ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 9th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #1
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Be careful out ther folks, only takes one dumbass

This just happened last night by my work. Parts of freeway still shut down. Looking for the guy that caused it all.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/tr...ileup/27389770
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2014, 11:42 AM   #2
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Jeeze. I hope they catch them soon!

This is why I always wear all gear all the time. Yes, I can do what I can to be seen and ride defensively but just one driver doing one stupid thing is beyond my control.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #3
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

not sure if rider was wearing gear, but even if they had I dont think survival would have been possible from what people at work have told me when they passed the scene.The truck was traveling at high rate of speed when they hit him. speed limit is 65 mph there, i'm sure they were doing at least 80

Old August 9th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #4
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
True, gear won't make you invincible. I'd just rather take a slim chance over no chance.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #5
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
True, gear won't make you invincible. I'd just rather take a slim chance over no chance.
Oh for sure, I am a full atgatt rider myself, just sucks that this rider never even saw it coming, this wasn't a case of a plain and simple accident. It was pure recklessness and most likely a drunk driving incident that caused the rider to loose his life. I feel sick right now about this, hits harder when it is so close to where you ride yourself.

Old August 11th, 2014, 12:21 PM   #6
OCMagnum
ninjette.org member

Name: OC

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, 2012 Ducati Monster 696 (sold), 2012 Ninja 250 (sold)

Very sad story... RIP fellow rider

Also very sad, the comments under the story. Somebody complaining how long it took them to get home after church (nevermind somebody died) and then an onslaught of comments around immigrants (because they must have been illegals). Not one thought for the victim and/or his family (at least on the page I could stomach to read)...

Last futzed with by OCMagnum; August 11th, 2014 at 03:35 PM.
OCMagnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #7
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMagnum View Post
Very sad story... RIP fellow rider

Also very sad, the comments under the story. Somebody complaining how long it took them to get home after church (nevermind somebody died) and then an onslaught of comments around immigrants (because they most have been illegals). Not one thought for the victim and/or his family (at least on the page I could stomach to read)...
Yeah people suck. When I moved down here I expected that Southern hospitality, but not in the Houston area. Some of the worst people I have ever met. Sorry I offend anyone that is a native here, but coming from Colorado to here was a huge change in how I look at people anymore. Plus driver are the worst I have seen yet, another drink driver just south of me hit a family of four trying to run from cops. He hit them doing over 100 mph, killing himself, passenger and the whole family. The amount of road deaths down here is sickening. F Texas drivers!

Old August 18th, 2014, 08:19 AM   #8
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

And it has happened again, on the same stretch of freeway I ride everyday, this is getting ridiculous. Wish they would have more details about the crash, like if the rider was stopped on the road, was he wearing gear, how fast was driver going, ETC.

Motorcyclist hit & killed on Highway 146
PASADENA, Texas - A motorcyclist is dead after a major accident on Highway 146 in Pasadena.

According to police, a driver heading south on the highway slammed into the back of the motorcycle around 8:45 p.m. Saturday.

The force of the crash threw the rider off the motorcycle, police said, killing him instantly.

As of Sunday morning, the victim's identity has not been released.

Police have not said whether the driver will face any charges.

The accident forced the highway to close in both directions for hours, but all lanes have since reopened.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/mo...y-146/27563330

Old August 24th, 2014, 08:56 AM   #9
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Don't even know what to say anymore. ....

Just over two weeks and three motorcyclist dead in Houston area. This **** is getting ridiculous.
http://m.click2houston.com/news/moto...ident/27703762

Old August 24th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

4000 - 5000 deaths per year in the US while riding a bike. 10-15 of us every day. With the top 3 states for bikes being California/Texas/Florida, each of these states see more than their fair share. California alone has 300 - 500 per year, averaging more than 1 a day many years.

Not attempting to minimize what you're seeing, but just sharing that it can be grim everywhere. Stay alert out there; there can be sad consequences.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #11
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
This just happened last night by my work. Parts of freeway still shut down. Looking for the guy that caused it all.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/tr...ileup/27389770
The fact that it was a 6 car pile-up shows just how many bad drivers there are out there. One car crashes into a biker... 6 cars are taken out in total?!!

Those other 5 car drivers were probably all driving too close to the car in front. Couple that with low skill and lack of attention and you've got a herd of lemmings that take out not just themselves but the people around them.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #12
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
The fact that it was a 6 car pile-up shows just how many bad drivers there are out there. One car crashes into a biker... 6 cars are taken out in total?!!

Those other 5 car drivers were probably all driving too close to the car in front. Couple that with low skill and lack of attention and you've got a herd of lemmings that take out not just themselves but the people around them.
Houston drivers are notorious for being some of the worst in the country. Were just rated number one in the USA for road rage. I just moved here from Colorado two years ago, so I don't include myself in that mix of bad drivers. Insurance rates here are double or triple that of the rest of the country.

Old August 24th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #13
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
4000 - 5000 deaths per year in the US while riding a bike. 10-15 of us every day. With the top 3 states for bikes being California/Texas/Florida, each of these states see more than their fair share. California alone has 300 - 500 per year, averaging more than 1 a day many years.

Not attempting to minimize what you're seeing, but just sharing that it can be grim everywhere. Stay alert out there; there can be sad consequences.
This is a sad statistic, I knew it wad probably high, but damn. I think that the fact that the three accidents have all happened so closely together is what has me on edge.