ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old February 24th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #1
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

Forcefield Jacket Inserts

There just aren't enough pictures of people showing their jacket armor on the web. So I wanted to show the forcefield jacket armor I have. Good stuff, very sturdy and supposedly able to withstand multiple impacts while offering the same protection.

I had a hard time trying to find good inserts that fit my jacket. There are really no guides for how to measure inserts nor are there many reviews showing how well they fit into jackets. This is my Fox Creek Leather "Grayson" Jacket.

This is the insert pocket on the rear of the jacket. It's looks like a stretched out hexagon. Based on it's shape and measurement I found only two suitable back inserts, the forcefield or the knox

The pictures below are to show the sizing vs the pockets. I don't know why but it's practically impossible to find pictures of various armors in jackets.

I'll post up pics later of the outside of the jacket with the armor and more info about sizing and pricing.

Last futzed with by warlord; February 25th, 2011 at 07:51 AM.
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #2
cuss
ninjette.org newbie

Name: danilo

Motorcycle(s): macche'

hi there,
I'm new here I've registered to reply to your message.
I'm going to receive the same jacket as your shortly, can you provide us with more information on the inserts?

type, measures, links, whatever.

Also additional pictures (of the outside of the jacket and/or of you wearing it with inserts) would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Cuss
cuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #3
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuss View Post
hi there,
I'm new here I've registered to reply to your message.
I'm going to receive the same jacket as your shortly, can you provide us with more information on the inserts?

type, measures, links, whatever.

Also additional pictures (of the outside of the jacket and/or of you wearing it with inserts) would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Cuss
I don't have pictures of the outside yet, but I'll get to it soon, hopefully.

I purchased this (they also have and ebay store):
http://www.championmotouk.com/produc...it-pid683.html in size 001

The back and the arm armor are perfect. The shoulder armor fits fine but it makes my shoulders look really broad. I don't know that it's an issue really and it wouldn't be fixable without going to a thinner shoulder armor, since my shoulders are pretty broad already.

Old March 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM   #4
cuss
ninjette.org newbie

thanks warlord,
some helpful info here, thank you very much.
also the link will be useful for me, considering I'm in europe.

if you'll have any other info, maybe after some trip with them on, please share them with us

ciao,
Danilo

Old March 18th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #5
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Sorry it took me a while, I need to get my wife to take some pictures for me with a real camera.

Old March 19th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #6
cuss
ninjette.org newbie

thanks warlord
well of course your shoulders look quite large with the insert on, but I suppose security comes first (though you don't look "strange" with them on)

what about comfort, then? do the inserts get in the way in any... way? (sorry for the pun, I couldn't reformulate it... my English skill is limited).

Zipping it up all, is the jacket too tight?
What about movements? on and off the bike?

thanks again, and sorry for all the questions, I suppose you can understand me

ciao,
Danilo

Old March 19th, 2011, 07:13 AM   #7
warlord
ninjette.org guru

No, I haven't had an issue with the inserts getting in the way. The shoulders feel funny with a backpack on but that's about it.

I sized the jacket to be tight because I don't want the jacket shifting and allowing the inserts to move out of position. I have a 43" chest and the jacket is a 42", so it's snug when zipped but hangs nicely when unzipped. I was concerned since it fits true to size that if I went with a size 44 it would be too loose without the liner in. So if it looks like a snug fit zipped up, that was intentional.

Still, it has good range of motion in the shoulders, thanks to the expansion pleating and generous upper sleeve size. The lower portion of the sleeve is nice and snug. The only thing I can't do is put my hands behind my head without unzipping my jacket, but I couldn't do that with this jacket even without the inserts. This is because the sleeve openings aren't large enough to allow my arms to slide out and the jacket waist is too tight to slide up. This is a good thing because it means the sleeves and jacket bottom are going to resist riding up in a crash, which would leave me exposed.

Off the bike I wear it like I would any fashionable cafe racer-styled jacket, half zipped or unzipped.