ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old March 24th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #1
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Need to edit videos

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question but I will post here and I guess it can be moved if necessary.

I have gigs of riding video from my GOPRO but most of it is boring. I need a way to edit the footage for just the good parts and also block out the license plates. The problem is I have no experience in doing video editing and have no idea what software (preferably free) is best to use. I would love to post some really impressive videos of our group riding and some fantastic things we have caught on camera.

Anyone out there who has a few minuites to give me some advice on what when and how to best do this? I really want to show some of the roads we ride on and how we do it but cant mostly because of the length of the videos and also a little bit of the over the speed limit thing. I have the equipment just need direction and time.

thanks
ant
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Windows Live Movie Maker has a lower learning curve and direct support for uploading to youtube. FREE! Might want to start there. You're basically splitting out (DEL key) the parts you don't want.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Forget blocking out license plates, thats going to be a huge pain in the ass and you'll need something a lot better than free software to do it.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #4
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I just send my raw footage to jiggles and let him work his magic.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Windows Movie Maker is quick and easy and best of all free (if you have a recent Windows machine it may be installed already).

I think @Jiggles recommended PowerDirector that does have a free trial if you want to give it a shot. It didn't work for my Contour videos but reviews are high for it being able to do most things. I got the impression it is the best one out there.

I use Pinnacle Studio on my iPad for editing my videos. Relatively inexpensive all things considered and if the desktop version is a better version, would be worth the cost. Not sure if there is a trial available for it.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #6
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Start riding better roads!

Old March 24th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I do use power director, they just released version 12 which I picked up for $60

Fastest video writer there is and version 12 is supposed to be almost 4x faster than version 11
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2014, 02:31 PM   #8
Ducati999

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Start riding better roads!
What is wrong with the roads I ride? Not sure I trust your opinion if you got me with the ZUNE post! I like the roads I ride that is why I want to share. There is one, which if no one lived on it, would be my favorite. I would make my own personal race track just like that road!

I hope I can find a way to block out the license plates or there may have to be less video than I thought.

Thanks for the suggestions I will check on the windows movie maker and see if I can handle it. I have to figure out software all the time for my job so I should be ok

Old March 24th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #9
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Movie maker works for me. It's easy to use and the videos don't take too long to complete.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #10
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
What is wrong with the roads I ride? Not sure I trust your opinion if you got me with the ZUNE post! I like the roads I ride that is why I want to share. There is one, which if no one lived on it, would be my favorite. I would make my own personal race track just like that road!

I hope I can find a way to block out the license plates or there may have to be less video than I thought.

Thanks for the suggestions I will check on the windows movie maker and see if I can handle it. I have to figure out software all the time for my job so I should be ok

I used to build houses in Grafton and have ridden most of the roads around Worcester (actually all of New England). I'm sure it's more built up now but I used to find some fantastic roads. Ride down into RI and you can find some killer roads that are tight turns and hills.

Old March 24th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #11
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

I use Final Cut Pro, which is absolute overkill for what I do. But I like to feel cool, so FCP will stay

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2014, 02:45 AM   #12
Ducati999

So I got Windows Movie maker. I managed to do a quick video and other than figuring out how to make the resolution look better it is fairly easy to use. Thank you to every one who chimed in with suggestions. I am sure my skills will improve with time! Now I just have to figure out where to put them so I can upload the files to the forum.

Old March 25th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #13
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

Movie Maker is the moped/motorized scooter of the editing software industry. Cmon guys!
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote