ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Notices

Old October 19th, 2010, 06:00 AM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Since this is a motorcycle forum, how 'bout a motorcycle themed cooking show?

Alton Brown only did two seasons of this show (both of which I have on DVD). I really hoped he would have done more, but he quit it.

Ok, I admit it, I am a certified liar. There was a third season of the show. Honestly, I feel that the show died with the third season due to the fact that he was no longer "feasting on asphalt", but "salt water". He traveled by boat on the third season in the Caribbean. So to me, that doesn't count.

Anyway, it is a show of him traveling across the country on a BMW motorcycle. The first season showed him on a BMW R1200RT, second was a BMW R 1200 GS. I personally would like the GS.

Anyway, here is the wikipedia page on it:
Wikipedia Page: Feasting on Asphalt

And this is a link to a YouTube search on the show.
YouTube: Feasting on Asphalt search

Link to original page on YouTube.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Oh, and before I forget, there was one show towards the end of season 1 that stands out in my mind. They were on the west half of their cross country ride, and they decided to try something new for cooking. Alton picked up a 12v powered cooker that plugs into a 12v car socket. Two of the other guys used a different method. They found an aluminum bowl (one of those disposable jobs) and lined it with aluminum foil. They then proceeded to cut up some veg and beef, dousing it with some wine. They tossed that in the bowl and wrapped it up nicely. Using a wire with a small spring on the end (if memory serves), the attached it to the underside of the motorcycle, right by the muffler (underside exhaust IIRC). After a 200 mile ride, dinner was served. I really need to find that episode, it gives me culinary ideas.

I'm sure the idea stems from the book "Manifold Destiny". The book shows you how to prepare meals using the heat provided by your car. It lists ingredients and also mileage (mileage being your cooking time). So that way you can take a trip and have dinner ready by the time you arrive. Brilliant idea I say.

Amazon link to "Manifold Destiny"

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

I really enjoyed that series, and wish he had kept it going a bit longer.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Me too. I think Alton wanted to drop it. I do have the cook book from the River Run (Season 2). I made this bread pudding that was unlike any I ever had before. Everyone was really impressed with it.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote