ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Notices

Old June 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #1
kkim

Lower Body Protection... What Do You Use?

No... this is not a planned pregnancy thread.

Lately, I've noticed a lot of threads of people crashing and though they were wearing gear, they often times neglected to have any substantial pieces of riding pants to lessen the damage to their legs/knees.

I have a 1 piece Aerostich riding suit, so I'm fully covered, but there are times that I'd prefer to ride with a riding jacket but don't do so because I lack a good pair of riding pants.

It appears a proper pair of riding pants is one of the last items purchased, when in fact it should be purchased at the same time one gets any of their other riding gear... truly a most under rated garment in person's safety gear list.

So, the purpose of this thread is twofold...

~If you can recommend a good pair of riding pants that you use, please pass it on as I'm looking for a pair.

or

~If you have crashed and were not wearing riding pants or even if you were and had injuries, please share so others can learn how important having lower body protection really is. If you think a pair of riding pants is not needed, please share your views, too.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
If someone could recommend a pair of riding pants that go over your jeans please include that as well. I would like to be able to take them off when I go inside a restourant while touring.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

I wear textile pants on just about every ride on the street, and wear 1-piece leathers on the track. The only time I may not be in full gear is if I'm heading 1/4 mile down the street to the gas station, and even that probably happens 3 or 4 times/year max. Sue me.

But, riding pants won't save your life. IMO, the only safety gear that really makes a difference in terms of life or death in a street accident is the helmet. Every other piece of gear can play a part to help minimize injuries, and the lack of the gear can certainly exacerbate injuries, but leg and knee protection or the lack of it won't save you or kill you. Maybe you bang up your knee pretty badly and gear would have helped. Maybe you get some awful road rash and some great scars to go along with it. But it won't kill you. So if people choose to go without? I'm not terribly concerned. They are the ones who may or may not have a bit more physical therapy or other medical issues to deal with based on their choice of gear.

Given the following two extremes, rider with only helmet who has diligently worked on their riding skills to the point that they've gone hundreds of thousands of miles with zero single-vehicle motorcycle accidents, or ATGATT rider with top-rated head-to-toe safety gear that has put their bike down 3 times in < 10k miles in single-vehicle accidents, my own opinion is the first rider is better & safer motorcyclist. Perhaps in a perfect world, everyone would strive to attain that first rider's skills and also be ATGATT, but it isn't a perfect world. And if it were a perfect world, perhaps we could lobby for no roadway problems like oil/ice/gravel or clueless cars violating our right of way.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #4
gizmogamez
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE Green

I use Scorpion Exo riding pants. they were about $170 CDN+tax, they breath well and IF I really take my time putting them on I can manage them over a pair of jeans without it being to unconfortable. They are very light but have nice protection in them and were rated very high for textile pants.
Scorpion also makes an XDR (or some other 3 letter model of pants) that are touring pants. they have very nice protection in them, have removable liners for rain and wind and such, and are also designed to go over pants. I was really impressed when I tried them on. you really feel like you are well protected.
gizmogamez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #5
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

I'm one of those slackards that didn't buy riding pants yet, but I'm using Icon Field Gear knee/shin guards. So add me to the list of 'looking for recommendations'
Momaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #6
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

I rock a suit of armor every time I cruise

No but seriously...I wear a set of joe rocket pants that have hip pads and armor on the knees and shins. They are textile/mesh so with the vents open they breath nicely(we all like that ) and they also have a removable rain liner in them which is a must for florida...if you want more info lemme know
Posted via Mobile Device
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #7
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I crashed going 5mph wearing jeans. I did an accidental stoppie to avoid hitting a van that turned in front of me. I flew over the handlebars and landed on the parkinglot grit. Some how in flight I tore my jeans because it was just above my right knee that was torn. I have, what I believe to be, a handle bar imprint on my thigh. It was a giant burise but the print of the handlebar has not gone away. I was wearing helmet, gloves, and jacket but thought ah it's just to the store.

And the Van didn't even stop. I had 10 witnesses see it. Luckily I walked away brused and that was all. Tyke just needed her blinker popped back in and has a little farring rash.

That is what decided me on that. I love my skin. I think I look pretty good and I would like to keep it that way.

As for protective pants, Kelly, sorry can't help you there

For the ladies though..I wear...

Leather:
2006 Joe Rocket Trixies

Textiles:
Franklin Thomas (Not sure if there are any specific types I don't wear them often)

Old June 10th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #8
PitBull
ninjette.org member

Name: Lisa

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

I crashed the first day of my MSF class. I didn't have on riding pants because I had never ridden before and didn't realize the importance. I was only going about 15mph wearing jeans with long underwear underneath (it was very cold that day). When I went down, both layers of clothing were ripped, I had a pretty big area of road rash on my knee, and I took a pretty hard hit to the area. My knee was very swollen and 3 1/2 months later I still have problems with my knee.

I now wear Joe Rocket Cleo mesh overpants with knee armor every time I ride. I live in Texas where the weather can be pretty hot and humid but after my spill I realize how important having the protection is. So, always use protection!
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #9
zail
ninjette.org member

Name: zail

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

I've got three type of protective trousers:

Akito leathers with removeable hip and knee armour

Draggin Jeans combats with knitted aramid (kevlar) lining and no armour

Hood Jeans with woven aramid lining and Knox hip and knee armour.

I have come off twice wearing the leathers - once on a speed bump on campus when going to work, once on main road when I over braked for lights and I slid a very small way down the road on both occasions with minor abraisons to the leathers and minor bruises to me. When I broke my leg by dropping the bike on it as I was riding out of the garage I was wearing the leathers but had the armour out of them. When I asked the orthopedic consultant he wasn't convinced that the armour would have stopped me breaking my leg - he thought that the force of the bike hitting my tib and fib at the knee would not have been dissipated enough to stop the injury (and I'm not about to experiment!)

I have come off once wearing the Hood Jeans onto gravel - slight bruising to me, no visable mark on the jeans.

I always ride with one of the sets of trousers listed above - I never ride in ordinary jeans. When riding a long distance I generally choose the leathers. My thinking is that both the leathers and the aramid lined jeans will help in a slide down the road. I think that armour will help protect knees and hips from an impact with the road but will be of limited use in a heavy crash. I agree with Alex about lid being the most important life saving kit on a bike and at the end of the day people need to make their own choices about what they wear - I don't think I would like to see a situation where ATGATT was imposed.

Old June 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #10
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

shorts and flip flops usually work well I heard, no?
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #11
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterick4o8 View Post
I think you posted in the wrong thread. here... http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21482
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #12
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I think you posted in the wrong thread. here... http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21482
haha I knew you were gonna reply with that link

Old June 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #13
CodE-E
Ninja Newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): EX250K9

I bought my first motorcycle trousers and boots last weekend. Went with some textile pants which have hip and knee protectors (no sliders, though ). I sweat easily in those pants, so I don't wear jeans under them, and so I don't wear them on my regular 15 minute commute to work, only when I go out for longer rides.

Btw, is it true that leather is more breathable than textile? Or do both have more breathable and less breathable products?
CodE-E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #14
IlBLisSlI
i'm a cow killer

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterick4o8 View Post
typically they are only effective when paired with a corona tank top. please see the ninja faq for details.
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Corona_...r_Than_Leather
IlBLisSlI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #15
Red'09250
ninjette.org member

Name: P

Motorcycle(s): Red '09 250

I ride with Icon victory pants when i'm not commuting to work

they're denim with "aramid reinforced" knees and hips and expandable sections just over the knees and in the crotch.

i wanted something that looked like normal pants, but offered more protection and didn't hike up on me when riding. these do both, but they're way too baggy for my tastes. i look like a gang-banger when i'm just walking around in these things. they also flap around in the breeze when i'm riding which can get annoying. if they made straight-fit pants like this i'd buy them in a heartbeat, but i guess i'll have to settle for the loose-fit (by which i mean baggy-as-hell-fit)
Red'09250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #16
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Ok so I've fallen down in jeans before from a stop light, making a left. I was too newb and dumb to think about cold tires + the ground being moist from mist + and the cold asphalt, as it was night at the time.

bike slid from right under me and I went down before I even knew it. my knees hurt the most as they hit first. surprisingly, this not being the first time I went down, this crash hurt me the most in terms of physical pain. when I got home to lift up my jean pant legs in the bathroom, I had rash.. a few layers of skin gone and it looked like how cheese pizza does.. something I've seen when I hurt myself rollerblading as a kid. The jeans never ripped tho, maybe because the moistness of the ground didn't give them enough friction, but that's my story. I wasn't doing a serious ride, just in the city street. What I learned was to make sure think about the ground surface and warm tires when I ride and not lean too much if things are cold and/or most on the ground.

Old June 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM   #17
jola
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250R

I have Joe Rocket textile riding pants. I think they are part of the Ballistic Series, which doesn't really narrow it down if you know Joe Rocket, ha. I usually wear them over mesh shorts in the summer, since they are really overpants. I can only speak to their comfort since I haven't been down.
jola is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #18
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodE-E View Post
I bought my first motorcycle trousers and boots last weekend. Went with some textile pants which have hip and knee protectors (no sliders, though ). I sweat easily in those pants, so I don't wear jeans under them, and so I don't wear them on my regular 15 minute commute to work, only when I go out for longer rides.

Btw, is it true that leather is more breathable than textile? Or do both have more breathable and less breathable products?
I feel more comfortable in the leather gear than the textile, even in Florida humidity. That said, for riding to work, my boyfriend has textile overpants since they crumple up better into a backpack for storing at work; he wears his leathers for any other trip.
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #19
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

i really need to get some riding pants - I have a two piece suit for aggressive riding but lack pants for every day jaunts. i do wear poly ripstop bdus w/ alpinestars knee pads. the poly/nylon should be more abrasive resistant than jeans and are double layered in knees and butt -
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #20
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

copied from my oops thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
Didn't want to threadjack the fender mod post anymore, but thought sharing these pics might help a little for new riders who may sadly find themselves in a similar place of putting their bike back together...

Sadly, no. That was after my little incident.... the impact popped the can right off of the pipe

From another thread - here's the short version

And here's a really blurry pic of where it happened:

The leftmost red arrow is the fence post that I made friends with that day, the other two show where the gravel was, the yellow line shows the yellow line, and I'm not sure what the red line was, though between the red and yellow, you can see where the gravel was stripped to leave only tar. What was kind of humorous to me was that when we went to take that picture, my husband's car couldn't keep traction to get out of there either, and his tires spun and then grabbed pretty roughly....

That was in the repair stage - there are before pics here.

A couple of the better ones are below, along with some of the repaired pics.

And we can't forget the damage to me

(the swelling the day after)

(that one was 2 days later, shows the tone of the bruising a bit better though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
noche... not to add insult to injury, but could you comment on leg protection that you were wearing at the time of the "oops"? Glad to hear the knees have been recently given an improved prognosis that was previously diagnosed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
Don't mind at all - that's why I posted it up, so that folks could see and learn from it. I will likely copy the story over as well at some point in the future.

The gear I was wearing at the time can be seen here - this was a silly pic we took while waiting for the bike to finally come in...

Which can all be found in the What's in your closet thread, along with more recent gear....

Pants
Joe Rocket Cleo
http://www.newenough.com/protective_...cle_pants.html

Pants were Joe Rocket Cleo - held up beautifully - only problem was that they didn't have any armor on the inside of my knee where it got hit. I still don't know if it was the fence or the bike that got me, I only know that a very large-force blow to the inside of my knee caused me to tear my LCL (the ligament on the outside of the knee - lateral collateral ligament) and my meniscus... the swelling is from that damage, the bruising is mostly from the impact. I honestly believe that it wold have been MUCH worse if I hadn't had the knee armor, as it helped quite a bit in keeping my knee where it should be - it wasn't until I was trying to remove my riding pants that I realized the extent of the damage. I had even tried to pick her up using the 'back-up' method, but as she was nearly upside down in a ditch, that didn't work!

These two pics from New Enough show the armor in them:

The only scratch on my body came from the failure of the Scorpion Cool Hand Mesh gloves that I was wearing. Still love them for comfort, but not so much for protection.

And here are more pictures of my injuries

I have since gotten a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic textile pants that don't have the hip protection, but I think will do better than the mesh... possibly...

http://www.newenough.com/protective_...cle_pants.html

Old June 10th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #21
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

I use Dainese leather pants with T-Pro armor all around everwhere. I use Frey-Daytona Security Boots.

Lower body is where most damage occurs, so I am serious about my gear.

I wear all leather, all of the time. I also add armor everwhere. Either Helimot or TPro, depending.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #22
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Crashin sux

The only thing worse is getting flamed for what I wear.

No comment on gear (old school)!

Old June 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #23
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Crashin sux

The only thing worse is getting flamed for what I wear.

No comment on gear (old school)!
CC don't mean lack there of? lol.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #24
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I come from a background of bicycle racing . When a crash happens . the elbows and knees are where I have to scrub the gravel out . Let me tell you how much that hurts .
That is a bicycle . motorcycles go fast enough to make it so there is no skin to scrub gravel out of .
I ware full leather pants and SIDI boots And full leather jacket even on a scooter. People ask why I have on so much gear to ride . I say "It is not for riding it is for getting run over by a car."
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #25
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
CC don't mean lack there of? lol.
Depends

Sometimes full gear, sometimes no gear (at all), sometimes some gear.

I do make my kids wear gear if that helps.

Old June 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #26
Redaeon
ninjette.org newbie

Name: M

Motorcycle(s): 2008 kawi ninja 250 (ebony)

I crashed going at a pretty good clip about 2 months ago. I was wearing Alpinestars youth Reflex knee/shin guards and jeans on that day...My helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots took a pretty good beating that day. My left knee/shin guard shifted during the crash, and I took the edge of the tank to the side of my knee. I was on crutches for 2 weeks, and had to go to physical therapy and get an mri..The ortho surgeon said I just had a serious sprain after the mri results came back...but for weeks I was freaked out because I was told at the ER that I may have torn something, and probably needed surgery. I was bruised from mid-thigh to mid-shin, and my knee was huge.
So, I definitely recommend wearing full knee/shin protection, and to make sure that they have a strap above the knee so that they do not shift in a crash. I also have since purchased another of the same bike (other one totaled), Scorpion Savannah pants, and EVS SC05 Knee/shin guards...but if it wasn't for my other knee guards, I would have rash.
Redaeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #27
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

I'm still waiting for my scorpion riding pants....the ones with the integrated knee armor. Right now i'm just farting around with a pair of aramid reinforced ICON jeans....sometimes with IXON knee and shin protection...but not always. I haven't crashed yet, but I know I'm gonna be in for it if I dump the bike without the knee armor.

What I really want is that fancy cordura stuff that those BMW riders are tooling around in....yea baby...one day!
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #28
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

Currently wearing Draggin' Jeans Classic with Kevlar lining, hip and knee armor ...
I HATE the idea of no protection at all but shorts or regular jeans.

Gonna get me a full body leather suit for the fall though
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #29
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Because I was cruising forums long before I bought my first bike I had already seen too many pictures of road rash. And like Racer X my bicycling days taught me about slow speed road rash. With those two factors in mind I had all the gear before I put a leg over my first bike.

I've been using the TourMaster Flex Pants for almost a year now in everything from 10 degree winters to 95 degree summers. And yea, at a long stop sign they get a little warm, but more from the heat off the bike than they ambient temperature. With the three layers (inner winter paints, inner rain paint, and cortex outer layer) you can customize them for just about any conditions. The full length zippers allow easy in and out with the boots on unless you have the liners in then - just take the foot wear off.

Old June 10th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #30
NaughtyusMaximus
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ex250

I ordered a pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants a bit over a week ago, still waiting for them to arrive: http://www.newenough.com/protective_...overpants.html
NaughtyusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #31
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red'09250 View Post
i wanted something that looked like normal pants, but offered more protection and didn't hike up on me when riding. these do both, but they're way too baggy for my tastes. i look like a gang-banger when i'm just walking around in these things. they also flap around in the breeze when i'm riding which can get annoying. if they made straight-fit pants like this i'd buy them in a heartbeat, but i guess i'll have to settle for the loose-fit (by which i mean baggy-as-hell-fit)
I picked up a pair of the Icon Insulated Denim

They feel a little more protective then just regular jeans, have an awesomely comfortable fleece-like removable lining, but I definitely agree that they are incredibly baggy.
No worries for me though, that's how us cool kids wear 'em.

edit: Now that I took another look at the pictures, the insulated look 5x bigger than the victory.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #32
CodE-E
Ninja Newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): EX250K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red'09250 View Post

they're denim with "aramid reinforced" knees and hips and expandable sections just over the knees and in the crotch.

If they look like normal (non-baggy) on you when you're standing upright, they'll might be too tight in some spots when you sit in riding position for long durations, which will probably be more of a pain in the a** than them looking baggy when you're walking around in them. For riding equipment, I'd focus on safety, comfort, and utility value first. If they look good, then that's a bonus; but don't buy stuff only because it looks good.
CodE-E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #33
Jacksmeow
ninjette.org member

Name: Gale

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R; '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A, sometimes I ride my husband's '01 GSX-R 600

I wear the Joe Rocket Cleo mesh pants, along with the new JR cleo jacket. I usually wear leather if it's under 80 degrees.
Jacksmeow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 06:57 AM   #34
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

No riding pants for me (but after reading this thread I now know the importance of them). Instead I ALWAYS wear my Fox knee/shin guards and make sure they're strapped on tight....
Even though I'm wearing those now, I'll probably be looking for a new pair of riding pants pretty soon.

Old June 11th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #35
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

only use my alpine stars shin/knee gaurds when going on a spirited ride.
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #36
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

From what I understand though, if the guards aren't underneath pants, you risk them ripping right off with the first hit and then still hurting yourself from impact. And from my lowspeed lowside, you wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of scuffing/rash you can get even at 10 mph.
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #37
jola
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyusMaximus View Post
I ordered a pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants a bit over a week ago, still waiting for them to arrive: http://www.newenough.com/protective_...overpants.html
Yes! Those are what I have. I could not remember the name of them.
jola is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #38
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Gear?

Alpinestars Bat pants, Tourmaster Solution boots. It gets hot when you have to stop, but it's OK when it's under 90 degrees and you're moving.

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #39
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfling View Post
From what I understand though, if the guards aren't underneath pants, you risk them ripping right off with the first hit and then still hurting yourself from impact. And from my lowspeed lowside, you wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of scuffing/rash you can get even at 10 mph.
Wear em underneath pants, I wear baggy enough pants for em
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 07:46 AM   #40
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redaeon View Post
Scorpion Savannah pants, and EVS SC05 Knee/shin guards...but if it wasn't for my other knee guards, I would have rash.
I also wear EVS knee guards. The problem with riding pants is that the knee armor moves around too much while on the bike. It only takes a second to throw on the EVS knee guards and they are much more secure and protective than the "floating" knee armor in riding pants. I barely know I'm wearing them, but they offer much better protection. I also have a pair of THOR Force knee guards, which are really well made and comfy, but they don't go on as quick and they're not as comfy as the cheaper EMS knee guards.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote