ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old August 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM   #1
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

TX ride with my brother

Had an opportunity to get out and ride with my little brother (MKlein3004) for the first time today. Got to ride out north of McKinney and find some decent FMs with a few decent series of turns. We moved at a decent clip and then swapped bikes and rode it again. It was the first time I really got to ride a ninjette through its paces in the turns; several 30-45 mph turns that flowed together and could be taken at twice the posted speed.

Some thoughts on the subject. For one, its really easy to ride quickly on the ninjette, and that makes it almost more fun. Not having to worry about if your right hand has bitten off more than you can chew is nice. The ninjette is light, easy to flick into the corner and set. Its also like a couch compared to my 6R. This is both a benefit and a weakness. For both of our weights, we are both a tick over 200 lbs and I'm 5'11 and Mitch is 6'; the bike is just way under sprung and under damped. You set it in the corner and it wallows a little and any bumps causes it to pogo. I had my 6R set for me at the track and while it is a little harsh for the street it was much easier to keep it where you want it. The 6R takes alot more effort at the bars to get it turned in, but once there shows much more stability.

Overall finish on the 6R is better as is to be expected at the two bikes price points, and some of the ammenities of control quality on the 6R would have been very welcomed on the ninjette - adjustable levers for one. I have come to the conclusion though that I really really really want a ninjette for track work. They are just so light, narrow, and nimble that going fast is all about you and your form, placement of the bike, and ability to carry speed efficiently. It just makes a lot of sense, wear items are easier and nickle and dime you less; and you learn the correct way to be fast, not letting the bikes power cover up your mistakes. Better to ride a slow bike fast at first, and then when you can actually make viable use of the power - move up. Anyways I am done ranting. I will let Mitch post opinions or obervations from the other side.

Here are a few pics from the dozen or so we snapped.

sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2010, 08:24 PM   #3
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Sounded like you guys had fun. Maybe one day I'll get to do the same sort of thing with my brother and sister

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #4
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

Name: Stephanie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

man, sounds like ya'll had fun... wish the rest of us could've made it... is that the route you mentioned in the group ride section?

Old August 5th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #5
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Yeah, its a nice section of it. For the most part though, when we went back we just bombed the same 15 miles section a few times with the most consecutive corners.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #6
PitBull
ninjette.org member

Name: Lisa

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

I got to get out and ride a little on Sunday too. I think I actually took some of the roads you guys traveled. Glad you had fun! Boy it sure was hot though. I started early and didn't get home until around 2pm. It was motivation for me to head down to MotoLiberty in Dallas to pick up one of the phase change cooling vests though. Can't wait to try it out.
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #7
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
I got to get out and ride a little on Sunday too. I think I actually took some of the roads you guys traveled. Glad you had fun! Boy it sure was hot though. I started early and didn't get home until around 2pm. It was motivation for me to head down to MotoLiberty in Dallas to pick up one of the phase change cooling vests though. Can't wait to try it out.
Yay Moto Liberty, Peter and the boyz/girlz there!
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote