ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old February 12th, 2018, 12:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - 2017 KTM AMA National Adventure Riding Series Prize Winners Announ

Motorcycles and adventure are synonymous to begin with, but KTM certainly takes it to another level with its Adventure line of bikes. The KTM AMA National Adventure Series has stops all over the U.S. where ADV enthusiasts and riders curious about ADV riding alike can take a deeper look into one of the sport’s most fun types of motorcycling.*

Begin Press Release:

PICKERINGTON, OH – February 8, 2018 – Spurgeon Dunbar of Fogelsville, Pa., is the grand prize winner in the 2017 KTM AMA National Adventure Riding Series sweepstakes.

Dunbar won the opportunity to experience what it’s like to be a factory rider for the weekend and hang out with eight-time AMA National Enduro Champion Mike Lafferty and the KTM staff.

The KTM AMA National Adventure Riding Series featured 21 events in 2017. Every participant was automatically entered to win prizes from series sponsors KTM, Sidi and Seat Concepts.

“As part of KTM’s involvement in the AMA Adventure Series in 2017, we came up with the idea to award an entry and the use of a KTM 1090 Adventure R in this year’s KTM East Coast Adventure Rider Rally,” said KTM Ride Orange Manager Mark Hyde. “KTM is excited to be a part of the series and we thought this would be a fun way to promote the series and our adventure event. Snow Shoe, W.Va., was the first location to host our rider rally in the east, and we are excited to return and enjoy some great riding in the West Virginia mountains.”

Snow Shoe will host the 2018 KTM East Coast Rider Rally on May 18-20.

Dunbar was caught off guard by the sweepstakes win.

“I was completely surprised to learn that I was the grand prize winner,” Dunbar said. “From the multiple events that I attended throughout 2017, it was amazing to see the level of dedication and support that KTM is delivering to really try to grow a sport that we all love.”

Because the grand prize was an event that Dunbar was already planning on attending, he wants to use this opportunity to pay it forward.

“I plan on working with KTM to bring along a friend who has never ridden an adventure bike before, in an effort to introduce someone new to the world of adventure riding,” Dunbar said. “I look forward to seeing everyone at Snow Shoe Mountain in May. It’s shaping up to be a heck of a ride, regardless of what color your bike is!”

Joseph Alderson of Houston, Texas, won a Seat Concepts motorcycle seat.

Jeff Giannobile of Jamestown, Ohio, rode the “Big Woods 200” hosted by the Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders. Yossi Butbul of Cherry Hill, N.J., rode the “Pine Barrens 500” organized by Pine Barrens Adventures. Giannobile and Butbul both won a pair of Sidi boots.

Series sponsor Adventure Motorcycle Magazine (ADVMoto) offers a 20 percent discount to a subscription of their magazine for AMA members.

The 2018 series schedule and detailed information about the events can be found at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Riding/Adventure-Riding.

Be sure to follow the series’ official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AMAAdventureRiding. Post your photos from the events on social media using #AMAadv.

2017 KTM AMA National Adventure Riding Series Prize Winners Announced appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...