Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old June 25th, 2018, 10:48 AM   #1
MotoIcon
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): Indian dark horse 2016

BMW r7 into mass production?

BMW r7 is an Art Deco bike that was built by a talented engineer Alfred Boning. the bike is gorgeous and can't go into mass production due to high costs.... so its stored away until it was found by accident 70 years later. they restored it but it still never went into production. I am a huge fan of BMW in general and do a lot of research...recently I found this sketch of nmoto design ....maybe they will bring it back to life...here are the pics of a prototype and their sketch below...anyone has a taste for it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmw_r7.jpg (46.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg r777.jpg (52.1 KB, 5 views)
MotoIcon is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old June 25th, 2018, 08:42 PM   #2
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoIcon View Post
BMW r7 is an Art Deco bike that was built by a talented engineer Alfred Boning. the bike is gorgeous and can't go into mass production due to high costs.... so its stored away until it was found by accident 70 years later. they restored it but it still never went into production. I am a huge fan of BMW in general and do a lot of research...recently I found this sketch of nmoto design ....maybe they will bring it back to life...here are the pics of a prototype and their sketch below...anyone has a taste for it?
This is my dream BMW.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMW.jpg (150.7 KB, 2 views)

Old June 26th, 2018, 01:15 PM   #3
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoIcon View Post
BMW r7 is an Art Deco bike that was built by a talented engineer Alfred Boning. the bike is gorgeous and can't go into mass production due to high costs....
Park that baby next to your Honda Rune!

I'll stick with my K75.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2018, 03:06 AM   #4
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

Wow what a bike. I see some Indian styling in the fenders. I would be happy to trade ever bike I own for that one.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote