ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old May 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #81
zowwie438
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Todd

Motorcycle(s): VStar, VS1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman44 View Post
I finally got a response from the adjuster and the bike is totaled, just as I expected. They have offered me 4k for the bike or 3.1k and I get to keep it.

What would you guys do? Keep the bike and fix it up? or take the 4 and upgrade?

I am probably going to let them take the bike but I was just wondering what you guys would do.
It depends on your credit and the room/space you have.

Me??? I would take the 3,100 and use that towards a new bike and finance the remainder.

Then I would take the crashed bike and catalog all the parts and start selling them on craigslist or ebay.

It may take a couple years to sell all the parts, but in the long run you would come out way ahead... Even with the interest on the extra money you borrowed.

But it all depends on space, credit, nagging wife, etc.

Like my Grandpa said "Never 2nd guess yourself boy"... "Just make a decision and live with it... Right or wrong."

So with that said... I know you will make the right decision bro.

++Todd
zowwie438 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #82
Madman44
ninjette.org guru

Name: Martin

Motorcycle(s): 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
Meh... Just get a new 300... Unless you want a track bike, then you can keep it and try fixing it up... Or put in 500$ more and buy Alex's ZX10r... I know I would...
I think the 300 will be too similar to the ninjette. Which isn't really a bad thing. I just wanted something with better highway power and a little more wieght.
Haha, it would only be a matter pf days before I have to make another "ER" thread if I buy Alex's 10r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Depends on how bad your bike is damaged and if you have the skills and tools and time to put it back together. Anything bent on the frame I'd get rid of it for sure.
Also, if the insurance company plans to give you a "salvage" title, I'd tell them to keep it.
The bike would definitely get a salvaged title. So, I think I'm going to go ahead and take the 4 and run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
unless you know the forks and frame are straight, i would just use the money on a new bike.
The tire is pushed back to the point where it rubs against the fairing near the rad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowwie438 View Post
It depends on your credit and the room/space you have.

Me??? I would take the 3,100 and use that towards a new bike and finance the remainder.

Then I would take the crashed bike and catalog all the parts and start selling them on craigslist or ebay.

It may take a couple years to sell all the parts, but in the long run you would come out way ahead... Even with the interest on the extra money you borrowed.

But it all depends on space, credit, nagging wife, etc.

Like my Grandpa said "Never 2nd guess yourself boy"... "Just make a decision and live with it... Right or wrong."

So with that said... I know you will make the right decision bro.

++Todd
Thanks man, I think I am just gonna take the 4 and run for the hills
Madman44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #83
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman44 View Post
Thanks man, I think I am just gonna take the 4 and run for the hills
thats probably a good choice if you have no free time to fix it.

Old May 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #84
Xplorguy
ninjette.org member

Name: Norman

Motorcycle(s): BMW K12RS, DL650 , New 2013 "WonderBike" Ninja300SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Ouch! Feel better and heal up soon. Any word on insurance/fault (esp. for the medical bills)?
Also, just curious but did you do any 'lane weaving' to make sure she saw you? I always do little "S" curves in my lane when I'm nearing intersections and such to increase my profile.
*hugs*
This is the second time today that I have read about the "weaving thing" when approaching an intersection with a dreaded left turner......a video shows how we , on our moto are invisible to cars...the weaving helps them to recognize us as we approach...I am liking this idea......
I think too, it is a very good idea to know whats behind you so you don't get rear ended if you have to stop quick or take other evasive action.......this business of stayin alive takes a lot of concentration.....
Xplorguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #85
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Sorry about your troubles. About taking less, ask yourself if you would pay $900 for that wreck...
crazymadbastard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #86
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorguy View Post
This is the second time today that I have read about the "weaving thing" when approaching an intersection with a dreaded left turner......a video shows how we , on our moto are invisible to cars...the weaving helps them to recognize us as we approach...I am liking this idea......
I think too, it is a very good idea to know whats behind you so you don't get rear ended if you have to stop quick or take other evasive action.......this business of stayin alive takes a lot of concentration.....
I do it all the time. There is also the 'motorcycle dance' which is a weave where you stay mostly in the same lane position. It moves the headlight back and forth when viewed from the front. It takes less lane space to do, but its not as effective as a full weave. With the dance, you start a weave, and the bike leans, but then you correct it before it actually starts to weave.

Old May 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #87
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

glad your ok mang but i would have asked for green stitches... ! =F

edit: my Bro asked me about why bikers weave i told him i thought the riders were impatient. Every time i witnessed someone do it was when they were a squid and they were riding the car infront of thems' (a word?) behind. I can see how they might weave to make them more visible 3 ft away so they can switch lanes but eh. This makes so much more sense. I will try and practice the weaving to break my background. We can always learn something from bad encounters, thanks Mike. I bet slight movement all around will kill for where those slices are placed. eek, get well to ride again.