ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 21st, 2009, 08:22 AM   #1
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Parking the N-250

Couldnt locate a thread on this, so here it goes. Where do you guys park your bikes when out in the neighborhoods (commercial areas)? On the sidewalk nearer the entry doors, designated parking squares, the spot beside the last car in a lot designated as protected square no park, just outside the fire zones, beside the last garage display at Lowes or Home Depot... etc. etc. I park were it will be safe from inconsiderate people who just don't look
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2009, 08:34 AM   #2
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
This is a tough question. I like to park where I can always keep an eye on the bike. I like best when there are other bikes parking so I can join in. If you can't park with others try to park where there is a security camera (they usually have them at the entrance and exits of the building).

Old May 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM   #3
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

try to park where i can see bike. if a restaurant then in front of a window. if a big store then somewhere in plain view and with other bikes if possible.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2009, 09:36 AM   #4
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I don't think it is legal to park on the sidewalks/entrance areas here. Generaly when I park though I can see the bike (If I am with others its usually not a problem). Other than that I generaly park where I can see the bike as soon as I come out. Like to anyway. When parking by myself I park in the middle of the lines and usually towards the 'open' end of the space.

Old May 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM   #5
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
I park where it will be safe from inconsiderate people who just don't look
Yes. I work in two different offices. At one office there is a lot of traffic and plenty of parking, so I just park in a regular spot with a disc lock and leave it at that.

At the other office I have to park on a sidestreet about a block from the office. My shiny red Ninja would catch the eyes of any thief passing by, so on those days I pack a Guardian cover in my tailbag, and throw that over the bike along with the disc lock. Now it just looks like any old motorcycle under a plain black cover... Been doing that for a year and it seems to work great.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM   #6
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Parking in regular spaces usually brings up the hair on the back of the neck.. do I, don't I... will the car in front back up and bump the bike over then take off without regard, it's like a crap shoot when picking the safer spots. I prefer parking as u guys admit with other bikers, but when not, as close too without impinging on access to sidewalks or entryways and try to never park behind cars/trucks if at all possible.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:07 AM   #7
smcbride11
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): '95 BMW K75

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
Parking in regular spaces usually brings up the hair on the back of the neck..
Makes me nervous, too... I usually park on the left side of the space, angled to make sure there's door clearance for the car to my left, and back far enough that the bike's obvious and people don't think it's an open spot - my bike got hit and knocked over in a lot the first month I had it because the driver "didn't see it", so I do my best now to be conspicuous.

I park on the side of the space so if another bike comes along, there's space for them to share the spot. I'm assuming that another rider will respect my bike so I'm not too concerned about sharing the spot.
smcbride11 is offline   Reply With Quote