Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Notices

Old March 2nd, 2018, 09:19 PM   #1
teafour
Corner Chaser

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2006 GSXR1000, 1986 VFR750, 2004 Ninja 250

Teafour's project heading to Jennings

Alright, got the project on the trailer and heading to Jennings to test her out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180302_212907.jpg (69.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20180302_212919.jpg (86.6 KB, 9 views)
teafour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2018, 12:50 PM   #2
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Best of luck.

Let us know how it goes - and keep it right-side-up!
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2018, 04:32 PM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by teafour View Post
Alright, got the project on the trailer and heading to Jennings to test her out.

Kool name, also kool selection of bikes, however; I hope you ride better then you take pictures. Koolest trailer in this post!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 5th, 2018, 09:51 PM   #4
teafour
Corner Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Best of luck.

Let us know how it goes - and keep it right-side-up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Kool name, also kool selection of bikes, however; I hope you ride better then you take pictures. Koolest trailer in this post!
Thank you guys and I see the pictures screw up when I post on here from my phone. IDK why they do weird rotations but that's annoying.

Trip up to Jennings was a blast even though I was and still sick as a dog. The first session things all felt weird, wasn't comfortable enough to settle in. I came in and moved the pegs down a notch so a little less crouched.Had to remove the kick stand and completed took the rear brake lever off (hit the kick stand twice already anyhow and never used the rear brake so didn't care). That move on the pegs was the ticket to feeling more comfortable. Spent the next couple of sessions trying to figure out what gear and shift points between corners. Played rev limiter a few times in various places where it was hard to shift in a lean. Got past by most of the faster half of intermediate throughout the day on all the straights. Don't think anyone past me ever until at least past turn 10/11 back there. The bike turns so amazingly that the amount of lean vs. speed in the corner was nothing. I would catch up to and run behind 600's in the back section so they'd pull away from me head to 12 most of the time or they past me on the big straights. The highlights of the day outside just enjoying everything riding was I picked off two 600's coming off turn 10 going to 11 and then the second one coming off 11 to 12. I think the second one miss shift and gave me the hole. Then he could get around me until we hit the back stretch again. Another highlight of the day was early afternoon session I got blasted by 5 or 6 bikes passing me as we entered the track and beat me to turn 3. I prompting ran them back down before we got to turn 9 and was all but passing the trailing two guys in turns 13/14. They'd pull and stretch me out all the way to turn 3 and we'd repeat this again. The second time through a group of people were in the inside of 13 cheering on the little 250 on all these 600's heels. It was inspiring and the chase continued. A third lap came and went and I almost past the trailers again on 13 but couldn't hold against his pull. The 4th lap I ran in a bit deep and hotter and got wide and then ran off before 14. That was exciting but didn't put it down and road it out reentering back over at turn 3. Was so much fun to ride yesterday. The down side of it was second afternoon session I coming in through 3456 pretty hard (I think) and as I stood the bike back upright got a crazy wobble on the front end that spooked me. I slowed down and it was vibrating pretty crazy and pitted. Upon looking at the front end, it appeared the left side wheel bearing was giving up. I can't remember is I bought new bearings for that front wheel or used the ones that were in it now. Either way, that was the end of the day for me and the riding stories to share!

Old March 6th, 2018, 07:05 PM   #5
teafour
Corner Chaser

Couple of video's of the project at the track. Camera angle kind of sucks, have to fix that and learning that sena10c so it's messy but whatever. Enjoy or not, it's for you to at least laugh at.

https://youtu.be/dwItyf4Z9NQ

https://youtu.be/Rr7MjSjpRJM

https://youtu.be/LyGGVh-IjPU

https://youtu.be/qgHHKgQoOQg

Old March 7th, 2018, 08:27 AM   #6
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Awesome work on the bike and great riding! I love beating the 600 guys!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2018, 10:47 AM   #7
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by teafour View Post
Couple of video's of the project at the track. Camera angle kind of sucks, have to fix that and learning that sena10c so it's messy but whatever. Enjoy or not, it's for you to at least laugh at.

https://youtu.be/dwItyf4Z9NQ

https://youtu.be/Rr7MjSjpRJM

https://youtu.be/LyGGVh-IjPU

https://youtu.be/qgHHKgQoOQg

Not only is that the fastest 250 in the world it is extremely quiet.

Old March 7th, 2018, 03:35 PM   #8
teafour
Corner Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Not only is that the fastest 250 in the world it is extremely quiet.
LOL.. I thought I mentioned the speedo wasn't calibrated still... I didn't have time to figure out that flawed Chinese instructions before the track day. The quiet is before the Sena 10C mic is in my helmet and didn't record the outside noise!!! I should of edited and put music to it... like Mario Theme song or something. LOL

Old March 7th, 2018, 04:10 PM   #9
teafour
Corner Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Awesome work on the bike and great riding! I love beating the 600 guys!
Thank you. The bike is great so far. More to tweak and refine but the experiment in choices is paying off in the end. My father is insistent that I build a motor for it cuz i'm just going to blow this one up. LOL