ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old January 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #1
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Day temps. in 50's

Wanted to empathize with all riders above year round warm days, I came from Rhode Island, and lived in Boston, New York, and a few winters in Perry County Pa. to get city out of my blood/mind. Winters could be worse than cities and the combo just unbearable at times.
Now I just don my Vanson Air Max over a long T and I'm good to go, and even revel in cold air. Cabin Fever was bad, but with a bike winterized in the walk-in closet I remember empathizing with Hemingway in Ireland over the holidays.
At least nowadays you have Iboxes and PS's and Netflick et al. I still read books and write letters to people. Keep my eye on my cake too and what my acct/market rep is doing. (world is open 24-7 now, shameful to me as the one eyed bandits that have given birth to so many gizmos).
Well enough of that shite, I'm off on the 500 cause weekends here were made for high rates of speed.
Happy trails, stay in the zone, ENJOY!
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
Wanted to empathize with all riders above year round warm days, I came from Rhode Island, and lived in Boston, New York, and a few winters in Perry County Pa. to get city out of my blood/mind. Winters could be worse than cities and the combo just unbearable at times.
Now I just don my Vanson Air Max over a long T and I'm good to go, and even revel in cold air. Cabin Fever was bad, but with a bike winterized in the walk-in closet I remember empathizing with Hemingway in Ireland over the holidays.
At least nowadays you have Iboxes and PS's and Netflick et al. I still read books and write letters to people. Keep my eye on my cake too and what my acct/market rep is doing. (world is open 24-7 now, shameful to me as the one eyed bandits that have given birth to so many gizmos).
Well enough of that shite, I'm off on the 500 cause weekends here were made for high rates of speed.
Where you riding, I-95?

Old January 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #3
killermase
ninjette.org member

Name: Chuck

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2504

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
Damn you lucky bastard, lol. Hey I'm out in RI now. Weather has been decent enough to get a couple of rides this winter up here.
killermase is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Rode to work in RI today for first time in a couple months. Have only skipped riding 3 sundays so far this season (1 was Christmas, 1 was snow, 1 was too cold). Did a 23 degree morning ride - that was too cold, riding buddies that day brought out the heated grip bikes. Got off my bike and held the grips for a couple minute. Really can't complain this winter.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #5
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

from banned for no significant reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Where you riding, I-95?
I take it out the B-line highway or southern blvd through the cane fields. I go top speed on the I as well but get off asap. The budgets of the state and county both need dough so there are many unmarked officers, even deputies out there.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote