ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old June 6th, 2023, 10:41 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoGP: Raul Fernandez, Oliveira Returning To Action At Mugel

CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP Team ready to bounce back in Mugello Following a difficult start to the season, the CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP Team aims to be back in full formation this […]

The post MotoGP: Raul Fernandez, Oliveira Returning To Action At Mugello appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP Team ready to bounce back in Mugello

Following a difficult start to the season, the CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP Team aims to be back in full formation this weekend for round six of the 2023 season, set amidst the beautiful Tuscan hills at the Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello.*This eagerly awaited event marks the return of both Miguel Oliveira and Raul Fernandez to the circuit, as they are determined to kick off the Grand Prix weekend following their recovery from injuries sustained in the previous rounds.

The Portuguese hero crashed through no fault of his own at the Spanish Grand Prix more than five weeks ago and injured his shoulder, which is still preventing him from feeling 100% comfortable on a bike. Nevertheless, Oliveira remains determined to regain his fitness to be declared fit on Thursday in order to try his Aprilia RS-GP in Free Practice one on Friday and attempt a comeback following his very unlucky beginning of 2023.

Meanwhile, Fernandez underwent surgery on his right arm that was stopping him from competitive riding from the beginning of the season. The compartment syndrome was detected in several muscles of his arm and was successfully operated in Madrid. However, he experienced significant pain just one week after surgery in Le Mans, France. The Spaniard now aims a complete return to action this weekend, hoping to get the green light after seeing the doctors on Thursday.

The race weekend in Mugello starts as usual with a 45 minutes Practice one on Friday morning at 10:45 local time followed by Practice two from 15:00 to 16:00.

MIGUEL OLIVEIRA

“I’m really, really looking forward to go to Mugello. For sure now the biggest question mark is how I’m going to be physically able to handle a tough track like this on the MotoGP bike. The last few days, I felt an improvement, so hopefully that can be enough for me to arrive and be competitive. That’s the main target. I know that I need more experience with the bike and I need more races, but at this time it’s a priority to come back strong and at 100%. I will go to Mugello with that in mind and hopefully we can turn it into a good weekend. I’m looking forward to see all the team again.”

RAUL FERNANDEZ

“I’m really happy to be back in Mugello. We had three weekends off, which was good for my arm. I had time to recover and time to prepare myself physically. This weekend I don’t want to expect something special. First, we have to see how my arm is working. If all is well, we will of course try to do the best and also enjoy, which is my principal goal. I’m curious to see if the arm will give me any trouble after these first four tricky rounds, where my arm was causing quite many problems.”

Razlan Razali, Founder and Team Principal CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP Team

“As we refreshed and reset during the three weeks break, we look forward to the first European triple header of Mugello, Sachsenring and Assen. It’s going to be a test of strength of all teams, especially our team with the physical condition of Miguel and Raul. We believe during the three weeks break both of our riders have done their maximum to recuperate and to strengthen, to rejuvenate from their previous injuries and surgeries. We have had glimpses of both riders at the recent Aprilia All Stars event in Misano, where Miguel tested his physical condition for one lap on the RS-GP. Not at 100% still, the injury has restricted his movements and we can only fully understand the actual situation from Practice one this week. Still after the All Stars, he had two weeks to recover and go for specific treatment based on his feeling at this event. So, we hope he will be better this week. Raul is very happy with his progress. He rode both days at the Aprilia event, he had fun, no tiredness feeling in his arm. For him, it all looks positive. We approach this first of three weekends with a bit of caution and we have to wait until the first session to see how both of our riders go. Again, I’m not overly positive, but cautious.”

Wilco Zeelenberg, Team Manager CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP Team

“After three weekends away, we are looking forward to Mugello, which is always a fantastic event. The track is amazing and there’s a lot of interest from partners, sponsors and fans as it’s a very special layout and place. We have a lot of guests coming over, which makes the event always very interesting for everybody. Saying that, we obviously have to face the facts that both of our boys need to be checked medically on Thursday. Let’s see and wait for that first. Of course, we know that the situation has improved a lot since Le Mans. But we can only say whether they are 100% fit after the race weekend. They are recovering well, let’s hope for the best. At the same time, it’s the first race of a triple round, so it’s quite important to be ready with the whole staff and have this race weekend by weekend following up, which is quite a big task. As always, we will try to prepare ourselves as good as possible.”

The post MotoGP: Raul Fernandez, Oliveira Returning To Action At Mugello appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.