ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old October 9th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Name: Rigo

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

installed my vr exhaust!!!

woo..im freakin stoked man!.
FINALLY got my vr exhaust which sounds sexy as hell!

i also rejetted it..and it running perty good....only things is it gets a very tiny bit flat between 7-8k rpms...so idk...

will taken off the snorkel affect the current jetting system?
Plasma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #2
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

It will let in more air. So you will most likely need to richen it. Is it overly loud? How about clearances around fairing?
Posted via Mobile Device
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #3
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Rigo that flat spot is common in the 250's. Its hard to get rid of but you can make it less noticeable. Which map are you running?

Old October 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #4
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
Rigo that flat spot is common in the 250's. Its hard to get rid of but you can make it less noticeable. Which map are you running?
lol havent installed the igniton yet..i might do that tomorrow... didnt trust the guys at the shop since they had never seen one..hahah....i hope i can feel a definite pick up..

funny story though after all of our jetkit debates..they ended up using...a 95 main jet or something like that..the guys over at factory pro were right!!...smaller may be better..lol

i definitely recommend those guys they are a frkn wealth of info..

i sure hope the brt tis wont mess with the jetting..the guys at the shop siad it shldnt..i can only pray!....

Old October 9th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
It will let in more air. So you will most likely need to richen it. Is it overly loud? How about clearances around fairing?
Posted via Mobile Device
clearance is excellent! and noise..well ima young gun so noise isnt really bad for me..but my 43 year old dad liked it too!!! ...damn!...so looks like pulling the snorkel is a no go?

Old October 9th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #6
kkim

jetting should be the last thing you do.

get the bike in the configuration you want first (intake, exhaust, ignition) and then jet the bike... unless you like doing the jetting multiple times. Every time you change a performance related piece of hardware, you're going to need to fine tune jetting.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #7
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

It shouldn't mess with the tis. I don't know what FP uses for a needle in their kit which is generally what dictates the main jets size. For your tis the flat spot should be less noticeable. look on the white sheet that came with it and for map one where you see the 39 in I think the 9000 spot bump it up one degree and should help even more.

Old October 9th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #8
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Also some pics would be nice

Old October 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #9
kkim

Quote:
I don't know what FP uses for a needle in their kit which is generally what dictates the main jets size.
that's not true. main jet sizes are dictated with the needles almost completely out of the picture.

in a previous thread, didn't you say the TIS required richer jetting and that was the reason you guys were recommending horrendously rich main jets? ... and now you're saying it shouldn't mess with his jetting? which way is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
The kit will only go to 100. with the BRT you will be able to run richer jets than you would otherwise. with the stock air box you should not need anything richer than 110-or112 .

Old October 9th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #10
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

With the tis it it run fine with his current setup but going to the limits of the tis would need a bigger jet is what I have been told. I am not a jetting expert nor to I claim to be one and kelly you are right. Racer X will say one thing, Bram another, and Marc from FP another. I have a head ache because of it.

Old October 10th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #11
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

I was just reading GAMMA500's post and his touched the fairing a bit.
I wonder if the pipes vary, the fairing varies, or just positioning the exhaust then tightening?
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #12
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

I don't understand why his vr6 (the other model) was touching. All headers vary very slightly but are within spec. I haven't had anyone else report back with fairing touching. Its close but all headers for aftermarket are pretty close

Old October 10th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #13
Plasma
ninjette.org member

yo ztrack can u please send me some english instructions through message to give me an idea of how to install the brt tis?..
thanks man ....

Old October 10th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #14
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Go to my website. There's a quick intro to it on there. if your still confused then give me a call.

Old October 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #15
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Go to my website. There's a quick intro to it on there. if your still confused then give me a call.
well i already took the bike apart!...
and i have the module connected...
i kinda just need to know how to program it..and where....
you know? like what u recommend.

Old October 10th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #16
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

If are you looping it or using the switch. With the control unit plugged in turn your key to the on position. lt-01 should show on the controller. Press enter. 01 should show. Now scroll to the spot on the white sheet reads 39 should be spot 16. get to 16 and hit edit you'll see 2 lines one saying 39.0 the other saying 9500. Place the 39 to 40 then hit enter. Then scroll to the 21st spot (12000rpm) and do the same moving it from 40 to 41. Then make sure everything matches up to 16000rpm (yes I know the bike won't rev that high). After you go past the 30th spot it will save. Then press menu until you hit Limit and then press edit adjust it to 13800rpm and press enter. Turn the key off and unplug the controller. Then start the bike and go for a spin. Stay close to home just in case to start. You also may want to adjust your idle. Double check the vaccuum lines too.

Old October 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #17
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
If are you looping it or using the switch. With the control unit plugged in turn your key to the on position. lt-01 should show on the controller. Press enter. 01 should show. Now scroll to the spot on the white sheet reads 39 should be spot 16. get to 16 and hit edit you'll see 2 lines one saying 39.0 the other saying 9500. Place the 39 to 40 then hit enter. Then scroll to the 21st spot (12000rpm) and do the same moving it from 40 to 41. Then make sure everything matches up to 16000rpm (yes I know the bike won't rev that high). After you go past the 30th spot it will save. Then press menu until you hit Limit and then press edit adjust it to 13800rpm and press enter. Turn the key off and unplug the controller. Then start the bike and go for a spin. Stay close to home just in case to start. You also may want to adjust your idle. Double check the vaccuum lines too.
im using the switch just in case it doesnt work with my jetting so i can turn it back to normal..so im guessing i do all this with the switch on the "on" position correct?

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #18
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

no . off is map one on is map two. Map two will be less aggressive than map 1 in the higher rpm range so use that as your default. If you wish to program map 2 I need to talk to bram first because I have only looped it to run map 1 before and don't have a programmable unit on hand right now to go figure it out. I think when lt-01 flashes if you hit enter then you can do map 2 but like I said I don't have one right in front of me.

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #19
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
no . off is map one on is map two. Map two will be less aggressive than map 1 in the higher rpm range so use that as your default. If you wish to program map 2 I need to talk to bram first because I have only looped it to run map 1 before and don't have a programmable unit on hand right now to go figure it out. I think when lt-01 flashes if you hit enter then you can do map 2 but like I said I don't have one right in front of me.
ok fair enough!...so im only altering two spots right?
spot 16 to 40 and spot 21 to 41..and then i make sure that from 22-30 its all 40 across the board!?
woo hope it works...cant wait...

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #20
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

no
22-30 should be at 41

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #21
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
no
22-30 should be at 41
oh ok..thats where i was confused....ok ill be back to check up with ya..thanks!

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #22
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Ok Im ass backwards. ON is map1 OFF is map 2

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #23
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Ok Im ass backwards. ON is map1 OFF is map 2
yes i was about to tell you that...so i set everything up with the lil switch on the "on" position.....that is the correct way right? if so im done..

Old October 10th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #24
Plasma
ninjette.org member

well just got finished installing the badboy!..
i havent driven it since its cold outside adn i was shirtless and in shorts but my dad who is way more knowledgeable and experienced than me did!....
i was hoping it would make a difference and especially one that was noticeable so that he wouldnt hound me for buying this..lol
on the "on" postion his words were "it is wicked"..lol..map 2 he says is about the same as stock..so looks like its mission accomplished..coming from a man who rides a m109r..they mean alot.
when i ride it..ill chime in with my own review..
thanks matt!
oh and i forgot to set the rev limiter of excitement..but might just leave it like that for a while..

Old October 15th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #25
syoo6
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

this is a bit off topic, i apologize... but kkim said that you shouldn't re-jet until you are done modding correct? Are there potentially any risks that I run if I were to install an exhaust and intake and did not rejet for some period of time?
syoo6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #26
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by syoo6 View Post
this is a bit off topic, i apologize... but kkim said that you shouldn't re-jet until you are done modding correct? Are there potentially any risks that I run if I were to install an exhaust and intake and did not rejet for some period of time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
jetting should be the last thing you do.

get the bike in the configuration you want first (intake, exhaust, ignition) and then jet the bike... unless you like doing the jetting multiple times. Every time you change a performance related piece of hardware, you're going to need to fine tune jetting.
Pretty sure there would not be any damage caused, but it may be a hassle going back and retuning after every performance mod.

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:09 AM   #27
kkim

My advice was based on minimizing the number of times of having to fine tune the jetting after each mod is made. Rejetting is a slow, time consuming process.

Be advised, also, that the 250 ninja already comes lean from the factory. By adding an aftermarket exhaust and intake, you further lean out the already lean mixture. While I have not heard of anyone causing damage by just installing bolt ons, performance gains will not be fully realized unless you rejet to compensate and in some cases, diminished performance, depending on what parts you add, will result.

I assume the purpose of adding an intake and exhaust is to reap some performance gains? If so, you will not realize the full gains unless you fine tune the jetting.

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:35 AM   #28
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

What about the non-programmable one? On is still map1 and off is map2 or visa versa? I think off is map 1 (conservative) right?
Posted via Mobile Device
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #29
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

I'm going by what bram told me. Map one is on map 2 is off. I don't use the switch so looped is map one broken is map 2