ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old July 15th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #1
2.5LGT
ninjette.org member

Name: Gao

Motorcycle(s): 05 xz6r 636, 10' Ninja 250R SE Green (sold)

Held Air Streams

After researching for a pair of good gloves I have decided to try the Held Air Streams. So I ordered the gloves on Thursday 3:06pm, and it arrived today at 5pm, thanks revzilla

Few questions for you gear geeks, the gloves does not have a wrist strap, but it is a gauntlet. How would it hold up in a crash?

Should I get the Phantoms and call it a day?
2.5LGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #2
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

Argggg, Get the Titans and call it a day.

Note: I have had Held Titan, Phantom, Akria, Thrux, and Air Stream gloves. I REALLY like Held gloves. The Titan fits my hand well(doesn't do you any good, I know ) and offers the most excellent protection of anything available off the shelf.
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #3
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Held has one of the best reputations for gloves out there. I have a pair of air streams and like them very much. The superfabric woven ceramic on the palm and along side of hand is the most abrasion resistant thing going. Great ventilation between the fingers, too.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #4
2.5LGT
ninjette.org member

Name: Gao

Motorcycle(s): 05 xz6r 636, 10' Ninja 250R SE Green (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
Argggg, Get the Titans and call it a day.

Note: I have had Held Titan, Phantom, Akria, Thrux, and Air Stream gloves. I REALLY like Held gloves. The Titan fits my hand well(doesn't do you any good, I know ) and offers the most excellent protection of anything available off the shelf.
how is the Phantom in 90'F weather?
2.5LGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #5
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.5LGT View Post
how is the Phantom in 90'F weather?
Sorry for late response ... IMO Phantoms are EXCELLENT in heat. The little bit of vents in the fingers helps! However, your hands will sweat and if you are going to take long rides two days in a row in the heat I strongly suggest you plunk down for two pairs. One for one day, the other for the next and then rotate between the two. That way the gloves have time to dry and the hides last longer and feel better.

If you are willing to spend for it I also give Spidi Carbo Six gloves high marks for heat. Again, you sweat but the feel that the Spidis give when sweat wet is outstanding. I have liked the feel transmitted via Spidis for years.

IMO Held gloves (race gauntlets) are safer but Spidis give best feel. Even when broken in A* race gauntlets felt stiff to me. And, Dianese Full Metals felt too bulky.

I like gloves, mmmmmmmm gloves ....
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote