping each other company:

Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Time to update your profile!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #3
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

919 is a great bike. A friend has that color and another guy I know has the acid green/yellow. Congrats.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #4
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

That is a great looking bike! No ninjette, but still nice.

Old April 4th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #5
jeffb502
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300, 2010 Red Ninja 250r (Sold)

Never heard of it before, but I like the look at first glance (especially the exhaust) and after a little research I still like it. Congratulations!

And wow....you guys have huge numbers on your motorcycle license plates in PA! They're actually legible from more than a few feet away, unlike the CA ones where they try to cram 7 digits into the same space lol.
jeffb502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #6
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

919. isn't that the honda hornet? sick bike , Ive read the reviews and always wanted to take one for ride.

They are a torquey sport touring.

great choice! honda makes good bikes.

keep the ninja . always good to have a spare!
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #7
Dano
ninjette.org sage

I really don't have the spare time to ride 2 bikes, if I kept 2 one would be a dirtbike. Finally going to take a decent ride on it Sunday. Already installed a fender eliminator on it, picked up the Renthal bars and grips today now just got to have some time to install them, kids take up alot of time with dance and soccer.

Old April 11th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #8
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Very nice, the 919 is definitely on my list of possible pick-ups when I'm ready to get a new bike. I'm really leaning towards anything naked/standard and or classic styled, or a dual sport. Kinda depends what I find the best deals on. Not too interested in another supersport, it was a good experience but didn't do much to stir the soul, if you know what I mean. I really want something that's got some character to it,while still really dailyable AND fun on backroads. You'll have to post up with your impressions of the bike! Now I've just got my trusty ol 500 to get me around, guess I'm lucky to even have a bike though!
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:52 PM   #9
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

I would keep the two bike idea in mind. Between my cbr, cb, my wife's ninja and our little xr dirt bike I'm still getting seat time in all of them. Plus it never hurts to have a back up.

The 919 is great too, my buddy had one just like that and loved it to death.

Old April 16th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #10
b.miller123
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Ninja 250 2007 Yamaha R6 2003 Honda RC51... sold :(

Those are great bikes. There is a reason why standard bikes are very popular overseas. For some reason everyone here in the states feels the need to have a supersport on the street. Yet they would be better served by a bike with a broader torque curve, a better seat and higher bars.
b.miller123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2014, 06:06 AM   #11
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Love it! Added that one to my list. Looks as good as a duc Monster but more reliable. Seems like they keep their value too.

Old April 19th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #12
KawiKid860

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Those are great bikes. There is a reason why standard bikes are very popular overseas. For some reason everyone here in the states feels the need to have a supersport on the street. Yet they would be better served by a bike with a broader torque curve, a better seat and higher bars.
The reason standards aren't so popular in the US is because of lack of wind protection. We typically go faster, on longer stretches of road here in the US. On a supersport you still have plenty of power but you also have amazing wind and weather protection. I could have gone all day on my old F4i at 80+ mph nooo problem.

Old April 19th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #13
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
On a supersport you still have plenty of power but you also have amazing wind and weather protection.
It's all relative. Supersports have pretty poor wind and weather protection compared to any faired streetbike. Optimizing aero for high speeds isn't the same as optimizing aero for rider protection and comfort.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #14
KawiKid860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's all relative. Supersports have pretty poor wind and weather protection compared to any faired streetbike. Optimizing aero for high speeds isn't the same as optimizing aero for rider protection and comfort.
That's true, I just know my F4i kept the rain off everything but the tips of my boots and my shoulders and up. It also wasn't nearly as cold in the winter, once I switched back to the Ninja I realized my legs were much colder even in moderate temperatures.

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:52 AM   #15
b.miller123
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Ninja 250 2007 Yamaha R6 2003 Honda RC51... sold :(

Quote:
The reason standards aren't so popular in the US is because of lack of wind protection. We typically go faster, on longer stretches of road here in the US. On a supersport you still have plenty of power but you also have amazing wind and weather protection. I could have gone all day on my old F4i at 80+ mph nooo problem.
You really think the majority of motorcyclists are making informed buying decisions?

I think it has more to do with our ego's in the US. People need to have the biggest, fastest, loudest, whatever-est. They run out and buy a minivan when they have one kid, or get a 3/4 ton truck to pull a 4x6 trailer.

Harley's have been outselling sportbikes for a very long time here in the US, and a good portion of those have zero wind protection.
b.miller123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2014, 02:28 PM   #16
KawiKid860

Paging @Dano (Am I doing it right?) Going to look at, and probably buying an 02 919 hopefully on saturday. $2200, it's in pretty good shape, he says it has some scuffs/dents from being backed into but I can't see them in the pictures so it can't be too bad. 10,800 miles, seems well cared for and the owner seems very nice and honest, and is willing to travel a bit to meet me since he's a good 3+ hours away. I'm excited for it, just wondering how you're liking yours so far? My 500 is fairingless and the whole naked thing doesn't seem so bad, really kills the top end on a windy day or with a passenger, but double the hp on the 919 should remedy that. I haven't done more than an afternoon of riding though, just commuting basically and some hooligan stuff and cruising around town :P Still, I think this bike will be a pretty good fit for my wants and my needs, and I sure have missed the sound of an inline 4. And having crazy power when I want it lol.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 11:12 AM   #17
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Paging @Dano (Am I doing it right?) Going to look at, and probably buying an 02 919 hopefully on saturday. $2200, it's in pretty good shape, he says it has some scuffs/dents from being backed into but I can't see them in the pictures so it can't be too bad. 10,800 miles, seems well cared for and the owner seems very nice and honest, and is willing to travel a bit to meet me since he's a good 3+ hours away. I'm excited for it, just wondering how you're liking yours so far? My 500 is fairingless and the whole naked thing doesn't seem so bad, really kills the top end on a windy day or with a passenger, but double the hp on the 919 should remedy that. I haven't done more than an afternoon of riding though, just commuting basically and some hooligan stuff and cruising around town :P Still, I think this bike will be a pretty good fit for my wants and my needs, and I sure have missed the sound of an inline 4. And having crazy power when I want it lol.
I like mine alot, longest day I put in was 6hrs and about 260 miles which was fine for me. I am short so I just have to be careful moving it around. The only difference from yours to mine is I have adjustable forks and the 02s did not.

Oh I took a ride of my Ninja 250 last weekend and it felt so damn slow after just riding the 919.The freaking power is so sweet though.

I am going to do some Danmoto cans over the winter and powdercoat a few things but other than that not much else. I want to paint it white in a couple of yrs.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:59 PM   #18
KawiKid860

Your bikes looking dang fine there! Glad to hear you're liking it. Is that a renthal ultra low bar? I plan on getting one for mine as well, some shorty levers and an exhaust of some sort. Plus pulling the bar end mirrors off my Ninja and putting them on the 919 lol. Most likely will be riding it home tomorrow, I'm super excited!

I bet the power is awesome too. I've always been into these bikes and I've heard nothing but love for them, especially in the engine department. My F4i was insanely fast and so smooth and refined. It's been so long since I've been on a big bike, I test rode an old F3 the other day and that thing felt like an absolute freaking rocket. The 919 is gonna feel insane haha. Small bikes are good and fun and I love romping around on my 500 but there's something to be said for big power too.

Old June 18th, 2014, 05:41 AM   #19
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

That's a good looking 919.

Now that you've had it for a bit, how are you enjoying it?

Old June 18th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #20
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I thought the 919 was a Porsche!