ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:26 PM   #1
abyssdncr
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '07 VStrom 1000 - '06 TW200

Need help with front fairing / headlight bracket alignment.

After getting the wife an '08 Ninjette, I talked in the father-in-law into a pre-gen. Well, I didn't have to do much talking...

We found an '06 w/ low miles that runs great cheap on the cheap via craigslist due to some slides on the pavement. I'm doing my best to get it back "fully functional" and making some pretty good headway.

Last thing to finalize are the mirrors. The bracket doesn't appear to be very aligned with the holes in the mirrors and when I try to spread them apart the bottoms squish together and little pokey rods don't want to match two holes in inside the fairing below the headlight.

(On a side note, are there supposed to be little grommets in those holes...?)

So, I was wondering if I could talk someone into pulling a mirror off and taking a picture of what the bracket / fairing alignment is "supposed" to look like before I rip the front end apart again and start tugging and bending on things.

TIA!
abyssdncr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:17 PM   #2
03slime250
ninjette.org member

Name: dakota

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

hope these help ya

03slime250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #3
abyssdncr
ninjette.org member

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for - thank you!!!

Guess I need to get down to the stealership and order a couple of the rubber grommets.

It would appear that I have a bit more tweaking to do, but this will get me in the ballpark.

Thanks again!

Old May 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #4
03slime250
ninjette.org member

Name: dakota

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

no prob man.....that grommet is a little tough to get in there with everything together
03slime250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #5
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Install the grommets with the fairing off the bike, you can use a little bit of soapy water to help. The centers of the holes all need to match, as well as the lower pair of holes where the fairing stay pins into the fairing just below and outside the headlights.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #6
abyssdncr
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
The centers of the holes all need to match, as well as the lower pair of holes where the fairing stay pins into the fairing just below and outside the headlights.
That's what I was afraid of... Right now the bracket is a bit too narrow for both the mirrors and the stay pins to line up, but the headlight and guage cluster both fit fine...

Thanks for the tip on the grommets, I'll be ordering a pair first thing tomorrow. On the bright side, now I understand how the aftermarket mirrors can mount up without crushing the cowling. Just need to find a set that will let me see something besides my elbows without breaking the bank.

I'll get some pics of my problems as soon as I get some free time again. Gotta take my dad out to look at a *gasp* Burgman 650...