ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old January 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): BLACK!!! '08 250R

Question Americade Anyone?

An Nijetters going to AMERICADE? I'm planning on riding up for the week. Should be a good time with plenty of good roads in the area...

Americade Home Page

Americade has become the world's largest multi-brand motorcycle touring rally, attracting over 50,000-100,000 annually.

It's a convention of tourers, sport-tourers and cruising motorcycles enjoying a week-long festival of motorcycling, including guided tours in the beautiful Adirondack Park and Green Mountains of Vermont, two massive trade shows with nearly 250 vendors, demos and displays from nearly all the major motorcycle manufacturers, and much, much more.

Americade’s headquarters is centrally located in Lake George Village at the Fort William Henry Resort. This location is within walking distance to the two TourExpo tradeshow locations at the Beach and The Forum in Lake George, is on the trolley route, and has perhaps the best view of Lake George in the region.

To participate, most attendees register for a full-week wristband, giving them access to the trade shows, the demos and displays, Americade’s headquarters where many events take place and much more.

Americade is a gathering of friendly, fun-loving folks, for whom motorcycling is a social hobby, but not some form of rebellion. It's NOT the place for shows of speed, hostile attitudes, or illegally loud motorcycles. Americade supports the AMA position that "Loud Pipes Risk Rights".
Old Guy on a '08 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old January 17th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #3
Aryxa
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeffrey

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

I go every year! Partially because I live like 5 minutes from Lake George .. : ]
Aryxa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #4
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryxa View Post
I go every year! Partially because I live like 5 minutes from Lake George .. : ]

I "USED TO" live like, 55 minutes (on a good fall day on the Northway - which wasn't my favorite route - quickest but not favorite) from Lake George... Love the Islands... hiking tounge mountain... siling the lake... canoeing late at night with no light and a girls in the bow... (these are a few of my favorite memories)... OH AND THE MOUNTIAN ROADS!!!

Old January 19th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #5
Alienjoe
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 1995 CBR600F3 "The Project"

My dad has been doing Americade since the 90's. My bike wasn't ready to be picked up until the week after Americade last year. This year though I am going to try my hardest to go.

I took my bike for a 10 mile ride last night to meet a buddy at Outback. First ride in a little over a month. God, please let spring come early. 18 degrees fahrenheit is too cold !!

Old January 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #6
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Awesome! Looks like a great event.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #7
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

Spread the word around about this event and see if we can generate some interest in other from here going.

It would be great to have a bunch of us from the Forum up there for a few "NINJETTE RIDES". I'll be tired of the V-Twins and Opposed 4's and sixes by the time I get up there. Gonna meet up with my sister (Harley) and her hubby (Goldwng Trike) and a couple of her friends (Harleys) someplace East of the Mississippi and group ride to Lake George.

Old January 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM   #8
Bigballsofpaint

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Ill be there again this year as long as the money is there, ill do more riding than last year for sure. You can do the show in a day if you want. So ill save time this year by doing that and then just enjoying lake george. I wont be on the ninjette though, i was last year. I would definitely meet up to ride though. It was definitly a good time, rowdy if your staying right on the main drag but theres so many places to stay right around there its not hard to get away from the crazyness. We stayed 30 min north last year and expect to stay in the same place again.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2013, 10:37 AM   #9
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
The name "americade" makes it sound like it's part of Medicare/medicade...

Besides, the pictures look like it's all Goldwings and big cruising style bikes. I don't think my bike would be welcome with it's Muzzy and pod filter. It's no straight piped Harley, but it's not exactly quiet.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM   #10
Bigballsofpaint

There was a ton of cruisers, hence the title, "largest touring rally" but there was a lot of different bikes. Plus the demos had all the big names besides suzuki really. It was where i foolishly demo'd the N1k. Yamaha, ducati had a ton of diavels, honda, can-am, harley of course, vstar, kawi, bmw, 1 or 2 more that i cant think of. I saw a few ninjettes, not many though. There was 3 of us together on ours. Everyone was really nice and theres a ton of nice roads.

Old January 21st, 2013, 07:08 PM   #11
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

Besides, the pictures look like it's all Goldwings and big cruising style bikes. I don't think my bike would be welcome with it's Muzzy and pod filter. It's no straight piped Harley, but it's not exactly quiet.
The only way to "Change that Image" is for a ton of us Ninjettes to show up. The show is def for the cruiser/toruing crowd, but "I CONSIDER THE 250 TO BE THE ULTIMATE TOURING BIKE"... The 60-70mpg, with a $3000 bike is what does it for me... touring on a budget.

Old January 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM   #12
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

We'll need to co-ordinate the gathering. Sure would be nice to see 15-20 of us twofiddy riders on a "Group Ride"

Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Bigballsofpaint

Well my big trip riding to Kansas got the Kabosh today, so it looks like ill definitely be able to do americade and laconia. Havent booked anything but i know ill be leaving Thursday morning around 9-10 to lake george going all back roads and what not. Ill leave Lake George on Monday to go to Laconia, havent planned that route yet. I dont know where everyone is coming from but im in the northwest corner of CT.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM   #14
Nny
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6 (street), GSXR 750 (track) and a Harley FXDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

Well, one thing to be aware of is that Americade started out as a Goldwing rally. Eventually just escalating to a motorcycle rally. All bikes are welcome. While the GW's and Harleys make up a good number of the bikes the parking lots are still a wide range of all makes and models.

As far as the pipes thing... you may not want loud pipes for this rally anyway. Not to scare anyone off as it is a good time regardless but there have been years where motorcycle checkpoints have been put in to place ticketing loud bikes or if you dont have your paperwork in order.

I live an hour from Lake George. I know the area pretty well. Not sure which bike I wil be taking and I will probably just be hanging out for the demo rides anyway.

Previous rides: Ninja 650, Ninja 250, Goldwing and a Nightster
Nny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #15
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nny View Post
As far as the pipes thing... you may not want loud pipes for this rally anyway. Not to scare anyone off as it is a good time regardless but there have been years where motorcycle checkpoints have been put in to place ticketing loud bikes or if you dont have your paperwork in order.
Eww. That's cheap.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM   #16
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

This sounds like a great idea! I'm planning on going out there with my Dad (Goldwing). We're only 10 hours away, so it'll be a nice ride out. Keep me informed if there's going to be a ninjette gathering!
Redgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM   #17
Bigballsofpaint

i wont be on the ninjette, ill be on a ninja though....hope i can still tag along

Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:10 PM   #18
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

If we get together all you have to do is show up... hopefully on a bike... but hey... we can use a chase vehicle too!