ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old February 1st, 2023, 10:51 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoAmerica: Gilbert, Williams Racing Suzukis In Supersport

Michael Gilbert Racing Returns to MotoAmerica Supersport in 2023 Michael Gilbert is set to return to MotoAmerica Supersport in 2023 aboard a Next Generation-spec Team Hammer-prepared Suzuki GSX-R750. The step […]

The post MotoAmerica: Gilbert, Williams Racing Suzukis In Supersport appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

Michael Gilbert Racing Returns to MotoAmerica Supersport in 2023

Michael Gilbert is set to return to MotoAmerica Supersport in 2023 aboard a Next Generation-spec Team Hammer-prepared Suzuki GSX-R750.

The step to Supersport follows a successful, several-year run in Stock 1000 and Superbike with numerous victories and podiums, and is a fresh start and opportunity to compete at the front of a premier MotoAmerica class after a tough year of injuries. The team’s infrastructure has also been rejuvenated and expanded, including the addition of paddock-veteran Poncho Rangel as Gilbert’s crew chief for 2023.

“Coming back to Supersport is like hitting the reset button,” says Gilbert. “There’s zero question that 2022 was the most difficult season of my career in more ways than one—namely two broken legs. That said, I couldn’t be more excited to get the season going! I’m feeling healthier and stronger by the day, and I’m extremely confident in the team we’ve assembled. Having already tested a Suzuki GSX-R750 at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, I have a great feeling about the upcoming season and the bike’s potential.”

Owen Williams will also transition to Supersport as teammate to Gilbert following two years in Junior Cup. It will be a steep learning curve, but the 15-year-old Californian is excited for the challenge and guidance from Gilbert.

“I’m so proud to be back with the team again for the 2023 season and even more so to be alongside Mikey in the Supersport class,” says Williams. “There’s so much to learn on the Suzuki GSX-R750, but I know that the team will give me the best opportunity to prove myself.”

The post MotoAmerica: Gilbert, Williams Racing Suzukis In Supersport appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.