ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:13 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoAmerica: More From Road Atlanta

Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing Enjoys Double Podium at Superbike Opener Jake Gagne and Cameron Petersen finish first and third, respectively, in MotoAmerica Superbike Race 2 at Road Atlanta MARIETTA, […]

The post MotoAmerica: More From Road Atlanta appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing Enjoys Double Podium at Superbike Opener

Jake Gagne and Cameron Petersen finish first and third, respectively, in MotoAmerica Superbike Race 2 at Road Atlanta

MARIETTA, Ga. – April 22, 2024 – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing’s Jake Gagne executed a superb race in tricky conditions to return to the top step of the podium yesterday in MotoAmerica Superbike Race 2 in Braselton, Georgia. The reigning three-time premier class champion’s 2-1 finish at the opening round at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta puts him tied at the top with 45 points on the weekend. His teammate Cameron Petersen bounced back from a tough Race 1 with a third-place finish for an emotional return to the podium in his first race weekend after months of being sidelined with injury.

In contrast to Saturday’s hot, greasy track conditions, riders were met with wet conditions on Sunday with steady rain at the 2.5-mile track in Braselton, Georgia. However, just before the start of the second Superbike race, the clouds lightened up, and the rain stopped, but the track was still pretty wet. When the lights went green, Gagne got a flying start from the second row of the grid to grab the holeshot and have a bit of a gap up front. Around the halfway mark, it was once again a three-rider fight at the front. The Colorado rider was shuffled to the runner-up spot on Lap 9, but a couple of laps later, the lead group came upon some lapped traffic, and Gagne positioned to reclaim the lead. As the track continued to dry out, the Colorado rider rode superbly in the tricky conditions. In the final laps, he kept cool under pressure and held off his title rival to take his first win of the season and his 41st career MotoAmerica Superbike victory. Gagne leaves the opening round tied at the top with 45 points.

After a tough race on Saturday, Petersen was looking to rebound and put his Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing R1 in the winner’s circle at Road Atlanta. Not comfortable in the tricky conditions, the South African didn’t get the start he was looking for and was seventh after the first lap. A few laps into the race, he started to find his comfort zone and made his way into the top five and then to fourth a couple of laps after the halfway mark. With four laps to go, Petersen advanced to the final podium spot after a rider ahead crashed. He continued to ride a smart race in the tricky, mixed conditions to give the team a double podium with his third-place finish.

The Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing team returns to action next month for a MotoAmerica Superbike Tripleheader at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, Alabama, on May 17- 19.

Richard Stanboli – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing Team Manager

“Jake earned that one 100%. It puts us pretty even now in the championship going into a track we really like – Barber. For Cameron, it was his first race back where he’s been competitive, so I think it was good for him too, especially after being off the bike so long. So I think it was mission accomplished for us to leave here without a points deficit on a track where guys with horsepower can do well because of that back straight away. We’re pretty happy with this result.”

Jake Gagne (1). Photo by Brian J. Nelson, courtesy Yamaha.

Jake Gagne – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing #1

“At the first round, the priority is always not do anything stupid – get some podiums, get some points, and we did that. The Yamaha was perfect. It was really tricky conditions out there. It was pretty wet, but the track started drying really quickly. These conditions have been tricky for me in the past, but the bike was really working great. It came down to the last lap, which I figured it would. I just kept the door closed and luckily held off Cam (Beaubier); I didn’t want the same thing happening as yesterday. It’s a great way to start the season, and now we are rolling into Barber for a tripleheader at a track that’s always good to us. It’s just nice to get the year started after testing and the off-season; it’s good to get into the swing of it.”

Cameron Petersen (45). Photo by Brian J. Nelson, courtesy Yamaha.

Cameron Petersen – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing #45

“It feels good to get this podium. It’s been a rough nine months. A few weeks ago, I didn’t even know if I was going to be able to do this. So to bounce back after the day I had yesterday and get back on the podium – it just feels so good. I’m very thankful to Yamaha and everyone in my corner who trusted in me, trusted in the process, and never gave up on me. Here we are back on the podium. I’m just looking forward to the rest of the season. I think we’re up to the challenge, and I’m ready to do it in the dry.”

About Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (YMUS), is a recognized leader in the outdoor recreation industry. The company’s ever-expanding product offerings include Motorcycles and Scooters, ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles, Snowmobiles, WaveRunner Personal Watercraft, Boats, Outboard Motors, Outdoor Power Equipment, Power Assist Bicycles, Golf Cars, Power Assist Wheelchair Systems, Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and Robotic Machines, Unmanned Helicopters, Accessories, Apparel, Yamalube products, and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of distributors and dealers in the United States.

YMUS has a corporate office in California, three corporate offices in Georgia, facilities in Wisconsin and Alabama, and factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. Additional U.S.-based subsidiaries include Yamaha Marine Systems Company (YMSC) with divisions Bennett Marine (Florida), Kracor Systems (Wisconsin) and Siren Marine, Inc. (Rhode Island), Skeeter Boats (Texas), with division G3 Boats (Missouri), and Yamaha Precision Propeller (Indiana).

Yamaha Motor Finance Corporation, U.S.A. (Yamaha Financial Services), an affiliate of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., offering financing solutions to support Yamaha Dealers and loyal Yamaha customers nationwide. Yamaha Financial Services provides retail and commercial financing for the diverse line of Yamaha brand motor products based out of Cypress, CA and Marietta, GA.

More, from a press release issued by Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering:

Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering rider Gus Rodio scores two podiums, increases championship lead at MotoAmerica Twins Cup round at Road Atlanta

Twins Cup rookie Di Mario scores second podium in four races at April 19-21 event

BRASELTON, Ga. – It was another positive step for Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering rider Gus Rodio toward claiming his first MotoAmerica Twins Cup title Saturday and Sunday at Road Atlanta. The 2023 Twins Cup runner-up’s hard-earned second- and third-place finishes in the weekend’s two Twins Cup races allowed him to grow his advantage in class standings from 19 points to 22.

Rodio’s teammate – Twins Cup rookie Alessandro Di Mario – struggled a little in Sunday’s wet conditions, but his dry-weather pace was on full display as he challenged Rodio for second place in the closing stages of that race and scored his second podium finish of the year.

Neither Rodio nor Di Mario went out for the very wet Friday morning practice session but were near the top of the time sheets for Friday afternoon’s Qualifying 1. Rodio wrapped up that session third fastest – and the quickest of the Aprilia riders – while Di Mario ended up fifth-fastest. Saturday morning’s Qualifying 2 saw Rodio drop one position in the qualifying order to secure fourth place on the starting grid, and Di Mario held onto a fifth place starting spot for the round’s two Twins Cup contests.

Race 1 had an unusual start, as flickering starting lights caused the race to be quickly red-flagged and reduced from 13 laps to eight. When competition did get underway, Rodio made the most of a good launch off the line and was running right behind the race leader at the first corner. Di Mario held onto fifth place as the field navigated the tight first few corners of the Road Atlanta circuit, and both Rodio and Di Mario were part of a four-rider group that broke away from the remainder of the field at the front. Rodio led the race during Lap 2, though he slipped to third place for several laps before finishing the race in second place. Di Mario eventually worked his way up to third and even showed his teammate a wheel on the last lap. He finished in third place — just 0.107 seconds behind Rodio – to give Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering two riders on the podium.

Wet conditions were the order of the day for Sunday’s Race 2, and Rodio came back from a so-so start to clinch a hard-fought second podium finish of the weekend. Both Rodio and Di Mario slipped down the running order several positions off the start, and Rodio and Di Mario ended their first laps running in sixth and 10th, respectively. Di Mario managed to move up one place on Lap 8 and finished the race in ninth, while Rodio had moved up two positions by the end of Lap 4 and methodically closed the gap to the third-place rider in the remaining six laps. A pass at the last corner on the last lap allowed Rodio to secure his second podium finish of the weekend by a margin of just 0.214 seconds.

With Rodio’s closest championship rival scoring a win Saturday but finishing in eighth place Sunday, Rodio was able to grow his lead in the Twins Cup standings by three points. He now holds a 22-point advantage with eight races remaining this season. Di Mario’s podium Saturday limited the damage to his championship challenge, and he now sits fourth in the points standings after his first four races in the Twins Cup.

Gus Rodio (96). Photo by Sara Chappell Photos, courtesy Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering.Gus Rodio / No. 96

“I had a great Race 1. I was a little off the pace coming into the race, so I knew I had to make some changes with my riding to run at the front. I was super happy to have been fighting for the win the whole race. I knew the rain was going to be a challenge on Sunday, but I kept focused on staying smooth and consistent. Overall, it was a great weekend to work on keeping our points lead given the circumstances. I’m super excited to be heading to Barber Motorsports Park next.”

Alessandro Di Mario (27). Photo by Sara Chappell Photos, courtesy Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering.Alessandro Di Mario / No. 27

“Race 1 went pretty well. I want to thank my team and all my mechanics for the changes they made to my Aprilia RS 660 – it felt amazing during the race. It was really exciting to fight for the podium and be up there with all the fast riders in this class. I knew racing in the rain wasn’t going to be easy, but I concentrated on not making any mistakes and bringing home some points. Barber is one of my favorite tracks, so I’m really looking forward to going there next.”

Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering’s technical partners for the 2024 season include Spellcaster Productions, Luxestar VIP, Geoscape Solar, MAR Contractors, Blud Lubricants, Spiegler Performance, Woodcraft Technologies, Dymag Performance Wheels, Millennium Technologies, Sprint Filter, Dunlop, SC Project, MVR Endeavor, GRG Designs, REB Graphics, NGK Spark Plugs, EvolveGT, Bitubo Suspension and N2 Racing.

The post MotoAmerica: More From Road Atlanta appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.