ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Shop Around!

I have been made aware of the importance of shopping around when it comes to motorcycle farkles "fairings are farkles right?", I couldn't find a right side fairing for my ninja 250 in the UK online anywhere, I phoned a number of places where I was quoted between £340 http://www.cornwallkawasaki.co.uk/shop/index.php to £110 http://www.jap4performance.com/ and everywhere in-between! No doubt I went for the £110 + £10 shipping one, I actually brought the left side for the same price from the same guy and I am very happy with it.

I was also quoted between £120 and £35 for a gear shifter, I went for the £35 one no doubt.

With all the parts I brought if i'd have gone for the first price I was quoted I would have spent over £1200 but I got my whole repair / upgrade for under £400

Jap4Performance also do Tyga exhausts, they are very good! I will be buying one in the not so distant future, they also do big brake adaptors and other such cool mods from Taiwan / Thailand!
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #2
mfresh
Knee-dragger in Training

Name: Manny

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R (Sunbeam Red)

Glad to hear you found a good deal.

You have to be careful though, particularly with fairings. You want to make sure you are getting fairings that have been produced via injection molding which will offer you the highest quality. Many of the cheaper fairings use other techniques like compression or hand-made molding.

Anything other than injection molding will usually have some inconesistancies and will require some manual adjustments to make the parts fit versus injection molding which is more-or-less bolt on.

Just something to watch out for.
mfresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfresh View Post
Glad to hear you found a good deal.

You have to be careful though, particularly with fairings. You want to make sure you are getting fairings that have been produced via injection molding which will offer you the highest quality. Many of the cheaper fairings use other techniques like compression or hand-made molding.

Anything other than injection molding will usually have some inconesistancies and will require some manual adjustments to make the parts fit versus injection molding which is more-or-less bolt on.

Just something to watch out for.
Thanks, the first one I received that came weeks ago is an OEM fairing, exact same markings and as my original fairing, fit and colour match is perfect, they ultimately come from this site, they are advertised as OEM, which they are.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...2_1045_791_850
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #4
mfresh
Knee-dragger in Training

Name: Manny

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R (Sunbeam Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
Thanks, the first one I received that came weeks ago is an OEM fairing, exact same markings and as my original fairing, fit and colour match is perfect, they ultimately come from this site, they are advertised as OEM, which they are.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...2_1045_791_850
These are awesome prices for OEM. If I remember correctly they come directly from Thailand so they are definitely legit.

Unfortunately they don't seem to sell any fairings in "red" which is a bit of a bummer. I think the guy (I forgot his name) who runs Tyga also has an "eCrater" store which is how I stumbled upon his listings the first time.
mfresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 02:37 AM   #5
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Many

It's Paul here from TYGA. Yes the parts are 100% OEM just priced suspiciously cheaply. We could increase the price if it makes you feel more comfortable ordering Just kidding, the only issue is slow delivery but if you are patient, we can get everything for 250 Ninjas sold in Thailand which covers 95% of parts worldwide, with only some colours and all carb related parts not available.
tygapaul is offline   Reply With Quote