ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old July 14th, 2015, 04:30 PM   #1
cmjdjm1
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki ninja 250r, 2008 Honda cbr125r

Stock 2010+ muffler

Just curious if anyone has a stock muffler that they removed for a slip on? There's a cop around here that has been giving sport bike owners grief over aftermarket exhausts by pulling them over and holding them up for an hour or tickets for noise. I'd much rather skip that whole court thing and put the exhaust back to stock. I bought the bike with a Hindle slip on, which I LOVE. I was thinking of switching it to a stock muffler and then changing it back when the cop lays off. I'm just throwing the offer out there if anyone is interested. Thanks!
cmjdjm1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 14th, 2015, 06:18 PM   #2
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 286, 296, 599, 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjdjm1 View Post
Just curious if anyone has a stock muffler that they removed for a slip on? There's a cop around here that has been giving sport bike owners grief over aftermarket exhausts by pulling them over and holding them up for an hour or tickets for noise. I'd much rather skip that whole court thing and put the exhaust back to stock. I bought the bike with a Hindle slip on, which I LOVE. I was thinking of switching it to a stock muffler and then changing it back when the cop lays off. I'm just throwing the offer out there if anyone is interested. Thanks!
hows $20 and postage?
AwDang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 14th, 2015, 06:31 PM   #3
cmjdjm1
ninjette.org newbie

Depends on the shipping I guess. How much do you think it would be to get it shipped to n9g3b1 Windsor Ontario Canada?

Old July 14th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #4
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Depends on the shipping I guess. How much do you think it would be to get it shipped to n9g3b1 Windsor Ontario Canada?
no clue, I've never sent anything up there. Let me research it tomorrow.

Old July 14th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #5
cmjdjm1
ninjette.org newbie

Sounds good. Thanks!

Old July 15th, 2015, 03:40 AM   #6
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

UPS ground is just under $40

Old July 15th, 2015, 06:52 AM   #7
cmjdjm1
ninjette.org newbie

Can you check using usps please? Ups charges Canadians an arm and a leg in brokerage fees for some reason. I'm not kidding. Ordered a $20 book that my mom wanted for her birthday and the bastards charged me $60 in brokerage fees on top of duty. Sorry, I probably should've mentioned that sooner.

Old July 15th, 2015, 10:48 AM   #8
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Postage Price Calculator
International Services
Display All Options Display a as Print Friendly page.
Package, weight 15 lb 0 oz (6.804 kg) to Canada
Price charts and complete information for Canada
GXG and Priority Mail Express International™ Options Scheduled Delivery Date Price Online Price
Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG)**More info about Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG)
Value of contents can not exceed $2,499.00
See Service Guide Before Mailing
Min. length 9-1/2", height 5-1/2"
Max. length 46", width 35", height 46" and max. length plus girth combined 108"

1 - 3 business days to many major markets

Calculate

USPS GXG™ Envelopes**More info about USPS GXG™ Envelopes
Value of contents can not exceed $2,499.00
See Service Guide Before Mailing
USPS-Produced regular size cardboard envelope (12-1/2" x 9-1/2"), the legal-sized cardboard envelope (15" x 9-1/2") and the GXG Tyvek envelope (15-1/2" x 12-1/2")

1 - 3 business days to many major markets

$126.75

Priority Mail Express International™More info about Priority Mail Express International™
(Calculate Guaranteed Date)
Max. length 42", max. length plus girth combined 79"

Tue, Jul 21, 20151 Guaranteed

$103.05

Priority Mail Express International™ Flat Rate BoxesMore info about Priority Mail Express International™ Flat Rate Boxes
(Calculate Guaranteed Date)
USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Maximum weight 20 pounds.

Tue, Jul 21, 20151 Guaranteed

$71.50

Old July 15th, 2015, 11:49 AM   #9
cmjdjm1
ninjette.org newbie

Holy ****! That's ridiculous! I guess I'm outta luck then. My wife would kill me if I spent that much on an old muffler lol. Thanks for checking though. I do really appreciate that alot!

Old July 15th, 2015, 05:31 PM   #10
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kurgan

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Does your slip-on have a slip-in decibel killer like the Two Brothers pipes do?

If not, look into getting one and install it.

Or you could learn to "ride quiet" around cops. This usually means pulling in the clutch and going to zero throttle as you pass them, or not going above 3500 RPM if they're behind you or next to you.

If he eventually does snag you, ask him point blank WHILE RECORDING HIM if he also targets Harleys with no mufflers at all. If he says no, call him a hypocrite an illegal profiler and ride away (after he clears you to leave).
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2015, 05:48 PM   #11
cmjdjm1
ninjette.org newbie

No, there's no decibel killer or anything for my muffler at all. I do generally keep the rpms as low as possible. The specific cop I've mentioned is well known for targeting sport bikes and not Harley's or cruisers. He actually rides a Harley of his own. His name is Joseph Ferrari which is kinda funny. There's been complaint after complaint after complaint about him. He's been suspended multiple times for assault. Nothing ever seems to get done about it. He generally drives a marked ford explorer, so he's pretty easy to spot. A couple weeks ago when I left the mall with my son on the back of my bike he followed me for about ten kilometers down a four lane road that he easily could've passed me. I made sure to do 55km/hr in a 60. Cars passed me no problem on the left, my wife pulled away from me on her cbr125r. Yet he stayed right behind me about ten feet away from my back tire. Way too close to be following a bike, especially with a passenger on the back. No idea what his problem was, but as far as I'm concerned, it was uncalled for. The bike was in sixth gear, crawling at 55. Wasn't anywhere near as loud as it could be. I've never had any speeding tickets or accidents ever in my 24 years of driving. See what I mean?

Old July 15th, 2015, 06:20 PM   #12
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kurgan

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
No, there's no decibel killer or anything for my muffler at all. I do generally keep the rpms as low as possible. The specific cop I've mentioned is well known for targeting sport bikes and not Harley's or cruisers. He actually rides a Harley of his own. His name is Joseph Ferrari which is kinda funny. There's been complaint after complaint after complaint about him. He's been suspended multiple times for assault. Nothing ever seems to get done about it. He generally drives a marked ford explorer, so he's pretty easy to spot. A couple weeks ago when I left the mall with my son on the back of my bike he followed me for about ten kilometers down a four lane road that he easily could've passed me. I made sure to do 55km/hr in a 60. Cars passed me no problem on the left, my wife pulled away from me on her cbr125r. Yet he stayed right behind me about ten feet away from my back tire. Way too close to be following a bike, especially with a passenger on the back. No idea what his problem was, but as far as I'm concerned, it was uncalled for. The bike was in sixth gear, crawling at 55. Wasn't anywhere near as loud as it could be. I've never had any speeding tickets or accidents ever in my 24 years of driving. See what I mean?
Yeah he sounds like a profiler alright, every town has one unfortunately. I would honestly file a complaint against him for unsafe tailgating and endangering a child.

I used to live in Michigan in a little town called Clawson, a 2 mile by 2 mile speedtrap where the speed limits are 10mph slower than all the surrounding areas and most of the speed limit signs are mysteriously behind trees or non-existent.

There was one cop who targeted any kind of sporty car with even the slightest tinted windows, but he would let the darkest tinted windows pass right by if they were on a luxury car.

He would also target sportbikes but never touch hogs. The running joke was that he would give his own relatives a ticket given the chance.
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2015, 06:44 PM   #13
cmjdjm1
ninjette.org newbie

Yep. Sounds like the same kind of prick like we've got here. Check out the reviews of him. I'm not the only one
http://canada.landoffree.com/employee/Joseph_Ferrari