ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

Old May 12th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Forum Sponsorship / Advertising on ninjette.org

Hi all -

I've started to receive more questions about sponsorship and advertising on ninjette.org, so rather than deal with each one individually via PM's, figured it made sense to post up a thread about how it works. Though PM's are certainly just fine if people have any individual questions that they'd prefer not to post publicly.

First, ninjette.org doesn't really have, nor is it seeking, direct sponsors. I'm very appreciative of the gifts that some friendly vendors have already provided (Kerry from Area P, Becky from Custom Seat Creations, and some others), but ninjette.org doesn't solicit donations or fees from anyone in order to use this site. What ninjette.org does use, however, is Google Adsense context-sensitive advertising. Google populates those ad banners that some of you see in the headers and footers of some pages, as well as on the portal page. None of that space is sold directly by ninjette.org to the advertisers, it's all handled by Google. Google inserts ads that they think fit with the surrounding page, and if people click on the ads, ninjette.org gets a few cents per click. Please don't click wildly in the hopes of driving up revenues, Google has some pretty good click validation and will just suspend the account if they suspect click fraud; but please do feel free to click away to visit any of the ads that do in fact interest you; that's why they are there. The reason you see some ads so often is that those advertisers have specifically asked Google to place their ads on this particular site. If you would like to advertise on ninjette.org (and/or similar sites), check out:

http://www.google.com/adwords

for all the details. You set up your ads with google, and you then choose where you want the ads to show up. You can target them to specific sites, or specific keywords throughout google search and the "google content network". All that refers to is the thousands of sites that use google ads like ninjette.org. Pricing is highly variable. The more you pay, the more often the ad shows up. But you can start by paying very little. I pay $20/month now to Google to advertise ninjette.org on other sites, and that gets me several hundred thousand page views of that ad per month. Of course, the most effective way to drive traffic here was just to have kkim arm-twist folks to come over.

Hope this helps explain how things work here, and please post up if anyone has any questions or concerns about advertising, sponsorship, or an related topics.

- Alex

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #2
kkim

lol... "click fraud"??

arm-twist... me??? never!!!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #3
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Can we do a vendor section? I feel like I am clogging up the classifieds since I am banished to there when it comes to talking about any products I deal with. I'm not looking to pay KF rates but if a couple vendors chip in we can atleast help off set your running costs. I know your not soliciting vendor but it will help with the traffic in the classifieds.

Old August 5th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Let me think about it. What does KF charge? Have you tried the Google Adwords banner ads?

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old August 5th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #5
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Kawiforums wants $50 a month. I haven't tried the adwords banner but I am looking into it in the future.

Old April 20th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Bump for a minor update here. Google has rolled out a new program called Adsense Direct. (link)

Basically, it allows sites like ours to sell ad space directly to advertisers, rather than showing the ads that win the spot via instant auction. If you are interested in advertising directly here on ninjette.org, please shoot me a PM or an email, and we can chat about terms. Here's how it works:

Link to original page on YouTube.