ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old December 28th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #1
arnette
ninjette.org member

Name: Brent

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Pearl White/Ebony SE

Scooter-specific gear?

Anyone have experience with Corazzo or Armadillo 'scooter' specific riding gear? Just wondering about their quality/reputation. I have a leather Icon jacket that I love to death but if I ever pick up a cheap scooter I may want to change my look

http://www.corazzo.net

http://www.armadilloscooterwear.com
arnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2010, 03:59 AM   #2
johnjohn
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Honda, Buell, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha

Pretty stuff, also pretty light weight in the way of protection. Different strokes for different folks.
johnjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #3
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Haven't had experience with the armadillo stuff, but looking at it the high price and really low protection are a bad mix. Clearly a fashion thing that it is hard to get behind from a saftely standpoint.

I have had a friend with a Corazzo jacket. It actually has good protective qualities, 1000Denier and Knox armor. Looks good, too, in a way you could easily wear off the bike and blend in. Cool stuff, imho.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #4
KURT
Resident Old Guy

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): sold

We've all seen folks on scooters, tooling down the road, wearing less gear than their motorcycle brethren. 40 mph; no helmet, gloves or even long pants. Living in denial. The bike may be light weight, but the asphalt is still hard as a rock!

One reason I wanted a sportbike, rather than the Harleys and cruisers most guys my age are buying... It's un-cool, not to wear ATGATT on your crotch rocket. So I'm less tempted to go without.

(If you're 16 years old, and your parents are on the fence about getting a sportbike, point that out to them.)
KURT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #5
arnette
ninjette.org member

Name: Brent

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Pearl White/Ebony SE

Most scooter riders I see out there are about 50% to having 'good gear' habits. I'll see people with proper riding jackets but only lightweight wool trousers. Or helmets but with open-face and shields (I have a fear of smacking my chin on asphalt at 40 mph and needing serious maxillofacial reconstructive surgery).

The Corazzo jackets do look fairly decent - not sure of the armor though.
arnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #6
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

I'd still say knee armor, elbow armor, good gloves, and a decent helmet will cover most of your bases under a pair of jeans and a mildly durable jacket (like a Peacoat or something), especially for the in-town jaunts. This would be probably the best compromise between protecting yourself while still being able to get off and walk strait into the coffee shop and look right at home, if that convenience is important.

I do agree, though, that it is nice how I can look right at home on a Sportbike completely decked out in gear :P .

Old January 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #7
petiteninja
ninjette.org member

Name: LMG

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja EX250J

my armadillo jacket is a windbreaker with about 1/8" of foam in the shoulders and elbows...maybe it would protect me if i tripped while walking to my scooter. the padding floats everywhere so it really won't protect you in a crash.

check out dainese for scooter gear. highly protective and incredibly discreet with the padding.
petiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote