ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old November 14th, 2017, 11:21 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - AMA Awards National No. 1 Plates At Road Race Grand Championship

The AMA handed out No. 1 plates as well as other awards at the 2017*Road Race Grand Championship held at Barber Motorsports Park, November 2-5.

Begin Press Release:

2017 AMA National No. 1 plates awarded at 2017 AMA Road Race Grand Championship
Joseph Blasius wins Nicky Hayden AMA Road Race Horizon Award

PICKERINGTON, Ohio — The country’s top amateur road racers vied for AMA National No. 1 plates during the 2017 AMA Road Race Grand Championship, hosted by WERA Motorcycle Roadracing, at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, Ala., on Nov. 2-5.

“The talent at this year’s AMA Road Race Grand Championship was phenomenal and impressive,” AMA Track Racing Manager Ken Saillant said. “The AMA congratulates all those who walked away from the weekend with an AMA National Championship. We also thank Barber Motorsports Park and WERA Motorcycle Roadracing for putting on a great event at this world class venue.”

The 2017 AMA Road Race Grand Championship was held in conjunction with the 45th WERA Grand National Finals.

“WERA Motorcycle Roadracing was honored to be able to host the 2017 AMA Road Race Grand Championships in conjunction with our 45th WERA Grand National Finals,” WERA owner Evelyne Clarke said. “Congratulations to all the riders who participated in the event and to AMA National Champions! This was a great addition to our event and thank you to all those who helped us make this possible. We are looking forward to 2018 and bringing more champions to the sport we love so much.”

Joseph Blasius of Northville, Mich., was named the Nicky Hayden AMA Road Race Horizon Award winner, which recognizes him as the rider who is best prepared for the professional ranks, based on his attitude, enthusiasm and past performances as an amateur racer.

“I was extremely shocked when I heard my name called,” said Blasius. “Once I got up there it started to sink in, so I didn’t know what to say and my whole body was shaking. I am so honored and humbled because I know how prestigious this award is and now having it named after Nicky Hayden makes it mean even more.”

AMA Youth Road Racer of the Year was awarded to Kayla Yaakov of Biglerville, Pa. She finished second in the AMA Lightweight Twins Superbike Novice class.

Andrew Lamoureux of Northville, Mich., was awarded AMA Novice Road Racer of the Year after securing an AMA National Championship in the AMA 600 Superbike Novice class.

Daniel Adams of Grand Prarie, Texas, competed in various AMA classes at the AMA Road Race Grand Championship and was awarded the AMA Vet\Senior Racer of the Year award for his top finishes.

For more information on the AMA Road Race Grand Championship visit, www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Racing/Road-Racing.

The following class winners were awarded an AMA National Championship at the 2017 AMA Road Race Grand Championship:

1000 Superbike Expert: Alan J. Nelson, Towson, Md.
1000 Superbike Novice: Jesse Ruehling, Savannah, Ga.
1000 Superstock Expert: Dustin Dominguez, Newalla, Okla.
1000 Superstock Novice: Rhett Norman, Seneca, S.C.
600 Superbike Expert: Joseph Giannotto, Hastings, Fla.
600 Superbike Novice: Andrew Lamoureux, Northville, Mich.
600 Superstock Expert: Joseph Giannotto, Hastings, Fla.
600 Superstock Novice: Hunter Dunham, Griffin, Ga.
Formula 3: Tyler Scott, Emmaus, Pa.
Lightweight Twins Superbike Expert: Chris Parrish, Old Hickory, Tenn.
Lightweight Twins Superbike Novice: William Nash, Amherst, Va.
Lightweight Twins Superstock Expert: Kevin Tucker, Franklin, N.C.
Lightweight Twins Superstock Novice: William Nash, Amherst, Va.

AMA Awards National No. 1 Plates At Road Race Grand Championship appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...