ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 1st, 2011, 04:27 PM   #1
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Name: Kayla

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Extreme Couponing

So there's a new fad of getting lots of stuff for really cheap by strategically using coupons. I haven't seen the show on TLC, but I have read some articles online about it.

Here are some tips on it: http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/extr...-resources.htm

Personally, I use coupons as much as I can, but mostly I just watch the store ads and buy what's on sale. I also take advantage of Copp's Double Days where they double manufacturer's coupons that are less than $1 in value, but that's the extent of my involvement. I want to get better at this though cz it seems intriguing and I'm always looking for ways to save money (so I have more $ for my ninja of course )

Do any of you try to "extreme coupon?" If so, do you have any tips for the noobs?

*In paradise there ain't no clocks...*
DBentley415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 08:58 PM   #2
Johnnyscoots
Over 40 Ninjette Owner

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki VN900C (Black), 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Red/Two Bros. Slip on, 41 Tooth Rear Sprocket)

As a wee lad I used to watch my mom furiously chopping away at the Sunday paper, then accompany her to the grocery. It was quite fun watching the coupons suck the life out of the grand total!

Sadly, those lessons didn't really stick because stores offer the "Clipless Coupons" which aren't really coupons...so I rarely cut coupons...should start back up again!

Johnny

Old August 1st, 2011, 10:08 PM   #3
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Ive been wanting to try it. I've seen and heard all about it and I think it's crazy, so on my bucket list there is a spot for one trip of extreme couponing. Other than that I don't think I could remain dedicated or focused enough to pull it off consistantly.

I've even thought about doing it for a fundraiser to help stock our post food closet. Could be a cool adventure.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:12 AM   #4
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Last time I did this I bought an entire cart full of stuff I use for $31.
The dude behind me in line stood and watched in AWE. He took pics with his phone. lol
Then he asked me to call his wife and tell her how its done.

Stores that offer double cupons are the key.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM   #5
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
Stores that offer double coupons are the key.
Yeah I have read a few articles about how stores are "cracking down" on it. Around here only Copps doubles coupons and they have a bunch of regulations on it:
1) You can only do it on Wednesdays and Saturdays
2) The coupons can't be for more than $1
3) You can only do it with a max of 5 coupons
4) Your bill has to total over $25 for the coupons to be doubled.

So basically extreme couponing is not possible in many places now that stores have caught on, but either way it doesn't stop me from trying to maximize my discount

Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:42 PM   #6
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

In New York I can't think of a supermarket that didn't double coupons. Here all we have is safeway and apparently they don't

I just stick to trader joes for almost everything now. Some things I get at whole foods and even less from safeway.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:06 PM   #7
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
I just stick to trader joes for almost everything now.
I go to Trader Joes every now and then. I LOVE their honey greek yogurt and fresh pasta like spinach tortellini!!!

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM   #8
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchesney415 View Post
I go to Trader Joes every now and then. I LOVE their honey greek yogurt and fresh pasta like spinach tortellini!!!
Awesome! I just got it and haven't tried it yet. I've been eating the Fage brand, but trader joes are slightly bigger and cheaper.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:25 PM   #9
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Awesome! I just got it and haven't tried it yet. I've been eating the Fage brand, but trader joes are slightly bigger and cheaper.
I have like 7 Athenos Honey Yogurts in my fridge rite now cz I love them so much and they were on sale for $1 which is cheaper than the Trader Joes ones. I've never heard of the Fage brand.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM   #10
adri99an

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Quote:
Last time I did this I bought an entire cart full of stuff I use for $31.
The dude behind me in line stood and watched in AWE. He took pics with his phone. lol
Then he asked me to call his wife and tell her how its done.

Stores that offer double cupons are the key.
My wife is awesome at couponing. You should see the stuff she gets for pennies or free! Our stockpile is pretty nice right now.
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:33 PM   #11
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri99an View Post
My wife is awesome at couponing. You should see the stuff she gets for pennies or free! Our stockpile is pretty nice right now.
I'm jealous! What are her tricks?

Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:00 PM   #12
adri99an

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchesney415 View Post
I'm jealous! What are her tricks?
Go to hotcoupon world, couponmom or coupon dad. Here you will find the deals that are going on for the week. There are people blogging about deals you wont see in the paper. The internet has made couponing easy because people are finding all the deals. You need multiple sunday ads for the coupons. Theres a vid on coupon mom that shows you how to organize your inserts.......as you can see its an art and a science. My wife says to make friends with your local paperboy and get multiple inserts or coupons....this is key .....or grab inserts people leave behind at starbucks.....or restaurants and so forth. My wife says start small and get a feel for it. Of course you should have all loyalty cards to the supermarkets. I give her twenty bucks and she comes back with lots of stuff....start with those websites i listed. Having an arsenol of coupons is key....its free money.
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:50 PM   #13
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Go to hotcoupon world, couponmom or coupon dad. Here you will find the deals that are going on for the week. There are people blogging about deals you wont see in the paper. The internet has made couponing easy because people are finding all the deals. You need multiple sunday ads for the coupons. Theres a vid on coupon mom that shows you how to organize your inserts.......as you can see its an art and a science. My wife says to make friends with your local paperboy and get multiple inserts or coupons....this is key .....or grab inserts people leave behind at starbucks.....or restaurants and so forth. My wife says start small and get a feel for it. Of course you should have all loyalty cards to the supermarkets. I give her twenty bucks and she comes back with lots of stuff....start with those websites i listed. Having an arsenol of coupons is key....its free money.
I used those sites lol and the Kroger website for digital coupons. My X works at the paper and grabs me a stack of extra sunday coupons every monday moring. They havent done double coupons in a while.........think they are catching on
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM   #14
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Quote:
I used those sites lol and the Kroger website for digital coupons. My X works at the paper and grabs me a stack of extra sunday coupons every monday moring. They havent done double coupons in a while.........think they are catching on
Thanks guys!!! I don't get the newspaper or any coupons sent to my apartment so I guess I'm gunna have to start going out and buying it on Sundays. I wish I could find somewhere where people often leave them behind, but I guess I don't read the newspaper so I don't notice what coffee shops and other places have them out to read.