ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old June 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #161
TheGoodLyfe
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Looking For 2008 Ninja 250R

Oh no! Mine was delivered to my SCHOOL address on campus. I'm across the state at home! Guess I'll have to get in touch with them and see if they can forward it over here. Thanks Kim
TheGoodLyfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #162
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Dan, I can only reply regarding resistors vs new relay if you're keeping the stock blinkers too (which you seem to be doing), but yes, only nedd the new relay. I suspect (from my own minor electrical knowledge and numerous other posts) that'd you'd be fine with the relay if you were pulling the stock blinkers too but would need resistors if you're doing replacement of the front blinkers as well.

I just paired the positives from the integrated blinker with the positive from the correct stock blinker. If you're pulling the lights, should be able to plug the provided pin on the integrated directly into the spade-female on the stock connector. I promise I'll post some pics of how I did it soon as I find my camera (it's been MIA a couple days).

The tail light plug is designed just like the plug from the light bulb you'll be pulling from your stock light so just plug it in like you would the bulb. But BE CAREFUL with the socket on the integrated light, it is a little fragile, as is the solder on the ground (ask me how I know) .

Old June 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #163
Ohh Snap
420 President

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja grass color

got mine! nice piece, now i gotta wait to install, who knows how long
Ohh Snap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #164
bikeboyben14
ninjette.org member

Name: ben

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

the fl-32 relay does work 8 bucks at atuozone i bought it and installed last night and all works well. i removed my factory rear blinkers and pulled the wires from the socket and connectd the wires that way and all works well.
bikeboyben14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #165
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
Dan, I can only reply regarding resistors vs new relay if you're keeping the stock blinkers too (which you seem to be doing), but yes, only nedd the new relay. I suspect (from my own minor electrical knowledge and numerous other posts) that'd you'd be fine with the relay if you were pulling the stock blinkers too but would need resistors if you're doing replacement of the front blinkers as well.

I just paired the positives from the integrated blinker with the positive from the correct stock blinker. If you're pulling the lights, should be able to plug the provided pin on the integrated directly into the spade-female on the stock connector. I promise I'll post some pics of how I did it soon as I find my camera (it's been MIA a couple days).

The tail light plug is designed just like the plug from the light bulb you'll be pulling from your stock light so just plug it in like you would the bulb. But BE CAREFUL with the socket on the integrated light, it is a little fragile, as is the solder on the ground (ask me how I know) .
hey thanks 4 the reply..I have the flushmount proton led front signals installed already...Supposedly they have built in resistors, and I didnt have 2 hook ne thing x-tra 2 them when I installed them, they blink fine, no fast flashing or ne thing like that....so I'm hoping all I'll need to do is change that relay and I'll be good...My tail light shipped Sunday so I'm pacing around waitin on it, cant wait to git it hooked up..lol
AnarchoMoltov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2009, 04:07 AM   #166
Army Aviator
ninjette.org member

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchoMoltov View Post
hey thanks 4 the reply..I have the flushmount proton led front signals installed already...Supposedly they have built in resistors, and I didnt have 2 hook ne thing x-tra 2 them when I installed them, they blink fine, no fast flashing or ne thing like that....so I'm hoping all I'll need to do is change that relay and I'll be good...My tail light shipped Sunday so I'm pacing around waitin on it, cant wait to git it hooked up..lol
Since you're going with LED's on all 4 corners you'll probably need diodes to keep both sides from flashing at the same time.
Army Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #167
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Dan, you will need to do the diode fix - look in the proton thread - somewhere around the last page has info about what to do in this situation

Old June 30th, 2009, 09:22 PM   #168
Ken08Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeboyben14 View Post
the fl-32 relay does work 8 bucks at atuozone i bought it and installed last night and all works well. i removed my factory rear blinkers and pulled the wires from the socket and connectd the wires that way and all works well.

I also removed the wires from the stock rear blinker socket and connected to the integrated tail. I used a TRIDON brand EL12 Electronic Flasher from my local Advance Auto Parts and it works well with just the integrated in the rear and stock fronts.
Ken08Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #169
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

omfg, i just checked out the proton thread as noche suggested....wow, a whole lot of confusion there..........My proton flushmounts dont function as running lights so there isnt any extra current on those...but the tail light will function as running light...I dont know if I need diodes just yet, I hope not...
I had the bike lights no cut fender elim kit hooked up with the led rear signals, and they worked fine with the proton fronts, but I did have resistors hooked to the rear led's..btw-bike lights no cut fender elim-$75 improper display of registration ticket...So I'll let everyone know if my bikemonkey tail light will work with the proton front signals without diodes(hopefully!!!)

Old June 30th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #170
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

as soon as it grtz here

Old July 1st, 2009, 04:21 AM   #171
Army Aviator
ninjette.org member

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

You will need diodes because your installing leds on all four corners, might as well find some now while your waiting for the light to arrive.
Army Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2009, 05:37 AM   #172
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

why didnt I need diodes b4? I had led's all 4 corners

Old July 1st, 2009, 04:29 PM   #173
Bikemonkey
ninjette.org member

Name: Carl

Motorcycle(s): street triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Aviator View Post
You will need diodes because your installing leds on all four corners, might as well find some now while your waiting for the light to arrive.
I'm not quite sure where this diode thing has come from. I do not know anyone who runs Flushmounts and Integrated Turn Signals with diodes. I would suggest you buy a better quality LED Relay first
Bikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM   #174
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

hey thankz 4 the reply I got yer email, I appreciate yer help..I ordered the acumen relay, I'm still waitin on the tail light and all this talk about diodes got me all worried....so I'll try it with the acumen relay ...thankz

Old July 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #175
TheGoodLyfe
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Looking For 2008 Ninja 250R

If anyone didn't get in on this group buy I am selling my tail light as plans aren't going according to plan. PM me and we can discuss
TheGoodLyfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #176
Chamus57
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r se

I am kinda in the same boat. Took the fairings off today and was about to break the plastic bag. Then thought i could really use the money more than the light at this point in time because of unexpected expenses and the fact i plan to get the GB exhaust. If i can't sell it i have no problem using it but could really use the moeny. PM me if you are interested but buy Jason's first Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0006.jpg (88.7 KB, 12 views)
Chamus57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #177
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Its confirmed...U do not need resistors or a diode to run the bikemonkey led taillight with the proton led front turn signals..U do need to change the relay though....I got the acumen universal led relay, and everything works fine...

Old July 10th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #178
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Dan, you have removed the stock rear signals, correct?

Old July 10th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #179
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

yea, I'm all LED front and rear...

Old July 12th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #180
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Scratch that confirmation on the no diodes needed..I noticed 2 night that the opposite blinker that I have activated flashes a little when I turn on the signals..This sucks!!!!! I guess bikemonkey doesnt know any 1 that runs his integrated tail light with protons without diodes with no problems on a new gen ninja 250....

Old July 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #181
madcrossover
ninjette.org member

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeboyben14 View Post
Bikeboyben: I noticed on the FL32 Relay it says to use a 25 amp fuse. Do you know if this is needed or does anyone else have any ideas? Dont want to end up burning a wire or anything. Just a thought! Let me know if all is good!
madcrossover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2009, 09:11 AM   #182
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

no just use the stock fuse.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote