ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old March 3rd, 2020, 01:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[kropotkin thinks...] - Pramac Boss Francesco Guidotti: "We have never been in a situ

If you enjoyed reading this article, please click here to view it on Kropotkin's site, MotoGP Matters.

-----------------

Pramac Racing is one of many Italian teams in the MotoGP paddock. Owned by Paolo Campinoti, but managed by the charismatic Francesco Guidotti, son of a rider scout and the brother of Giacomo Guidotti, crew chief of LCR Honda rider Takaaki Nakagami. From his home in Pesaro, Italy, Guidotti has to manage the satellite Ducati team’s next steps, unable to enter Qatar, as the Gulf state has barred entry to everyone from Italy.

But he still has to deal with problems presented by the disruption at the start of the season. And almost 24 hours after the Qatar race for the top class was canceled, Guidotti still has a lot of questions as yet unanswered.

“I really don't know," Guidotti said. "We have never been in a situation like this and we don't know yet how much we are going to get from this situation, It all needs to be figured out, as a situation like that has never happened before. We have a big question mark, a race that was completely canceled that has never happened to us. We started the weekend, ran practice and qualifying, we did qualifying but then missed the race. But like this without even going, without getting there, this has never happened to me so I have no experience."

"It happened a few years ago with Fukushima [ The 2011 Japanese round was postponed following the April 2011 Fukushima earthquake which caused severe damage in the area], but I was in World Superbikes at the time. I don't know how it was managed, but the race was postponed, and it was something somehow planned to go not there. It wasn't 2 days before when everybody was ready to travel. It's something to discuss and understand.”

Confusing time