ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 14th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #1
professor gascan
ninjette.org member

Name: adam

Motorcycle(s): '10 Red Ninja 250r

Got some work done

Got my bike back earlier this week from my mechanic. It had a valve service and 15t front sprocket installed, and I also put on the WC clip ons I snagged from a fellow ninjetter.

First off the valves. All four ex. valves were out of spec and replaced, and the bike runs smooth as the day I got it. I had them checked previously @ 7k and they were still in spec, but at 10k I could tell it wasn't as smooth as it should be. Mech gave me a great deal, Thank You Very Much!

Next, the 15t sprocket. Why didn't kawi make this the stock gearing? The bike rides so much nicer with the +1 fs. Pulls fine through all the gears and I've only gone for the elusive seventh gear once. I can cruise around town in 5th @ 50 without the bike feeling strained. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade IMHO!!!

Lastly the clip ons. Very easy to install. They certainly put more strain on the ol' wrists, but is much less so when speed climbs above 50. I feel like I can hold a midcorner line better with these than stock, but that could just be in my head.I've only put on 300 miles since I'm sure I'll have more comments as I rack up the miles.

Old September 14th, 2014, 11:54 AM   #2
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Getting a much needed valve adjustment is like magic
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote