ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 General Discussion

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM   #481
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Chone..... that's his point. If any apology should be made it would be the troll that started the b/s.
hahah thanks mike
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:49 AM   #482
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxnbass View Post
So if I read that right, the 'Pass Light' is nothing more than a non-latching high-beam switch?
True.

Unless you hook it to a laser beam. You know... like sharks with freakin' LASER BEAMS attached to their heads....

adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:44 AM   #483
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

It's only about 6 lbs heavier. Hmm.

passion red = best color

Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM   #484
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

I don't like they way it looks. I've said the 650 seems ugly to me, and this looks too much like the 650.

Would I have liked FI? Sure, but having dealt with the issues of EFI cars, I enjoy the simplicity of carburators.

What I DO hope is that i can get that header to fit.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM   #485
ninja250r81
ninjette.org guru

Name: scott

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r se

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStalk3r View Post
400cc I4 and it will cost $10,000 AUD, might as well go buy a 600cc.
paying that already for the 650 lams kawasaki
ninja250r81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM   #486
nrninja
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX500 (road bike), '99 EX500 (race bike), '74 CB125S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250r81 View Post
paying that already for the 650 lams kawasaki
Why not a CBR250RR for LAMS? I've been drooling over them for some time now but the US never gets cool motorcycles.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:45 PM   #487
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I4 250
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM   #488
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Name: Richie

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda CRF300L Rally, 2015 Ninja ZX6R 636, 2014 Ninja 1000, 2013 Ninja 300 (sold), 2011 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post
I don't like they way it looks. I've said the 650 seems ugly to me, and this looks too much like the 650.

Would I have liked FI? Sure, but having dealt with the issues of EFI cars, I enjoy the simplicity of carburators.

How are you going to make it work on the carbereted model? You would have to plug the O2 sensor.
geeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM   #489
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker View Post
How are you going to make it work on the carbereted model? You would have to plug the O2 sensor.
Um… leave the O2 sensor screwed in?

Or… buy this amazing new product I've heard about… it's called a "bolt" and promises to revolutionize the way things are put together.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:40 PM   #490
seanshawnS
ninjette.org member

Name: SHAWN

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250r(2012PR)

I like the look, but I find the 2012 uncomfortable enough.. this sounds worse.

nice job Kawi, but I'm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post

Wouldn't FI smooth power delivery? I find the current gen awful friggen chunky, IE very on or off.
seanshawnS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM   #491
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison View Post
I propose that we start referring to them as 1G, 2G, and 3G.

1G being the formerly known pre-gens
2G being 2008-2012 models
3G being 2013 till whenever they redesign again.
I think we should call them pregens newgens and supergens
AFM #676

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM   #492
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Name: Richie

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda CRF300L Rally, 2015 Ninja ZX6R 636, 2014 Ninja 1000, 2013 Ninja 300 (sold), 2011 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Um… leave the O2 sensor screwed in?

Or… buy this amazing new product I've heard about… it's called a "bolt" and promises to revolutionize the way things are put together.
Duct tape works better.
geeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM   #493
seanshawnS
ninjette.org member

Name: SHAWN

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250r(2012PR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I think we should call them pregens newgens and supergens

I now consider this settled.
seanshawnS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:09 PM   #494
dbj9
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Click Here

http://www.kawasaki-cp.khi.co.jp/mcy...gallery_e.html

dbj9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM   #495
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanshawnS View Post
I like the look, but I find the 2012 uncomfortable enough.. this sounds worse.

nice job Kawi, but I'm good.
i like the more aggressive riding position, it helps with handling and emergency braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanshawnS View Post
Wouldn't FI smooth power delivery? I find the current gen awful friggen chunky, IE very on or off.
FI response is instantaneous, its as smooth and quick as your throttle control.
if you're choppy it will be choppy, but the secondary throttle might help smooth it some.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM   #496
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009zx6rider View Post
t
This is the original post now

I'd like to invite the OP to suck it. You may cup the balls if you wish
AFM #676

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:58 PM   #497
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

What a dipshit.

Here was his original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009zx6rider
The Ninja 250 will be no longer. The bike is going to be transformed into a 300 twin fuel injected with the option of Abs. I have no proof except that some people have ridden this bike and that In the recent Kawi release there was no mention of the 250. But for everyone who pokes fun and says I don't know what I'm talking about please return to apologize shortly.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:57 PM   #498
rceezy
Lean Me

Name: RC

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I am definitely gonna get one in the next year or so. :0)
rceezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM   #499
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
its a flash to pass button. When you pass, in some countries you're required to flash your brights first to notify the cager ahead of you. It requires you to flick the hi beam switch up and down. That's a momentary on trigger that flashes the bright but doesn't leave it on when you release it, making it perfect for flashing a few times quickly. Most new cars have this feature on whichever stalk controls the brights. One way clicks and keeps thw brights on. The other way (usually towards you because it's easier) will flash them for as long as you hold the stalk, then turn the brights off as soon as you release it, allowing you to flash them quick.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes. I knew that already. I was just saying that I think it already had that in some markets so it may not heve it here.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:44 PM   #500
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

From what I see:
- lowering the compression ratio from 11.6 : 1 down to 11.3 : 1, maybe because the gasoline is getting more bad from year to year (E10 and so on)
- also lowering the output of power from 33 PS to 32 PS, reason see before
- but raising the weight?!?
that in sum means that the 2008 to 2012 is the more powerful bike!
- the instrument cluster is looking the same like the CBR250R, what for me means it looks ugly (the tachometer has to be 360 degree!!!).
- the rims look - grrrrrrhhh
- who REALLY needs ABS?
But I like the look of the headlights and also from the single seat cowl (and that's all I like).

But like everytime here the new bike is no step forward, it's a step backward.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:08 PM   #501
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
From what I see:
- lowering the compression ratio from 11.6 : 1 down to 11.3 : 1, maybe because the gasoline is getting more bad from year to year (E10 and so on)
- also lowering the output of power from 33 PS to 32 PS, reason see before
- but raising the weight?!?
that in sum means that the 2008 to 2012 is the more powerful bike!
So was the pregen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
- the instrument cluster is looking the same like the CBR250R, what for me means it looks ugly (the tachometer has to be 360 degree!!!).
- the rims look - grrrrrrhhh
- who REALLY needs ABS?
I do!
AFM #676

Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:07 PM   #502
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

You're probably not going to get FI in your ninja unless you live in one of the markets that already has the FI option.
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:22 PM   #503
ranma3030
ninjette.org member

Name: Deejay

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeytofu View Post
You're probably not going to get FI in your ninja unless you live in one of the markets that already has the FI option.
You may be right but I have my money on FI being available In the US and more importantly for me in OZ. Touch wood tho.
ranma3030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:48 PM   #504
ninja250r81
ninjette.org guru

Name: scott

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r se

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrninja View Post
Why not a CBR250RR for LAMS? I've been drooling over them for some time now but the US never gets cool motorcycles.
still paying $4500aud plus for a 1989 model cbr with 30000kms with 1999 complied in aussie.

no thanks
ninja250r81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #505
silentIm
ninjette.org member

Name: Firman

Motorcycle(s): 2011 red ninja 250r

Translated from TMCBlog riding impression http://tmcblog.com/2012/08/04/first-...ninja-250r-fi/

First Ride Impression 2013 Ninja 250 FI by Taufik TMCBlog

Dear brothers, that late Monday finally tmcblog received confirmation from Kawasaki Motor Indonesia to come and take pictures at media test ride event for the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250. Initially Tmcblog thought it was only for picture session, gladly there was more.. 30 minutes before Tmcblog leaving home, KMI told to allow Tmcblog test ride the new Thai made CBU bike, priced IDR 49.9 millions OTR Jakarta in Sentul international circuit. In no time Tmcblog prepared AHRS wearpack, Spidi back protector, Nolan helmet, tele focused camera, 7Gears boots and glove.. all packed into Spidi riders bag, and put them into the maroon Verna 2001 baggage. A brief doubt came to mind.. Would I fit enough to ride all out in circuit in hot dry day while on fasting?(tmcblog is muslim) Bismillah, Man Jadda wa jada.

Travel to Sentul Circuit took me for 15 minutes from TMCBlog NewsRoom. At arrival in the parking lot the test ride session had been began.. okay, I was late.. fortunately it was for dealer representatives under KMI, while journalists and media would be done in main circuit. This is it.. but.. session was only to be started in the middle of hot day.. sigh..

Time to enter the circuit had arrived, TMCBlog entrusted the camera to a journalist colleague from Otomotif, Alhamdulillah bro.. thanks for Otomotif. Wearing my track gears, tmcblog mistakenly thought they might be too tight,.. hmm.. might because of the fasting hehehe.. Okay, tmcblog took the green Ninja 250. Bro A'an from Otomotif entered the circuit first with his own Ninjette.. After checking all the riding gears, plugging the key, turning it right.. all indicators in the dashboard was on, and a 'ngeeng' sound of fuel injection pump greeted.

Okay.. learning the dashboard for a minute, there was speedometer, trip meter, fuel meter, other indicators, and... hmmm ECO riding symbol.. just like ER6N.. front beam was automatically on, because this bike has adopted Automatic Headlight On (mandatory feature by law in Indo), so there was no beam button on the right handle. Push the start button.. and here it came the unique exhaust tone of the 2 cylinders bike.. . The tone was not far off of the previous gen..

Entering the circuit... pushing the transmission pedal into first gear is a bit rough as the bike uses asyncronous transmission. tmcblog used the first lap to adapt to riding position and also the new re-asphalted circuit.. and there were a bit bumpy area on R3 and R4 that should be watched..

The riding position or ergonomics of the new ninjette is not vastly different from the previous one, mainly because there is no significant change to handlebar and footpegs. Take a look at above picture, there is noticeable longer wheelbase of 1 cm.. (10 mm, 0.4").. How about legs? well, tmcblog had to tiptoe (for guys shorter than 170 cm, 6.7").. The new impression came from the revised fuel tank design that was look bigger, easier to tuck and leaning onto it during straight run.. The standard windshield was doing a well job protecting from wind.. though the wind bubble was felt a bit lower.. may be because of the bigger tank.. CMIIW

The second lap was used to get a feel the nimbleness of the handling and the cornering in small S curve and the big one.. Wow, this ninjette is light.. the bike follows whenever Tmcblog changes direction to. And because of greater confidence, tmcblog admit could be faster in these 2 apexes compared to using bigger bikes.. the way it corners might suit tmcblog's body weight..

The third lap was used to try the acceleration.. and Kawasaki revised cylinders, pistons, intake manifold with dual butterfly valves were doing nice job.. The bike is very linear.. acceleration is mean (for 250) but smooth/linear.. So for new learners upgrading from 150 cc or scooter users won't be intimidated with the acceleration.. just don't too harsh with the throttle twist.. Overall if it was asked how mean is the acceleration compared to carbed one, the carb one might give rusher response, but in high RPM this FI Ninja wins hands down. For common riders sure will love the linear responded engine compared to impulsive one.

First 3 laps TmcBlog tried to get the topspeed of each gear on straight.. From the south end to the north end.. The speed started from about 20 km/h at first gear.. Wide open until redline and got:

1st gear up to 45 km/h
2nd gear up to 75 km/h
3rd gear up to 90 km/h
4rd gear up to 120 km/h
5th gear up to 150 km/h

all speed and RPM on speedometer indicated

6th gear was not reached yet due to straight track has ended and I must slow down to enter corner R1.. Why still 200 m left and already braking? The brakes are still standard broo.. and the brake pads were still breaking in.. it hadn't perform maximally.. if I forcefully WOT I may enter gravel instead.. Entering the pit, I asked to bro A'an how to reach top speed with the limited straight. He explained during rolling speed in the last corner, try to achieve exit velocity at least 100 km/h, keep the RPM at 7000 - 8500 RPM where the power is kicking.. .So I need to drag my knees then? Ok, second try.. reenter the circuit and in the 4th lap on sixth gear tmcblog recorded 156 km/h. But still losing to bro A'an who was able to achieve 161 km/h. How much is the actual top speed? I dont know.. needs longer straight for sure..

In the final laps I felt exhausted, several times taking wrong corner lines in the small S curve. TmcBlog has to give up. I was afraid to over dehydrate because of my fasting. So I just stop and enter the pit, finishing about 8 laps in total.
It's satisfying experience to ride the little ninja to its upper limit in each gear. Soon I unwear my gears, and there was still time to join day prayer in Sentul great mosque although a bit late.. Okay that's all, enjoy.. may it be useful.

taufik of BuitenZorg

new 2013 Ninja 250 specification

Engine type : 4 stroke, liquid cooled, parallel twin
Cylinder size : 249 cm3
Bore x Stroke : 62.0 x 41.2 mm
Compression ratio : 11.3 : 1
Max power : 23.5 kW (32 PS) / 11.000 rpm
Max torque : 21.0 Nm {2.1 kgf m} /10.000 rpm
Starter system : Electric Starter
Valve sytem : DOHC, 8 valves
Ignition : Digital
Fuel system : Fuel Injection System ( 28 mm x 2 ) with dual butterfly valve
Transmission : 6-speed, return shift
Frame: tube diamond, steel
Front suspension: 37 mm telescopic fork
Rear suspension: Uni-Trak with 5 preload
Front tyre: 110/70-17 M/C (54S)
Rear tyre: 140/70-17 M/C (66S)
Front brake: Single disc 290 mm diameter with dual-piston caliper
Rear brake: Single disc 220 mm diameter with dual-piston caliper
Length x width x height : 2.010 x 715 x 1.110 mm
Wheel axis length : 1.400 mm
Ground clearance : 785 mm
Fuel capacity : 17 litres
Max weight : 172 kg / 174 kg ( ABS model)

Last futzed with by silentIm; August 4th, 2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Grammar fix
silentIm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #506
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Oh god that's hard to read
AFM #676

Old August 4th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #507
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Thanks for the write-up @silentIm. It's a shame the rider wasn't comparing the 2013 FI ninjette with a 2008+ FI ninjette.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #508
silentIm
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Thanks for the write-up @silentIm. It's a shame the rider wasn't comparing the 2013 FI ninjette with a 2008+ FI ninjette.
You're welcome @akima. There is no FI 2008 ninja in Indo except grey market.

Old August 4th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #509
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

Name: Taufik

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki ER6N

Thank You Very much- Terima kasih- @silentIm . . . I will post your hard work at the blog in order to apreciate you and to spread the info

tmcblog.com
taufik-tmcblog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #510
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Thanks for the review... Really looking forward for the India launch of this bike... Glad we have FI, so not worried about that.

Old August 4th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #511
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Sounds like you had a blast. I bet you'll enjoy it even more once Ramadan is over and you can push that bike all day long

Old August 4th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #512
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

I mean, while you're at it a zx10 isn't that much more expensive. Might as well get that if you're going to make the jump to a 650. Hell, just go for a used zx-14 around 10 grand and be done with it

Old August 4th, 2012, 03:13 AM   #513
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250r81 View Post
in aussie it will be put up against the honda cb400.

cb400 has 52hp at 9000rpm, and 38Nm of torque at 9500rpm at 177kg.

with an average city / urban 4.8l per 100kms

KAWASAKI go 400cc inline 4 or GO HOME
yes please! a cbr400rr would be right up my ally! and bring them to the US while you're at it. The 600ish beginner bikes don't intrigue me, and I also don't really want/need the power of a 600 supersport. a 400 supersport with decent power, high revs, and light weight, would be exactly what I want. People in the US are FINALLY starting to come around to realize that bigger isn't always better. Just look at the offerings in cars/trucks now. Everyone is opting for smaller (turbocharged) engines that can still get great fuel economy when they're limped around. The motorcycle crowd will be soon to follow. someone get ahead of the curve, for my sake!
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #514
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
What is return shift?

Old August 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #515
silentIm
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
What is return shift?
The ninjette.. And all motorcycles I know has return shift type transmission. This is just a way saying the transmission lever back to its place after shifting. Unlike car, the transmission lever must stay in position to engage with the intended gear.

Old August 4th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #516
str8t six
never enough

Name: josh

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by taufik-tmcblog View Post
the white one

DO WANT!!

custom graphics, zero gravity DB
str8t six is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #517
oreX
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2013 636 - ABS

I'm really loving the new gauges. I wonder if it will be possible to retrofit the new gauge to the 08-12 model.
oreX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #518
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreX View Post
I'm really loving the new gauges. I wonder if it will be possible to retrofit the new gauge to the 08-12 model.
Why not KOSO?
AFM #676

Old August 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #519
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Why not KOSO?
probably cheaper, if you get it from a wrecked bike.

i still think the koso rx-2 looks better, set up with an additional guage.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #520
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I'd imagine it will be difficult to retro fit the new guages to the old ones
AFM #676