Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old January 17th, 2020, 02:07 PM   #1
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Racing School Europe- Catalunya Circuit

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to the article I wrote in Motorcyclist on my experience riding with Racing School Europe and Troy Corser in Spain last October . Such a fun group of people and amazing tracks, if anyone is interested, check it out

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/s...or-the-masses/
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 17th, 2020, 05:37 PM   #2
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Mild curiosity -- I saw it said "great for practicing trail braking and quick turning"... I usually find that the places I need to do notable trail are less amenable to quick turning and vice-versa (more of a 'you don't need the advantages of trail as much')... Obviously that doesn't mean it's one or the other, they can and should be mixed to the degree/balance appropriate, but I thought I'd ask!

Old January 20th, 2020, 01:23 PM   #3
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Mild curiosity -- I saw it said "great for practicing trail braking and quick turning"... I usually find that the places I need to do notable trail are less amenable to quick turning and vice-versa (more of a 'you don't need the advantages of trail as much')... Obviously that doesn't mean it's one or the other, they can and should be mixed to the degree/balance appropriate, but I thought I'd ask!
Yes, absolutely. For a single corner, usually if you are trail braking then you are steering it less quickly then if you are not trailing, however in that series of corners, from 1-2 at THAT circuit, you trail the brakes into the apex for one and then have to come off the brakes and quickly steer it for the transition into turn 2. It was the combination of turn 1-2 that I was meaning in that sentence
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.