ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 17th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #41
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

Valve cores can come slightly loose sometimes, under the cap

Old September 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #42
Asspire
Fix It Till Ya Break It

Name: Asspyre

Motorcycle(s): 08 250RRrrrr

suv vs bike - suv wins.

cops will say in this situation no harm no foul. if you do something to them, they might come after you.

and if you do something to them, they might do something to you. You mention you had kids, what if this person is mentally unstable and does something to them? There's a bigger picture here, don't do anything that can potentially put you and yours at risk.
Asspire is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #43
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asspire View Post
suv vs bike - suv wins.

cops will say in this situation no harm no foul. if you do something to them, they might come after you.

and if you do something to them, they might do something to you. You mention you had kids, what if this person is mentally unstable and does something to them? There's a bigger picture here, don't do anything that can potentially put you and yours at risk.
Bide your time & do something that doesn't directly link back to you

Leaving a **** you note will link back to you. A quick spray of brake fluid over the paintwork will take a while to be noticed, and if they act like a **** in their own neighbourhood they're probably acting the **** everywhere.

As one of my old bosses used say, act the **** & you'll be ****ed like a ****.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #44
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Methinks vandalism would be counterproductive to the point OP would want to make to the driver.

Hey jackass, slow down when you're driving thru a neighborhood, and GROW UP! By the way I TP'd your house tehehehe
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #45
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Not sure if that's her, or me. I've looked at every make/model and don't think I'll recognize the car unless I see it again in the wild.

So.... say I find the car parked in a driveway. Perhaps the owner is running late for work the next morning and finds an envelope on her windshield with a "F U " note written on it. Let's say, hypothetically of course, she looks inside the envelope and it contains all 4 of her valve cores (nothing broken). Were any laws broken?
I'd say ether your much to kind or maybe I'm an asshole who enjoys revenge way to much, but I've never let anybody get off the hook so easily. Simply inconveniencing someone is like giving a child a warning, and look at how our current generation of yuppies are coming along. What people need is a swift kick in he ass that they wont so forget to make them stop and take a moment and reflect on who this came about.

but honestly like I said I don't really care if it works as long as I get to make someone suffer and it puts a smile on my face.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #46
IF13
WOT WOT WOT

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
I'd say ether your much to kind or maybe I'm an asshole who enjoys revenge way to much, but I've never let anybody get off the hook so easily. Simply inconveniencing someone is like giving a child a warning, and look at how our current generation of yuppies are coming along. What people need is a swift kick in he ass that they wont so forget to make them stop and take a moment and reflect on who this came about.

but honestly like I said I don't really care if it works as long as I get to make someone suffer and it puts a smile on my face.
I think a note would suffice if you find the car.

Then again, I'm from NY and I can relate to the sweet thrill of getting back at another driver.

Old September 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #47
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe the Ant View Post
Valve cores can come slightly loose sometimes, under the cap
pebbles may magically show up in that area as well...
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #48
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
That looks just like a Dodge Durango. Is AR connected with Chrysler?
They are.
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/fiv...eiled-car-news
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #49
astricklin
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

One thing that you did not mention is using your turn signal. Did you indicate to other drivers that you were about to make a right hand turn? If not then shame on you and this whole situation is your own fault. If you did and just failed to mention it (although you mentioned waiving at your kids and also flashing the high beams) then next time you should move more to the right so there is not room to pass.

Old September 19th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #50
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by astricklin View Post
One thing that you did not mention is using your turn signal. Did you indicate to other drivers that you were about to make a right hand turn? If not then shame on you and this whole situation is your own fault. If you did and just failed to mention it (although you mentioned waiving at your kids and also flashing the high beams) then next time you should move more to the right so there is not room to pass.
So let me get this straight, you think if he didn't put his signal light on, some jackass is allowed to pass him on the right in his lane?

Right....
Redgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #51
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgeneral View Post
So let me get this straight, you think if he didn't put his signal light on, some jackass is allowed to pass him on the right in his lane?

Right....
If he didn't put his signal on and came left a bit to swing right into his house, the suv could have thought he was going left and passed him on the right. Bikes hit cars like this all the time.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #52
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Quote:
Not sure if that's her, or me. I've looked at every make/model and don't think I'll recognize the car unless I see it again in the wild.

So.... say I find the car parked in a driveway. Perhaps the owner is running late for work the next morning and finds an envelope on her windshield with a "F U " note written on it. Let's say, hypothetically of course, she looks inside the envelope and it contains all 4 of her valve cores (nothing broken). Were any laws broken?
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d04/vc10852.htm

V C Section 10852 Breaking or Removing Vehicle Parts
Breaking or Removing Vehicle Parts
10852. No person shall either individually or in association with one or more other persons, wilfully injure or tamper with any vehicle or the contents thereof or break or remove any part of a vehicle without the consent of the owner.

I found one case where the person tampering with the vehicle (broke an outside rear view mirror) was issued a ticket for $500. Yes, the officer just happened to witness the person break the mirror. YMMV

Your best option would be to get the tag #, etc. and file a report with your local police. Explain your side of the story. Mention any other incidents with this person that you may have witnessed. If enough people file reports, there will be a record created. Eventually, something may come of it.
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #53
astricklin
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgeneral View Post

Right....
In many states (including Calif.), it is perfectly legal to pass someone using the shoulder on the right when they are making a left turn. So, yes I do think that a normal, reasonably polite and courteous person could pass him on the right if it appeared that he were making a left turn.

And I will add this in as well. Read the last line carefully.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21754.htm
"The provisions of this section shall not relieve the driver of a slow moving vehicle from the duty to drive as closely as practicable to the right hand edge of the roadway."

Old September 20th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #54
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

was it a Toyota rav4?

Old September 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #55
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

The recent posts bring up a good point. How did the driver have enough room to pass on the right in the first place? Perhaps opening the garage door could have waited until you were safely out of the roadway?
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #56
sousuke86
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

Chrysler 200?
sousuke86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:57 AM   #57
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I decided the other day to drop it for my own sanity.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:30 AM   #58
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Good idea.
The car missed you. Get over it. Life is to short.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:53 PM   #59
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
Good idea.
The car missed you. Get over it. Life is to short.
Fortunately it's longer than it would have been.

Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:02 AM   #60
parox91
ninjette.org member

Name: Not Applicable

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250

nvm.

Last futzed with by parox91; September 23rd, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
parox91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:06 PM   #61
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

even if he appeared to be turning left his signal wouldn't have been on, also if he was waving it looks like he's signaling a right turn with his hand

Old September 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #62
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I was following a dingbat in my development yesterday when coming home. Several red flags had me on alert already (burned-out brakelight, driving too slowly, looking a bit erratic), so I gave her plenty of space. She slowed quite a bit, and drifted all the way to the left of the road. I just knew what was coming, and without a signal or any other warning, she turned directly right and went into her driveway. She had no concept of anyone behind her, and probably wouldn't have given a thought even if she was aware.

If I wasn't paying attention and kept going a normal speed, I can certainly see going straight to her right (she was all the way on the left side of the road), and her suddenly being surprised when turning into me.

I think it's clear that everyone needs to pay attention while driving, and even more so when riding. If you weren't aware someone was that close behind you, you're at risk. If they had enough room to get around you to the right, and they chose to do so, either you didn't signal or they ignored your signal. If you think they should have just automatically known your intentions, I think you may assume too much. We can only guess what happened based on what you shared here, but I have a hunch there's someone nearby who is complaining to their friends that a motorcycle rider did something really silly in their neighborhood.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #63
headshrink

Sure, I can see that. But if I didn't mention it earlier, I didn't swing out of my lane.

Old September 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #64
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe the Ant View Post
even if he appeared to be turning left his signal wouldn't have been on, also if he was waving it looks like he's signaling a right turn with his hand
Sorry about the deleted, pre-coffee version.

Even if the wave was misinterpreted as a signal, it would have actually been a *RIGHT-hand signal, per the CA DMV booklet.

EDIT: Said "left" when I meant "right" (corrected).

Last futzed with by headshrink; September 24th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Old May 30th, 2014, 01:30 PM   #65
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
...was misinterpreted...
I think I just solved the case: the wave wasn't misinterpreted as a hand signal for turning, it was misinterpreted as you inviting them to pass on that side. I believe I was in a somewhat similar situation, though I was in a cage.

I recall driving my car when a fire truck in front of me slowed and stopped. I then realized the he needed to back into a fire station on our right. FWIW, this was a one way road, two lanes, with diagonal parking and loading areas on on both sides (typical town square).

Once stopped I noticed the driver staring in his side view mirror, clearly watching and waiting for something. I acknowledged him, he acknowledged me, and then we both awkwardly sat there until I felt he could only be expecting me to go around for him to have the clearance he needed to back in. I had traffic behind me and could not back up myself. Eventually, I was sure that this was what he wanted and that I was holding up the FD and multiple lanes of traffic by not going around (they always start this maneuver from the left lane). I gave a toot on my horn as I proceeded to go and then the door of the fire truck almost slams into me while the fireman yelled and screamed before leaning back in and blaring the horn at me.

He almost jumped down in front of me simply because we acknowledged our awareness of each other (nod and wave) despite neither being clear of the other's intentions. He really did think I was stopped for good and that he could take his time and I really did think that I was in the way and that he was waiting for me to move. To this day he probably thinks I'm the irresponsible and inconsiderate jerk with no respect for firemen who almost ran him over while being impatient, though it couldn't be further from the truth. Simple misunderstanding.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 9th, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #66
Ninjinsky

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Pontiac Aztec
Nah THIS is a Pontiac

credit: cargurus.com

Seriously OP just cruise around the neighborhood, on a bicycle if you don't want to set alarm bells, If you can't find him he's out of range anyway.
I know in your minds eye a confrontation looms but in reality don't do that, just make a mental note and maybe a number.
I often used to 'red mist' and get out of the car to people but I realised one day my luck would run out, especially since the south London kids have started using guns these days
Ninjinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #67
spooph

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
put down a 2x4 with nails in facing up, in the gutter... You'll which car it is real fast...

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #68
headshrink

I never figured out what the make of car was, but found out who it was. It's a substitute teacher at my kids' school. I can't remember her actual name, but the kids call her "Mrs. Rude," which she is.

Old May 30th, 2014, 03:33 PM   #69
Ninjinsky

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Quote:
It's a substitute teacher at my kids' school. I can't remember her actual name,
Well that rules out psychopathy,..... probably
Ninjinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #70
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Probably just as well to drop the ideas of retaliation and move on with your life. Even if you get this one driver to learn the errors of her ways, there are still literally millions of bad drivers out on the road still that you need to watch out for anyhow.

Old May 30th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #71
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinsky View Post
Well that rules out psychopathy,..... probably
Not necessarily; there are some interesting characters over there.

Old May 30th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #72
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
Probably just as well to drop the ideas of retaliation and move on with your life. Even if you get this one driver to learn the errors of her ways, there are still literally millions of bad drivers out on the road still that you need to watch out for anyhow.
Did a while ago, although I take a longer look in the rear view as I slow in front of my house.