ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old January 26th, 2015, 07:40 PM   #1
rodster
ninjette.org member

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): GPZ500s

GPZ 500s useing ninja 250 parts

Hello,
i own a 2002 twin disc gpz 500, The stock and the dis-continued v rossi rims for the ninja 250 fit onto the rear of the gpz with no modifications and the front only requires the 250 speedo drive and spacers i am looking to change my wheels as the stockers are ugly and outdated and the ninja 250 ones and especially the 300 look amazing

The issue for me however is the fact mine is the twin disc variant of this model.
I know ( through amazing amounts of research ) that neither the ninja 250 or 300 came with the twin disc front end.
the bike up that has the same design wheel as the ninja 250/300 is the zx6r e.g.2012,
This would alter my tyre size from 110/70/17 to 120/70/17 but it will fit without moving the fender, the downside to the zxr6 wheel is that it does not have a speedo drive, this means my stock speedo is redundant as it is mechanical.

i have found a company called chemco which for some reason do a twin disc rim for the ninja 250 (i think it has the 300 design)http://intijayamotor.com/?product=ch...isc-dpn-300450

if this was a reputable uk or us company i would happily try them out but i cannot find information on the company or anything, i could just use one brake calliper but its about the anesthetics on this bike. i was wondering does anyone have any experience with chemco,
are there any reputable places to buy.

i would preffer to have a genuine kawasaki rim but i would preferably like a 140 or ( if possable ) 150/70/17 rear rim from the ninja 250 or the 300 and a 120/70/17 twin disc for the front wheel e.g. chemco,

if i cannot find one i will have to remove my dash and have a digital one like the one seen at the bottom of this tutorial http://brandejs.ca/details.php?view=ninja_500

thanks guys and sorry if it doesn't make sense
rodster is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old January 27th, 2015, 03:13 AM   #2
rodster
ninjette.org member

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): GPZ500s

i have recived some feedback on the Vrossi rims and i was shown this post http://smartf41z.com/2012/07/28/berb...s-salah-pilih/ Thanks Somchai

so i think the way to go is a zx6r front wheel (dependant upon axel size) with an acewell 3100 dash mounted in my current dash. and using an oversized ninja 250 rear rim to increase the tyre width a little.

i will need to get a bracket fabricated as i currently have cbr600rr nissin callipers but if i am haveing a kawasaki zx6r front wheel i may aswell get the brakes.

obviously the zx6r front end would be amazing but i wouldn't even know where to start haha....... anyone

This project will take me a few months to save and get as it takes me ages to save

im very thankfull for any further imput
rodster is offline   Reply With Quote