ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old May 15th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #1
audi
ninjette.org member

Name: Audi

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R

First 100+ mile ride, White Mountains, NH

I'd wanted to take the new (to me) 2010 250R on a long-ish ride last weekend, so I headed north a bit into the While Mountains, mostly along backroads I wasn't too familiar with. I had wanted to head out earlier and go farther, but the partly sunny forecast for the day changed to chance of rain, so I stayed closer to home than I originally wanted. Still, I had a great afternoon.

Went around 120 miles. I had to make a stop in Warren, NH, for a photo-op next to the Redstone rocket in the town square (not what you expect to see in a quiet NH backwater town, for sure). Kept on to Lincoln, NH, where I debated running the Kancamagus Hwy as an out-and-back, but it was getting late and thought I'd save that ride for another weekend.

I've only had the bike for a week as of last weekend, plus I'm a new rider with only around 1000 miles, so it was a good chance to get more seat-time...had a blast. Looking for tail bags to bring drinks and snacks along for the next, longer ride...having a lot of fun on this bike!

Audi
audi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #2
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Cool

Old May 15th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #3
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

The whites are a great place to ride. The Kanc is definitely a fun road to ride. I've only done it a few times because the ride up from Boston sucks, but I have family in Thornton, so it's pretty convenient.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #4
audi
ninjette.org member

Name: Audi

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R

The Whites are a great place to ride/drive, except for the lingering frost heaves on some roads...beware on parts of 118 between Warren and Lincoln, it'll shake your kidneys loose!

I've driven the Kanc tons of times, it's only a half-hour from home, and am looking forward to riding it...rather than take 93 from home, I get to Lincoln via 175 through Thornton, another nice ride.

Glad to have these roads so local!

Audi
audi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Nice ride and interesting rocket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
A Redstone serves as a landmark in Warren, New Hampshire in the center of the village green. It was donated by Henry T. Asselin, who transported the missile from Redstone Arsenal in 1971, then placed in honor of long-time U.S. Senator Norris Cotton, a Warren native. A Redstone also launched another Granite Stater into suborbital flight: Alan Shepard of Derry.
Looking forward to more adventures! Keep up sharing the pictures and sights from around you!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote