ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 27th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #41
jasle
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09Ninja250, Ducati Monster 800ie, Harley FXSTS,Rebel 250,CR144,KX85,RM85L

I'm thinking he would not do mail ins...he was a cash only place...

Old January 27th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #42
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

That can be straightened professionally. Here in SoCal there's a place called Dr. John's Motorcycle frame straightening repair. I've had my forks straightened by them as well as a rotor.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #43
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasle View Post
don't remember the name. it was right off Mesa Blvd in the east valley. little bitty place. Been about 7 years since I lived there...All he did was take his very large press, drop the tubes in some V-Blocks and using dial indicator find high spot. with v-blocks on either side of bend out about 8" either side press high spot down, then measure, again...then he had this tube roller he would but them in and roll them for final.
Thanks!

Edit: Was this the place?

Quote:
Gotta be more than one place that can do it...
That's not really the problem. The problem is finding a place that will do it that cheaply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
That can be straightened professionally. Here in SoCal there's a place called Dr. John's Motorcycle frame straightening repair. I've had my forks straightened by them as well as a rotor.
Where was it located? I don't recall seeing it when I lived in San Diego and Google Maps fails me. I drove up to Mackie Welding in Sierra Madre to have my rim straightened.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #44
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Thanks!

That's not really the problem. The problem is finding a place that will do it that cheaply.

Where was it located? I don't recall seeing it when I lived in San Diego and Google Maps fails me. I drove up to Mackie Welding in Sierra Madre to have my rim straightened.
It's in the OC in Anaheim. Here is their website:

http://drjohnsmfs.com/
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #45
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
don't remember the name. it was right off Mesa Blvd in the east valley. little bitty place. Been about 7 years since I lived there...All he did was take his very large press, drop the tubes in some V-Blocks and using dial indicator find high spot. with v-blocks on either side of bend out about 8" either side press high spot down, then measure, again...then he had this tube roller he would but them in and roll them for final.
Was it this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
It's in the OC in Anaheim. Here is their website:

http://drjohnsmfs.com/
Thanks!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote