ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 28th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #1
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

Bursig center lift stand (Ninja 300)

A search didn't turn up anything so I figured I'd post this up in case anyone was interested.

It's packed almost fully assembled. You just need to attach the handle and screw in the allen screws for the wheels. You can also screw in rubber feet instead which aren't included but should be free if you request them.

How it lifts the bike. The top plastic? "pin" is threaded and goes over a long bolt like a very long nut and the bottom pin acts like a regular nut with a shorter bolt.

The bottom pin comes out of the box loose so you're supposed to position it yourself but it's not super easy to get the adjustment right because the slot for lower pin is effectively angled so you're adjusting two dimensions at once away from the bike. The allen bolt at the top will adjust and hold the angle of the whole plate.

This is the lower position. The front wheel is about a D cell battery high and the back can clear a chain cleaner spray can.

This is the higher position (about 3/4" higher). The front almost clears the can.

On my second try, I finally adjusted it so it goes in pretty easily. You do have to balance the bike momentarily (that moment of faith) with the kickstand up but it's not too bad. Taking it out is a little sticky sometimes. To lower the bike you have to relieve the pressure on the pin by raising the bike a bit so you won't be surprised and smacked in the head by the handle. The wheels are small so they catch on my garage's deep (inverted triangle) seams if you roll it too slowly. Two wheels have brakes to keep the stand in place.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I can easily roll the bike into the corner now instead of doing an Austin Powers routine. One fringe benefit is being able to check the oil sight glass if you don't raise the bike at all. That always seems sketchy to me.
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 28th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #2
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by algs26 View Post
A search didn't turn up anything so I figured I'd post this up in case anyone was interested.
Looks similar to this one. https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...center+paddock

DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote