ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 8th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

Why Revzilla

Last fall, I got in on a Black Friday deal on a Dainese Cage Leather jacket. On a side note, I highly recommend it; the "3d bubble liner" actually works to trap heat in the cold and let air flow in the hot. (edit: by 'cold' I mean 10F, and so far 'hot' this year has meant up to 90F.)

Due to popularity, mine had to come from Italy first, so I got it mid-December. Fit great, looked great, so I wore it on Friday to work. On Monday the right pseudo-perforated panel, and only the right, and only that panel, relaxed and wrinkled inexplicably (no rain, snow, plagues of toads, or whatever). Not a functional issue but WTF? Dainese is supposed to be one of the top brands, and their stuff does this?

Since I'd already ridden it, removed tags, etc. I only fumed about it. However, by May I decided to call Revzilla and see if they could maybe suggest something, refer me to a shop, something.

Instead, they opened up a warranty ticket. We exchanged emails. I sent photos. They corresponded with Dainese.

Short version: they convinced Dainese it was a valid warranty claim, I sent the jacket in, and a short (remember the jacket had to head back to Italy) while later Revzilla sent me a new jacket.

Can't recommend them enough. It would be easy to stand on policy and do nothing; they went above and beyond.

Last futzed with by Numbersix; August 8th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Jaife86
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Blue Ninja 250

Good to know. One of the snaps on my Icon Jacket, worn maybe 5 times pulled through the fabric. Was going to look into fixing it locally but if they are that helpful I might have to check it out.
Jaife86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Revzilla also pays a very fair amount for other sites sending them customers via links, so I'm a big fan. If you go to that site via a link here and purchase something, you're indirectly supporting ninjette.org.

(link in my sig for that mega-thread with links to most large online motorcycle shops)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #4
GHill762
ninjette.org member

Name: Garrett

Motorcycle(s): ZX-3R (ok, ex300)

revzilla took back my gloves that came apart after ~2-2.5 months, their policy clearly states that after 1 month, you are to deal with the manufacturer and they won't take it back (I think it says they'll help you get in touch with the manufacturer)..

I have ordered quite a few things from them, never have I been disappointed..

I also can't recommend them enough. they have A++ customer service, very fast shipping/order packing, friendly staff, etc..

definitely a ZLA fan here..
GHill762 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #5
bfpower
ninjette.org mafioso

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

They claim they want to be the Zappos of MC gear. I'm a big fan. Their CS department did me some favors to make sure I got free return/exchange shipping and every one of their people I've talked to acts like they really care about the customer and about the company.
bfpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #6
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

I've heard nothing but praise concerning their customer service and since motorcycle_superstore has done away with their coupons, I plan on making it my new go-to site to shop.
Daks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #7
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Revzilla also pays a very fair amount for other sites sending them customers via links, so I'm a big fan. If you go to that site via a link here and purchase something, you're indirectly supporting ninjette.org.

(link in my sig for that mega-thread with links to most large online motorcycle shops)

That's good to hear, Alex! I have had nothing but very positive experiences with them as well!

Old August 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #8
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): CB500F

Revzilla rocks! I'll have to remember to to log in there via the Ninjette link so this site gets support, too.

Last night (Monday) I got an email from Revzilla offering free shipping, and giving notice of a sale. Since I just started back riding last month I've busted my budget and didn't have enough dough left for good pants. So I look - Revzilla has pants I like, in my size (!), on deep discount, so I ordered. I just got (Tuesday) an email from them that the pants have shipped, and when I check it UPS says they'll be here tomorrow! How the hell do you beat all that?

Oh, and my Ogio side bags had a buckle installed backwards; no fault of Revzilla's, the plastic bag was sealed probably when they got it. Sent it back and had new bags with the buckles installed correctly and all inside of a calendar week. I'd ordered long socks to wear with my new A* Scouts, and when they didn't have what I ordered they called me after their store hours to recommend another they had. It was an upsell, but Mario said "well, if you don't think they're worth the difference just send them back free". They were.

The only way they could get better is if they just figured out what I needed and gave it to me along with a little gas money. Maybe send a hot naked redhead to help me get dressed in it, I don't know, I'm spitballing here ... but if the majority of companies took this approach to their business they'd make more money and the whole country would go around with a grin on it's collective face.
Thorgrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #9
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
The only way they could get better is if they just figured out what I needed and gave it to me along with a little gas money. Maybe send a hot naked redhead to help me get dressed in it, I don't know, I'm spitballing here ... but if the majority of companies took this approach to their business they'd make more money and the whole country would go around with a grin on it's collective face.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old August 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #10
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Motorcycle(s): CB500F

Hah! Yeah, pretty much. I'm afraid that I've fried my nest egg and thrown the shell in the compost, so I'll have to chill my Revzilla habit for a while. However, you can't ride ATGATT if you don't have ATG, so I've stretched myself a bit.
Thorgrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #11
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

That's awesome to hear. I really like Rezilla's reviews. He's (forget the guy's name who does the reviews) very thorough in his presentation.

I WAS a huge Dainese fan but their off the rack products are nothing like the gear their sponsor athletes wear. In fact, they're really poorly stitched.

Custom suits is the way to go if you're looking for a suit. However, if you're looking for jackets and what not Dainese and a few other brands (i.e. Alpinestars) is the way to go.

Old August 15th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #12
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I WAS a huge Dainese fan but their off the rack products are nothing like the gear their sponsor athletes wear. In fact, they're really poorly stitched.

Custom suits is the way to go if you're looking for a suit. However, if you're looking for jackets and what not Dainese and a few other brands (i.e. Alpinestars) is the way to go.
I'm a little perplexed by this comment. You say Dainese is poorly stitched, praise custom suits, but also say Dainese or A* is the way to go for jackets.

Are you writing to say that their off-the-shelf one-piece suits don't do well for you?
Numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #13
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
I'm a little perplexed by this comment. You say Dainese is poorly stitched, praise custom suits, but also say Dainese or A* is the way to go for jackets.

Are you writing to say that their off-the-shelf one-piece suits don't do well for you?
Sorry...let me reword it. Since there aren't any custom shops that make custom street jackets/pants (that I know of off the top of my head), if I had to pick a brand name jacket I'd pick Dainese over companies like Speed & Strength (which are made by Joe Rocket I believe <--bad jackets), Frank Thomas, Bilt, etc. But understand there are other brands out there that are constructed better than Dainese. Dainese just has a lot of money and does well at promoting their stuff.

However, if you're looking to buy a suit buy custom over off the rack. The benefits of custom suits far outweigh those offered on the rack. For example, you design (to an extent) & pick the colors you desire. It's tailored to your exact body. It's cheaper than the high end off the rack models. It's constructed far better than the off the rack suits in respect to protection (i.e. custom suits are double to triple stitched unlike off the rack suits which are often single to double stitched from inside out exposing the seams). Custom suits use extra layers of leather in certain areas into the suits-- Pilot-USA does this...don't know about others (NJK, Helimot, Ballistik, etc.).

That's all.

Peace!

Old August 16th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #14
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:

Whaaaat?? I had no idea that was the case. I've been buying crap like a mother****er off motorcycle-superstore. Which is another grrreat store.

But from now on, I'll go off here to Revzilla
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

www.motorcycle-superstore.com is a-ok as well. Almost any large e-tailer pays a bit.

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #16
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
www.motorcycle-superstore.com is a-ok as well. Almost any large e-tailer pays a bit.
Guess I should've actually looked at the link in your sig before I said that
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #17
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Sorry...let me reword it. Since there aren't any custom shops that make custom street jackets/pants (that I know of off the top of my head), if I had to pick a brand name jacket I'd pick Dainese over companies like Speed & Strength (which are made by Joe Rocket I believe <--bad jackets), Frank Thomas, Bilt, etc. But understand there are other brands out there that are constructed better than Dainese. Dainese just has a lot of money and does well at promoting their stuff.

However, if you're looking to buy a suit buy custom over off the rack. The benefits of custom suits far outweigh those offered on the rack. For example, you design (to an extent) & pick the colors you desire. It's tailored to your exact body. It's cheaper than the high end off the rack models. It's constructed far better than the off the rack suits in respect to protection (i.e. custom suits are double to triple stitched unlike off the rack suits which are often single to double stitched from inside out exposing the seams). Custom suits use extra layers of leather in certain areas into the suits-- Pilot-USA does this...don't know about others (NJK, Helimot, Ballistik, etc.).

That's all.

Peace!
Out here in the Bay Area we have Helimot and Johnson's Leather for customs. For suits and gloves, everyone swears on Helimot. Johnson's definitely does jackets and pants.
I plan on taking advantage of that and getting a custom jacket and gloves. It's a shame there aren't more craftspeople in other states.
Daks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #18
LT505
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

www.Revzilla.com, www.Motorcycle-superstore.com, and www.motorcyclegear.com have all been amazing for me so far. All have super fast shipping, great deals, and great customer service.

I live in PA and Revzilla pays for the PA sales tax which is awesome.
LT505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #19
DreamN
Beer Me!

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 Car(s): '09 Cube, '93 240SX (Coupe & 'Vert)

Huge fan of RevZilla. They have great customer support as most know already and typically better deals on things. Though if they don't they'll easily price match.
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote