ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old January 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #1
scorch
ninjette.org guru

Name: ricardo

Motorcycle(s): 250

dc riders

Anyone up for riding tommorow around maryland. Meeting with a small group of riders in the rockville towncenter near the bank of america at 10am. Be there if you want to ride.
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I wish I could. How have you been?

Old January 5th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #3
BlueHairSar
ninjette.org sage

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): Silver 2005 Ninja 250 - Available for free mustache rides.

Brr.

Though next Sat's supposed to be 53 and dry, and I might not pussy out of that weather...
BlueHairSar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #4
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHairSar View Post
Brr.

Though next Sat's supposed to be 53 and dry, and I might not pussy out of that weather...
It's not that bad! just layer up! haha But I am so looking forward to this soon coming warmish weather!

Old January 6th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #5
subxero
dirty boy

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
would have probably joined in but i was traveling late last night sooo i just woke up...

It was raining last night, can't imagine it dried up to much. Let us know how the ride went.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #6
Dozer
ninjette.org member

Name: CarL

Motorcycle(s): 2010 EX250, 2012 ZX-6R

International Motorcycle Show, Washington Convention Center, Washington DC

Went to see the show today, was anyone else in attendance? I saw a Ninja 300 in person for the first time. I wish I was able to test ride it. Looked good in person though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0911.jpg (98.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0912.jpg (116.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0910.jpg (110.3 KB, 0 views)
Dozer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #7
scorch
ninjette.org guru

Great ride today. Guaire and i went riding on our 250's. Him on his vtr 250, and me on my 08 ninja 250. It was a fun time, we had lunch at lous in mt. airy, and then headed back south to stop in burtonsville airpark where guys were flying their rc helicopters and planes. The weather was really warm too

Next weekend im riding again, anyone up for it?

Old January 6th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #8
scorch
ninjette.org guru

It was a great day to ride. I met up with Guaire at visarts in rockville in the town center, and then we headed off the usual way. I was on my 08 ninja 250, and he was on his honda vtr. I think we must have done about 100is miles. I thought it was going to be colder than it was. There were a ton of bicyclists everywhere, and alot of people out enjoying the country side.

Riding in the winter is great, all the poseurs have gone back to hibernation so basically just the guys who really like to ride on the road.

We headed up on i270 for a while, then got off and started to take some backroads. I had really no plan in mind, only thing that was requested by guaire is that we stop and eat at jo's in mt. airy, its a biker sort of bar. The prices are cheap enough, and in the summer all the bikers come out and fill the parking lot. They even have signs for motorcycle parking!

after that we headed on more backroads to burtonsville, where we stopped briefly in a airpark to watch rc helicopters and rc airplanes play. Something id like to buy if i had money.

Old January 6th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #9
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

O wow! Sounds like an awesome ride!

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #10
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Would like to have joined, but I've got a cold! Suck. But I did get out yesterday before I started feeling crummy, and I agree that this is pretty decent riding weather. Dress for it, and the only real downside is the tire temps. But that's fine for more leisurely riding. Keep us in the loop about next week -- I might be able to join.
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #11
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Sounds like fun!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #12
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
@scorch

I am interested in riding next weekend as long as nothing unexpected comes up and no rain or snow.

Where you live? I'm in Laurel so it is easy for me to go just about anywhere. There are some decent roads down my way and towards Annapolis if we need ideas for some pavement and people don't mind heading out this way.

Old January 7th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #13
scorch
ninjette.org guru

hi im in burtonsville, right next to laurel. check ninja250forum for ride info as i dont come here often.

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #14
scorch
ninjette.org guru

riding this saturday at 10am . meet in rockville towncenter near 155 gibbs street in the parking lot of bank of america.

Old January 10th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #15
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Count me in, Do you take 28 into rockville? wanna meet up and ride in before the meet up?

how many people you thinking? just curious

Old January 10th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #16
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

If only you guys weren't 2 hours away

Old January 11th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #17
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Post
If only you guys weren't 2 hours away
Don't be a pansy.

Old January 11th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #18
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr4 View Post
Don't be a pansy.

lololol I did honestly think about it... But the ride back would probably kill me haha I have a bad tendency of doing dumb things like that. "O it's only 2 hours away, no big deal" but then after the 2 hour drive plus doing whatever it is all day on the way back I'm just like "you dumb ass... you forgot you had to go back!!"

On an unrelated note, did I ever tell you you're the reason I found this forum? I was looking up the 300 cause I was curious and your video came up on the tube of you and you gave this place a shoutout!

Old January 11th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #19
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Post
lololol I did honestly think about it... But the ride back would probably kill me haha I have a bad tendency of doing dumb things like that. "O it's only 2 hours away, no big deal" but then after the 2 hour drive plus doing whatever it is all day on the way back I'm just like "you dumb ass... you forgot you had to go back!!"

On an unrelated note, did I ever tell you you're the reason I found this forum? I was looking up the 300 cause I was curious and your video came up on the tube of you and you gave this place a shoutout!
Haha. Yeah, probably a rough ride home, lol. Especially because, if I'm reading the forum right, you just got your bike, right? If so, work up to the longer days, as being tired makes the mistakes come a lot easier. (Ask me how I know! )

And no, I didn't know that about you finding the forum -- that's awesome! My vids about the 300 were my first and only posts to youtube ever. I was pretty overwhelmed by the response. I thought they'd be watched by like 9 people, lol. Anyway, glad you found your way here!

Old January 11th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #20
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch View Post
riding this saturday at 10am . meet in rockville towncenter near 155 gibbs street in the parking lot of bank of america.
Hey man, over on the other forum it looks like you guys will go out Sat and Sun -- is that right? I'm the friend with the 300 that GuiltySparc was talking about, and I'll probably try to go out whichever day he does, which I think will be Sunday.

If you check over here before you go, post up whether you'll go out both days and from where on each day. I'm planning to make it out once!

Old January 12th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #21
scorch
ninjette.org guru

yeah ill go both days.

meeting today at 10am in alexandria,, va at the end of duke street downtown.

Old January 12th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #22
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
^unfortunately i'm gonna pass on this one then, was banking on Rockville meet up i don't think i would even be able to make it down there in time now.

enjoy

Old January 12th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #23
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

lol... I like how the metting place got changed on the day of the ride TO ANOTHER STATE!!! haha

Old January 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #24
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
No worries, it's actually not that nice out yet anyway. roads are still wet from last night and still overcast here in central MD. Thinking it will perk up a little later.

Anyone else in the D/M/V area looking to hit the pavement let me know. I am planning on getting out either today or tomorrow for sure. No plans set, i'm flexible, might try to see if i can't drag a few people that i know into it.

Old January 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #25
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
No worries, it's actually not that nice out yet anyway. roads are still wet from last night and still overcast here in central MD. Thinking it will perk up a little later.

Anyone else in the D/M/V area looking to hit the pavement let me know. I am planning on getting out either today or tomorrow for sure. No plans set, i'm flexible, might try to see if i can't drag a few people that i know into it.
It's still pretty soggy outside here in PA as well! and it's only 41!

Old January 12th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #26
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post

Hey man -- there will for sure be a ride tomorrow. I'm heading out to New Market to meet my buddy from my Triumph days. He posted the info for Scorch and those guys over at the other forum, so my guess is there may be some others join us. But check the thread linked earlier, and you'll see the deets posted by 'GuiltySparc'. He's a good guy, and has a hell of a lot fun roads up there around Frederick.

Old January 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #27
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr4 View Post
Hey man -- there will for sure be a ride tomorrow. I'm heading out to New Market to meet my buddy from my Triumph days. He posted the info for Scorch and those guys over at the other forum, so my guess is there may be some others join us. But check the thread linked earlier, and you'll see the deets posted by 'GuiltySparc'. He's a good guy, and has a hell of a lot fun roads up there around Frederick.
Would love to meet up with you guys tomorrow and carve up the pavement but if i get out it will most likely have to be local, Frederick is an hour trip for me which is fine normally but, i ended up riding out to Norther VA today and riding for a while. It was great, got on some nice back roads with no one else riding. I'm pretty whooped on top of i have lots of things i need to do tomorrow.

Ill keep a look out for other meet ups, hopefully weather continues to cooperate.

Have fun tomorrow and ride safe.