Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[2fiddy.com] - Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust

So really, not too much has changed in the Exhaust department for the Ninja 250r in the last few months, but I did neglect to cover the Akrapovic exhaust so I figured now would be a good time. Akrapovic has only released a slip on for the Ninja 250r, so no full system if you’re looking for a full exhaust you can just stop reading now.

Overall the look is really nice, and it comes with the option of titanium or carbon fiber outer sleeve so you can choose which best matches your style. It also comes with a removable noise damper that you can choose which best matches your neighbors noise tolerance.

I haven’t head this exhaust in person, but the videos I have seen online it gives the lil’ Ninja a nice racy tone which seems to be a lil less throaty compared to like a full Yoshimura but also much less garbage disposal than like a homemade hollow core.

As far as power increase? Whelp, here is what Akrapovic says:
Measurements of the Akrapovic SLIP-ON OPEN system on the KAWASAKI Ninja 250R (without muffler insert):

Power & Torque: the exhaust system modification with the SLIP-ON OPEN system results in performance increase, delivering a 27.6 HP at 11200 rpm on back wheel.. But the increased power isn’t available just at the top of the range; the system shows its quality already from 4000 rpm up through entire rpm range. Max. increased power between the Akrapovic and the stock system is 1.1 HP at 12200 rpm. Besides this, the torque is higher in a lower rpm area at 3000 rpm and from middle to high rpm area.

And a little Video sound action for you:

So, if you wish to check this guy out, here are the details:

Link: Akrapovic
Price: ~$450.00 - $500.00 USD

Click here for full story...