Motorcycle(s): 08 R6

Kawasaki knows how to party!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ain-drugs.html
zilaniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #2
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Probably would've gotten away with it if they just said they were holding it for Charlie Sheen or Lindsay Lohan.

Quote:
...officers allegedly discovered 18lbs (8kg) of cocaine, 157lbs (71kg) of amphetamine tablets and more than 220lbs (100kg) of cannabis...
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #3
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

That's what makes you go fast...
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #4
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

That's one way to fund a race team!
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #5
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I believe Nascar had this problem a few years back. I mean really, some of the originals were drivers for the southern still (moonshine) operators.

Old May 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I never understood the point of drugs, never tried them, never will. It only gets you in trouble.

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #7
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
I never understood the point of drugs, never tried them, never will. It only gets you in trouble.
how the hell would you know if you've never tried them?? Its like people that say say "do you have a death wish riding that thing??" having never been on a bike in their life
LoneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #8
bettysmith
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ex250 (Blue)

Quote:
Personal liberty my friend.
Posted via Mobile Device
bettysmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #9
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRonin View Post
how the hell would you know if you've never tried them?? Its like people that say say "do you have a death wish riding that thing??" having never been on a bike in their life
Do you have a death wish smokin up / snortin up / shooten up? There is tons of scientific proof to back me up, wheres your defense?

Old May 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #10
bettysmith
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Do you have a death wish smokin up / snortin up / shooten up? There is tons of scientific proof to back me up, wheres your defense?
Have you ever drank alcohol or.smoked tobacco? Both of those substances are far more harmful than cannabis,mushrooms, or LSD. Prrscription painkillers are moreof a danger than heroine.

And on the note of cannabis, it has a plethora of medical possibility AND you don't need to smoke it to ingest.

I would withouta doubt say most illicit drugs are far more safe than riding a motorcycle, let alone driving a car.

But I'm no scientific expert,just a Guy with a lotof experience.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old May 5th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #11
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, a puddle of Ninja ZX6

Quote:
Originally Posted by austexjg View Post
That's what makes you go fast...
Or maybe they figured they would be better off going higher instead of faster.

Old May 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #12
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettysmith View Post
Have you ever drank alcohol or.smoked tobacco? Both of those substances are far more harmful than cannabis,mushrooms, or LSD. Prrscription painkillers are moreof a danger than heroine.

And on the note of cannabis, it has a plethora of medical possibility AND you don't need to smoke it to ingest.

I would withouta doubt say most illicit drugs are far more safe than riding a motorcycle, let alone driving a car.

But I'm no scientific expert,just a Guy with a lotof experience.
Posted via Mobile Device
Alcohol and tobacco are also drugs.... What about when people abuse drugs and end up face down in the middle of the street and get hit by a vehicle? What about those people who use drugs and operate vehicles who then crash and kill themselves or others? What about the enlarging number of overdoses and deaths due to drugs each year? What about the brain damage / cells being destroyed due to drugs? What about the fact that many of those drugs are illegal and for good reasons such as the ones mentioned above? If anyone thinks that illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco aren't bad for your health then they are obviously mistaken; Your just simply stating that, yes, drugs are bad for your health, but legal drugs are even worse. Legal drugs are OK if you don't abuse them, and face it, people abuse them all the time. I don't care what / if you have used drugs, they are bad for your health.

Old May 5th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #13
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I could light up, pour a drink, do a line and read this stuff all day. Too bad I out grew all that fun stuff (yesterday).

Old May 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #14
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

-

Last futzed with by c-dog; May 15th, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #15
bettysmith
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Alcohol and tobacco are also drugs.... What about when people abuse drugs and end up face down in the middle of the street and get hit by a vehicle? What about those people who use drugs and operate vehicles who then crash and kill themselves or others? What about the enlarging number of overdoses and deaths due to drugs each year? What about the brain damage / cells being destroyed due to drugs? What about the fact that many of those drugs are illegal and for good reasons such as the ones mentioned above? If anyone thinks that illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco aren't bad for your health then they are obviously mistaken; Your just simply stating that, yes, drugs are bad for your health, but legal drugs are even worse. Legal drugs are OK if you don't abuse them, and face it, people abuse them all the time. I don't care what / if you have used drugs, they are bad for your health.
"What about when people abuse drugs and end up face down in the middle of the street and get hit by a vehicle?"

What? You would have to get very intoxicated to do this. The only time I've seen it (sans vehicle) was due to alcohol.

"What about those people who use drugs and operate vehicles who then crash and kill themselves or others?"

What about people who fall asleep at the wheel? Not to mention this is an absurd correlation. Using drugs does not mean you're going to get behind a wheel and **** **** up, let alone get behind a wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Rr9rSDFCs

Also, please don't assume that driving intoxicated isn't driving safe. I've driven under the influence of cannabis nearly every day for the past year, and about 3 years ago for a year. I have not once been in an accident that involved another vehicle while I was driving. The only incident I've had was sliding into a guard rail on a hill in about 3-4 inches of snow. HOWEVER. I am NOT saying that driving intoxicated is proper. I am not condoning people going out and getting absolutely BLITZED and trying to drive. I don't get silly high and drive around, and I wouldn't want to be on the road with anyone else who was.

(If anyone cares, no I have not gone to my MSF high, nor do I plan on riding high for quite some time, if ever.)

What about the enlarging number of overdoses and deaths due to drugs each year?

What about the enlarging population each year? And do you care to cite this? I find it very hard to believe.

What about the fact that many of those drugs are illegal and for good reasons such as the ones mentioned above?

Not true, in the least. Have you ever actually watched Reefer Madness and noted the messages that they try to get across? 'Smoking cannabis makes black men rape white women' is pretty accurate. On the topic of cannabis, it was actually made illegal due to various reasons; Mexicans bringing cannabis with them and white people not liking Mexican nationals was a large part in Harry J Anslinger's campaign against cannabis.

The first law enacted in Jamestown was that farmers HAD to grow hemp. During WWII the government was Pro-Hemp as it is probably the most diversely useful textile. I know hemp is not the same as the cannabis flower (what you consume), however it often gets lumped into the same group by people ignorant on the subject.

If anyone thinks that illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco aren't bad for your health then they are obviously mistaken; Your just simply stating that, yes, drugs are bad for your health, but legal drugs are even worse. Legal drugs are OK if you don't abuse them, and face it, people abuse them all the time. I don't care what / if you have used drugs, they are bad for your health.

Running in California is bad for your health, due to the smog. Using cellular devices has been shown to increase brain activity. Too much time spent in the position of sitting in a computer chair can lead to endocrine disorders (IE: Diabetes). Staring at a computer monitor for extended periods of time can be harmful for your eyes. Not exercising thoroughly increases your risk for a multitude of disorders; muscular atrophy, heart disorders, lung function, etc.

Smoking a joint? Let's go over a few of the effects of cannabis aside from getting 'high'. Your brain naturally produces Cannabinoids. It's an anti inflammatory. It has been shown to reduce / halt the growth rate of cancerous tumors. It increases the appetite of cancer and aids sufferers. It has been shown to relieve pressures in your eyes (useful for glaucoma patients). It actually helps you breathe by stimulating the alveoli as opposed to cigarette smoke which inhibits it's ability. It is a pain reliever, useful for anyone (try to argue that), and is a necessity for some to sustain a reasonable way of life. On the other hand, many others use it simply for the 'high'. It relaxes you, or gets you hype. Many professional athletes have confessed to using cannabis because it gets them 'in the zone'.

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/new...to-lung-cancer

Let's go over MDMA and LSD / Mushrooms. Both more 'intense' / 'hard' than cannabis. MDMA has endless possibility within the field of psychotherapy.

http://scienceblog.com/36554/mdma-ec...esistant-ptsd/

LSD, Mushrooms; the same. On another note about LSD, the dosage to overdose is EXTREMELY high, and the creator of LSD was actually fed it intravenously as he lay dying in bed.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2551036/LS...Stanislav-Grof

DMT. DMT is an extremely strong hallucinogen. DMT is naturally produced in your brain, and is released during REM sleep and in moments of near death as a relaxant. Like going into shock after being in an accident / getting injured.

Your brain naturally produces the chemicals that many popular drugs of today mimic, or simply the drugs alter how much of said chemicals are produced or where they go to in your brain.

Please, don't get me wrong. I do not think all drugs are for all people, let alone any drugs for any people (As who am I to decide what another does or doesn't do?). There are most certainly drugs with high risk, but so are the decisions we carry out on a day to day basis. That is not to say that all drugs are absolutely meaningless, just as all of our actions are not meaningless. (Unless you want to get real philosophical =p )

Is not change, or risk, the spice of life?

Old May 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #16
aldenso
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): Red 2010 250r

I think what people are trying to say, Live2ride, is that you say you don't understand why someone would do them; but the reason that you don't understand is because you've never tried them.

They get you in trouble when you abuse or misuse them. Same with everything else.
aldenso is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2011, 03:59 AM   #17
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

This thread went from funny to serious really fast. Boo!!
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #18
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

that's cause everyone likes to
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #19
Live2ride

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettysmith View Post
"What about when people abuse drugs and end up face down in the middle of the street and get hit by a vehicle?"

What? You would have to get very intoxicated to do this. The only time I've seen it (sans vehicle) was due to alcohol.

"What about those people who use drugs and operate vehicles who then crash and kill themselves or others?"

What about people who fall asleep at the wheel? Not to mention this is an absurd correlation. Using drugs does not mean you're going to get behind a wheel and **** **** up, let alone get behind a wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Rr9rSDFCs

Also, please don't assume that driving intoxicated isn't driving safe. I've driven under the influence of cannabis nearly every day for the past year, and about 3 years ago for a year. I have not once been in an accident that involved another vehicle while I was driving. The only incident I've had was sliding into a guard rail on a hill in about 3-4 inches of snow. HOWEVER. I am NOT saying that driving intoxicated is proper. I am not condoning people going out and getting absolutely BLITZED and trying to drive. I don't get silly high and drive around, and I wouldn't want to be on the road with anyone else who was.

(If anyone cares, no I have not gone to my MSF high, nor do I plan on riding high for quite some time, if ever.)

What about the enlarging number of overdoses and deaths due to drugs each year?

What about the enlarging population each year? And do you care to cite this? I find it very hard to believe.

What about the fact that many of those drugs are illegal and for good reasons such as the ones mentioned above?

Not true, in the least. Have you ever actually watched Reefer Madness and noted the messages that they try to get across? 'Smoking cannabis makes black men rape white women' is pretty accurate. On the topic of cannabis, it was actually made illegal due to various reasons; Mexicans bringing cannabis with them and white people not liking Mexican nationals was a large part in Harry J Anslinger's campaign against cannabis.

The first law enacted in Jamestown was that farmers HAD to grow hemp. During WWII the government was Pro-Hemp as it is probably the most diversely useful textile. I know hemp is not the same as the cannabis flower (what you consume), however it often gets lumped into the same group by people ignorant on the subject.

If anyone thinks that illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco aren't bad for your health then they are obviously mistaken; Your just simply stating that, yes, drugs are bad for your health, but legal drugs are even worse. Legal drugs are OK if you don't abuse them, and face it, people abuse them all the time. I don't care what / if you have used drugs, they are bad for your health.

Running in California is bad for your health, due to the smog. Using cellular devices has been shown to increase brain activity. Too much time spent in the position of sitting in a computer chair can lead to endocrine disorders (IE: Diabetes). Staring at a computer monitor for extended periods of time can be harmful for your eyes. Not exercising thoroughly increases your risk for a multitude of disorders; muscular atrophy, heart disorders, lung function, etc.

Smoking a joint? Let's go over a few of the effects of cannabis aside from getting 'high'. Your brain naturally produces Cannabinoids. It's an anti inflammatory. It has been shown to reduce / halt the growth rate of cancerous tumors. It increases the appetite of cancer and aids sufferers. It has been shown to relieve pressures in your eyes (useful for glaucoma patients). It actually helps you breathe by stimulating the alveoli as opposed to cigarette smoke which inhibits it's ability. It is a pain reliever, useful for anyone (try to argue that), and is a necessity for some to sustain a reasonable way of life. On the other hand, many others use it simply for the 'high'. It relaxes you, or gets you hype. Many professional athletes have confessed to using cannabis because it gets them 'in the zone'.

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/new...to-lung-cancer

Let's go over MDMA and LSD / Mushrooms. Both more 'intense' / 'hard' than cannabis. MDMA has endless possibility within the field of psychotherapy.

http://scienceblog.com/36554/mdma-ec...esistant-ptsd/

LSD, Mushrooms; the same. On another note about LSD, the dosage to overdose is EXTREMELY high, and the creator of LSD was actually fed it intravenously as he lay dying in bed.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2551036/LS...Stanislav-Grof

DMT. DMT is an extremely strong hallucinogen. DMT is naturally produced in your brain, and is released during REM sleep and in moments of near death as a relaxant. Like going into shock after being in an accident / getting injured.

Your brain naturally produces the chemicals that many popular drugs of today mimic, or simply the drugs alter how much of said chemicals are produced or where they go to in your brain.

Please, don't get me wrong. I do not think all drugs are for all people, let alone any drugs for any people (As who am I to decide what another does or doesn't do?). There are most certainly drugs with high risk, but so are the decisions we carry out on a day to day basis. That is not to say that all drugs are absolutely meaningless, just as all of our actions are not meaningless. (Unless you want to get real philosophical =p )

Is not change, or risk, the spice of life?
Haha, touche Tim...touche . I was mainly reffering to those people who abuse the drugs. The large majority of people whom I have met that use drugs abuse them. I should have made that point clear in my last post.

Old May 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #20
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

So the moral of the story is...

Don't get caught with 18lbs (8kg) of cocaine, 157lbs (71kg) of amphetamine tablets and more than 220lbs (100kg) of cannabis.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #21
bettysmith
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Haha, touche Tim...touche . I was mainly reffering to those people who abuse the drugs. The large majority of people whom I have met that use drugs abuse them. I should have made that point clear in my last post.
I'm sorry if my post seemed long-winded or over the top, this is just a subject I'm passionate about. That said, would you mind elaborating on what you would call 'abuse'? I smoke cannabis every day, do I abuse it?

Old May 8th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #22
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Yes

Old May 8th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #23
GeorgiaHooligan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Aaron