ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 4th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #1
MrBrownTX
ninjette.org member

Name: Brown

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja EX250

CHL reccomend a small locking hard case

If you're a CHL CCW person and you carry do you have a place to lock your gun away on the bike when you go in places you can't take it? I was hoping for a compartment under the seat on the 1995 EX250 I just bought there doesn't seem to be any good place.

I have found a few threads about carrying while riding but don't see anything about securing and concealing on the bike.

Last futzed with by MrBrownTX; May 7th, 2011 at 08:31 AM.
MrBrownTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM   #3
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I personally wouldn't leave a gun unattended, unless it were in a proper safe, bolted to the floor. There may be times when locking it in the trunk of a car is unavoidable, but locking it on a motorcycle.... I wouldn't do that. That's just me, but I'm not here to lecture, so I'll throw some ideas at you regardles....

Prior to my county recognizing the right/necessity for self-defense, I used a locked bank bag to transport to and from the office.... this was in a backpack, but could still walk away if left on a bike.

Another idea... I keep an auto-switch and garage door opener velcroed under the meter-cover, behind the lower fairing.... there is a natural pocket there that you access by reaching down next to the triple tree. This is on a new-gen, so I don't know how different that would be for you. Perhaps if you worked out something to hold it (something magnetic, or even an attached holser... kydex will melt). Maybe you can do a variation of this by attaching a holster to the frame or inside of a fairing. However, if you did that, you would REALLY have to be careful to remove it before you start to roll. Also, make sure it won't fall out if it gets bumped, or knocked over.

That is about all I can think of, but I am interested to hear what solution you come up with.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:03 PM   #4
RedCromwell
ninjette.org member

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
\/\/\/

Very subtle.
RedCromwell is offline   Reply With Quote