ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM   #1
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

Name: Stephanie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Best Levers?

So I was just wondering what everyone thought are the best levers for the best price?.. I'm looking for a good set of adjustable levers but I dont want to spend more than $100... Does anyone have a recommendation? THanks guys!

Last futzed with by TXninjaGirl; April 23rd, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
TXninjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:03 AM   #2
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Have you tried using the 'SEARCH' feature of the forum to look for other threads that may answer your questions?

Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM   #3
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Levers search comes up with 372 hits, and I'm not seeing one quickly that compares the different brands. If you have a thread in mind, link would be great. But seems like a legit topic.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:40 AM   #4
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

I tend to take a more pro-active stance when wanting to get answers to my questions and I find it more rewarding to go looking for answers rather than just asking for them. However, sometimes it is easier and faster to just ask, but if you search for it the answers will come.

Yes, when you search for levers on the forum there isn't any immediate threads that pop up saying, "Review of more than one brand of lever". However, if you read through some of the threads regarding levers you will find useful information and opinions that are not necessarily related to just one brand/model of lever.

The most common aftermarket lever that is being purchased is the ones by 2wheels off of eBay, but there seem to be pros and cons to doing so. I do know there are other brand of levers being offered on eBay, plus an easy google search will bring up some more as well. I would just read all reviews relative to those models, as well as reading the eBay sellers feedback.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:51 AM   #5
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

yes.. i DID use this "SEARCH" feature.. it's amazing.. and here i had no IDEA it existed! WOW....if i had found an answer i was SATISFIED with I wouldnt have asked........ anyways.. i was hoping to open up a conversation about which levers are more popular and have the best feedback.. i should probably do a poll.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM   #6
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Steph.... Obviously my Pazzo Levers that I just had up for sale all week...... listed for 100.00..... black levers with red dial in... plus one set of black dial ins for the lucky person that didn't give me any shake down on the price for "free".... listing price from Pazzo for dial ins 30.00. Lucky buyer that was..... lol.

Wanna consider the 1.5 year old like new Corbin Seat???? U can still smell the glue (check market place)... Upgrade your stock screen to the Puig Racing Windscreen.... ohhh yes! I'll even deliver for free... as I did for one purchaser today.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70632
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXninjaGirl View Post
yes.. i DID use this "SEARCH" feature.. it's amazing.. and here i had no IDEA it existed! WOW....if i had found an answer i was SATISFIED with I wouldnt have asked........ anyways.. i was hoping to open up a conversation about which levers are more popular and have the best feedback.. i should probably do a poll.
I belive you can still add a poll to this thread. Just list the different brands and see which one gets the most votes.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:18 AM   #8
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

That question is going to be subjective... IMHO you get what you pay for. I have the Pazzo shorty levers and alex.s bought the imitations off of eBay. His have a lot of free play in them as mine do not. My adjuster is very easy to change and smooth... his a little rougher. Do what you like, but in the end you gotta ask yourself are you more concerned with fit/finish and performance of the lever... or getting a cheap lever?
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:19 AM   #9
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
That question is going to be subjective... IMHO you get what you pay for. I have the Pazzo shorty levers and alex.s bought the imitations off of eBay. His have a lot of free play in them as mine do not. My adjuster is very easy to change and smooth... his a little rougher. Do what you like, but in the end you gotta ask yourself are you more concerned with fit/finish and performance of the lever... or getting a cheap lever?
Exactly Caz....
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:44 PM   #10
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

We have 2 Ninja 250's, Pazzo's on one and the2wheel eBay levers on the other. The eBay levers are not as finished as the Pazzo's are noted above but are darn close for the money!! If I were to do it all again they would both have the eBay levers.

THIS THREAD is a good read on the eBay levers.

THIS is a direct link to the eBay levers.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:35 PM   #11
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
So I was just wondering what everyone thought are the best levers for the best price?.. I'm looking for a good set of adjustable levers but I dont want to spend more than $100... Does anyone have a recommendation? THanks guys!
There a few major brand adjustable levers on the market that fit the Ninja 250R, ASV, CRG, Pazzo, Speed Metal, & those sold by SlingShot Racing, RideitMoto and of course various ones made in Hong Kong & Thailand.

The ASV, CRG, Pazzo & Speed Metal brands all sell for well over $100. Out of all the searching I did to find out about levers for the 250 Ninja, I found very little. Not a whole lot of reviews from 250 Ninja owners on these other brands. Maybe someone will find and post comparisons of all the levers that fit the 250 Ninja, but I would not expect it anytime soon.

I think other than a few cosmetic blemishes to the levers sold on ebay, most are satisfied with the function of those levers. When you can get 2 sets of levers for a less than $100, that's a deal.

Any lever you choose will come down to your own personal preference. My suggestion would be to at least look at (if possible) the different brands and styles to see which one you like the best.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 05:50 AM   #12
ratlab
ratlab

Name: reese

Motorcycle(s): gsxr1000,R3x2,RC390,FZ07,XR100

spend the money and go for crg -they are the best if available-you want something that is precise and will last and looks quality
ratlab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 07:32 AM   #13
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

i have the2wheels folding levers. functionality is great, they do the job for which they were purchased. $75 shipped from Hong Kong, took 28 days to receive. that being said, the anodizing is not of the best quality. the black on my levers turned purple/light gray after about 2 months. keep in mind, i live in florida (intense sun), and my bike is parked outside 8-10 hours a day while i'm at work. that being said, i am happy with my choice as i did not want to spend $200+ on the name brand options.

it's your money, buy what you want......
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #14
ratlab
ratlab

Name: reese

Motorcycle(s): gsxr1000,R3x2,RC390,FZ07,XR100

Smile levers

tried pazzos asv and crg on various bikes-liked crg the best-no drama
ratlab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #15
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

I decided to go ahead and buy the levers from the2wheels on ebay.. got regular size with blue lever and black adjuster.. they actually match very well with my bike... so far they work great and I am super happy with them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00481.jpg (135.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00485.jpg (117.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00478.jpg (140.8 KB, 17 views)

Old May 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #16
Bols
Norwegian dude

Name: Ole

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 748

Quote:
I decided to go ahead and buy the levers from the2wheels on ebay.. got regular size with blue lever and black adjuster.. they actually match very well with my bike... so far they work great and I am super happy with them
Awesome! Just ordered some a few days ago, so nice that you are happy with them! Can't wait until i get mine, i ordered the shorty ones though in black for my green bike. The price still seems pretty unbelieavable to me
Bols is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #17
foam
ninjette.org newbie

Name: United States

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

I haven't modded my ninja yet but I figured these levers are a good start. I've been keeping track of the EBAY thread and do you guys recommend Shorty or Regular? I'm choosing to change levers because I have smaller hands and have read this will help.
foam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #18
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, a puddle of Ninja ZX6

I also got the levers on Ebay from the2wheels. But I got the shorty levers.

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #19
Bols
Norwegian dude

Name: Ole

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by foam View Post
I haven't modded my ninja yet but I figured these levers are a good start. I've been keeping track of the EBAY thread and do you guys recommend Shorty or Regular? I'm choosing to change levers because I have smaller hands and have read this will help.
I guess it will depend on how many fingers you like to use. The regular are made for 4 fingers, the shorty ones for 2 fingers. I only use 2 fingers, so I went with both shorty, but i also read some like to have the clutch lever short and brake standard size.
Bols is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #20
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, a puddle of Ninja ZX6

I don't have small hands, I just don't use all my fingers to shift.

Old May 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #21
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

Bikes looking good Txninjagirl. Loving the blue/black color scheme. Those lever match perfectly.

Old May 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #22
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

Thanks guys!.. I got the Regular size levers because.. how short are the shorty? lol.. also, personally I think the shortys look awkward, but hey.. to each their own.

Old May 24th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #23
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Doyle

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Hayabusa 2009 Ninja 250R

Just ordered a set.. black lever with black adjusters.. Long clutch and short brake because that's how I roll..