ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 29th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #41
krazygluon
Parking Lot Qualified

Name: Fielding

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250

I'd have to say I bought my lil' Ninjette for just about every reason people list: price, MPG, light weight/maneuverability, MSF/safety-culture's propaganda against big sport bikes. Oddly though, one thing that did the final talking-out-of-the-650 was the redesign. I wasn't the biggest fan of the pre-gen body. As soon as I walked into the show-room and saw the little blue 09 I was immediately happy with what I saw. 600 miles later I'm still very happy.
krazygluon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #42
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

1. cheap
2. cheap insurance
3. great resell value
4. look (some girl ask me if it was a 750 at pepboyz today)
5. reliability rating from owners
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #43
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

The guy selling mine lived down the street. That's all the reason I needed!
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 09:35 PM   #44
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
All the above (except the racing) plus the fun I have when I flip the mirrored visor up and there is this OldGuy with a mustache sitting on a sport bike next to someone at the stop sign.
LoL Don... I flip the mirrored visor @ the stop light...the fun this brings is someone next to me sees a "chick" on a sportbike...the startled look makes me grin every time! The next fun is when "chicks" pull up beside me at a stop light... the flirtin and gigglin goes on, I flip the mirrored visor up... and the look on their faces ... "arrrggghhh its a chick we've been flirtin with and they peel off at the first sign of a green light" lol.. makes my day completely! Seems we are all "dudes" on motorcycles

I went with the Ninja 250 for its lightness, many great reviews, insurance & fuel costs, and the extremely sexy look it has now ! Too bad they can't supply more aftermarket accessories dedicated to this model.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #45
tc3jg
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

I heard it was a great bike to start on
My insurance is dirt cheap (550 a year full coverage including passenger coverage) and thats with an accident on my record (would have been 300 an sumthin if it were not for that terrible day (sighs)

I have to pay for everything that has to do with the bike there is no help from the parents as they werent to keen on me getting it.

EXCELLENT GAS mileage
I wanted to master a motorcycle so that when I get something bigger I wont die
I got an excellent deal on my 08 because of some slight cosmetic damage
if it gets stolen there isnt to much of a loss
i could say its not a big bike ( to the people who didnt want me to get it)
just commuting around my college campus

FELL In love with the new looks for 2008 -09
tc3jg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #46
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Since the bulk of my riding is within the city limits, I've always preferred a small light bike. Anything over 400cc is overkill for commuting around this area. If I hadn't bought the Ninja I would have bought another small bike, maybe a Honda CRF230M. Their CBR25 is just too small for me, though...