ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Notices

Old August 16th, 2019, 04:42 PM   #41
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
That's good progress!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2019, 02:02 PM   #42
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Well... surgery round 2 scheduled for November 5th... they're doing a LOA with MAU... aka lysis of adhesion (cutting scar tissue) with manipulation under anesthesia (forcing my leg to bend).

Ugh. Still can't walk normally, last night I woke up screaming because I had a dream that I jumped off a ledge and when I landed, I folded my legs underneath me - I did that in my sleep in real life, and immediately woke up in severe pain... so yeah, hoping the surgery will jumpstart ACTUAL recovery.

Old October 22nd, 2019, 04:36 PM   #43
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Good luck with the surgery and the resulting improvement Katie. It's hard to imagine how hard this must be for you. I just went through a week and a half of severe back spasms that made it hard to do anything but yelp, but it was only a week and a half.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2019, 05:27 PM   #44
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

Just read up on the thread. Hope everything gets easier, faster for you.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2019, 06:59 PM   #45
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Thanks guys. I finally figured out to articulate what I want from people. Sympathy, no. Encouragement, humor, validation, and perspective, yes! It could always be worse.

Old October 22nd, 2019, 08:03 PM   #46
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Humor and perspective: I played golf with a co-worker a few times 35 years ago. When he flubbed a shot he'd sometimes say "Oh well, 100 years from now, nobody'll give a sh**."

Old October 30th, 2019, 11:18 AM   #47
CaliGrrl

Ouch! I hope the surgery helps you get back to stuff.

Old October 30th, 2019, 07:57 PM   #48
Artruck
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ex250 (black), silver 2005 ex250 scrambler, 2003 ex250 donor bike, 2006 kymco people 250

Hope the second go round gets the knee moving again. When my dad had knee replacement they had some of the same issues with scarring ( he blew out his ACL and MCL in 1973 playing college football and had 7 knee surgeries before the replacement) but after they addressed the scarring he made the recovery they had hoped for the first time.

Always tough with set backs like this.
Artruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2019, 08:09 AM   #49
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
That's brutal. Leg in the forks? that's a new one on me but **** happens quick in a crash.

Best of luck with healing, at least you have all winter to get things right and ready for next season, right?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2019, 08:10 PM   #50
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Thanks for the continued encouragement!!

I'm doing better after 2nd surgery, got a bit more range of motion and they removed a "knot" of scar tissue the size of a marble from in front of my ACL which was blocking extension. Now it's just a matter of pushing it as hard as I can. Still have a lot of pain and some stiffness with the ends of my range of motion but overall it's feeling better.

Now I need to move out of my parents' house so I can ride again, because I have used up my 3 strikes of dirtbike injuries. .. ha

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old November 16th, 2019, 08:22 PM   #51
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I am so glad to hear that you are getting better. Keep pushing yourself and following the doctors orders.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2019, 06:28 AM   #52
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

I'm glad to hear about the progress! My parents happened to buy an inexpensive little car that they didn't need just after I had a couple crashes. It was pretty obvious who it was meant for. I know what you mean.

Old November 19th, 2019, 05:42 AM   #53
willi777
ninjette.org member

Name: Willie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 500, VFR750

I was taken out on my VFR-750 back in 1993 by a drunken driver- broke my spine in 4 places, collapsed lung, right foot pointing 90 degrees from straight. They did 4 ops over a months time, i couldn't eat, dropped 35 lbs, was only 150 to begin with... the surgeon made me wait 3 years before any physical activity- because he knew i'd be right back on a bike.
Set your mind that you wanna be 100%, but give your body the time and rest it needs to heal. We put too much emphasis on time, but it doesn't matter in the end. I developed more patience than i could have imagined from this injury, and getting healed up is so much more important that the time it takes.
I was 25 in 1993, made a pretty incredible recovery, but those injuries still nag me. I ride when i can, but rest my back when it hurts, and then i ride again... don't be hard on yourself, on your body- it will recover, but it's the mental attitude that's the most important component. Tell yourself you will be 100%, but let your body tell you when it's ready for 100%, it has to last you another 50 yrs or so. I am 51 now, still riding, but if i didn't give my body the time it needed to heal, i don't think i would still be able to ride.
willi777 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old November 24th, 2019, 10:06 PM   #54
CaliGrrl

I'm glad you're making healing progress!

Old June 8th, 2020, 01:26 PM   #55
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Anyone want an update 11 months later? I now have almost full flexion, I can touch my butt with my heel if I work on it slowly! But I'm still lacking about 10 degrees of extension which is kind of not good... and I've not been able to see my surgeon since January because of coronavirus. I could go now, but I'm worried about going into their office building which includes a bunch of other medical offices and testing and diagnostics places etc... But I am able to walk just fine and go up and down stairs and ride my horse and ride my moped and sit cross legged etc! Still have a significant amount of pain putting weight on my right leg if it's bent more than about 40 degrees (deep squats...)

Still improving, I guess it's just going to take a long time. If I try to straighten my leg it just won't really get straight.. I had a Dynasplint which is a brace that puts low load/long duration tension on the leg to straighten it, but I honestly don't think it worked very well, it was super painful, and cost $200/month so I sent it back after 3 months (which I think was giving it a fair shot).

I haven't been able to ride my street or dirt bike mostly for non-physical reasons, but I definitely plan on riding when/if this pandemic ever "subsides" and I move out of the place I'm living at now.

How are you guys all doing? lol

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 8th, 2020, 02:24 PM   #56
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

That's pretty good news, I'd say. Deep squats are bad for knees anyway, so I wouldn't miss being able to do them.

Old June 8th, 2020, 04:23 PM   #57
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Awesome news!!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2020, 05:46 PM   #58
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

I've got a couple fingers that won't get straight. I had to wear finger splints but they never went back all the way and the doc said there was nothing more they could do. Probably a ways off leg issues though.

Anyway, sounds like good progress! My body has been through the wringer too with 11 broken bones. Heal up and adapt is all anyone can do.

Old June 16th, 2020, 09:23 AM   #59
CaliGrrl

I'm glad you're doing better!

Old December 8th, 2020, 09:34 AM   #60
NinjaPony
New rider

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2021 Ninja 400 (abs), 2004 NinjaEx (2007 motor)

sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll be up and riding in no time.
NinjaPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2021, 03:56 PM   #61
Ducati999

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
Anyone want an update 11 months later? I now have almost full flexion, I can touch my butt with my heel if I work on it slowly! But I'm still lacking about 10 degrees of extension which is kind of not good... and I've not been able to see my surgeon since January because of coronavirus. I could go now, but I'm worried about going into their office building which includes a bunch of other medical offices and testing and diagnostics places etc... But I am able to walk just fine and go up and down stairs and ride my horse and ride my moped and sit cross legged etc! Still have a significant amount of pain putting weight on my right leg if it's bent more than about 40 degrees (deep squats...)

Still improving, I guess it's just going to take a long time. If I try to straighten my leg it just won't really get straight.. I had a Dynasplint which is a brace that puts low load/long duration tension on the leg to straighten it, but I honestly don't think it worked very well, it was super painful, and cost $200/month so I sent it back after 3 months (which I think was giving it a fair shot).

I haven't been able to ride my street or dirt bike mostly for non-physical reasons, but I definitely plan on riding when/if this pandemic ever "subsides" and I move out of the place I'm living at now.

How are you guys all doing? lol
So its 2021 now, Need further updates. Were you ever able to ride in 2020? How is the leg recovery, any better than last update?
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 10th, 2021, 10:37 AM   #62
Rapidroach1
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 & 300

Ouch!
Rapidroach1 is offline   Reply With Quote