Link to original page on YouTube.

Link to the video.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Emu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2020, 03:13 PM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Pretty darn cool!

Personally, I think off-the-shelf engines are easiest and simplest. Someone else has already done engineering and hard work ahead of time. Someone's put a Honda CR250 engine in Ninjette. Also RZ350 engine too I think. With turbo! Only saw this being built-up, don't know if it was ever completed.

Also there's 4-part series on YouTube about turbo EX500. Guy supposedly had done numerous ZX10Rs and Hayabusas previously. So EX should be simple.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2020, 04:53 PM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Oh yeah, he's on the Kaw triples board. We've been talking about it a little. It seems to be a really good design and apparently runs well so far.

http://www.kawi2strokes.com/forum/vi...p?f=21&t=14136
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2020, 05:37 PM   #4
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Slipper piston design is cool. Wonder how much rocking there is and how long rings last.

Want to see his MSQ maps. Maybe I'll sign up on Kawi2strokes.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2020, 07:57 PM   #5
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Wow. There's unique design elements in that motor that I'm having a hard time understanding but the whole thing is very intriguing.

Old July 18th, 2020, 08:29 PM   #6
Emu
ninjette.org member

Name: Emu

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Wow. There's unique design elements in that motor that I'm having a hard time understanding but the whole thing is very intriguing.
To be honest, I totally understand where you are coming from. The only reason why I can look at what they are doing is because I have been watching another channel called "The Workshop" and this dude talks a LOT about engine design. He is in I think aero space industry or something, he has a mechanical engineering background. He is also obsessed with motorcycles and answers a lot of obscure questions people have about 2 and 4 stroke motors with CAD drawings.

There is a lot going on and the don't show all of their CAD designs because of the patent, obviously they want to sell it to you and not have you replicate it. It's leaves a lot of questions unanswered to those not in the know, and those who do know are more curious about the fine details of operation, stresses, porting, timing, cooling, etc.

Old July 18th, 2020, 08:54 PM   #7
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
There is a lot going on and the don't show all of their CAD designs because of the patent, obviously they want to sell it to you and not have you replicate it.
One of the things a patent does is provide all the drawings and information you need to replicate it. No one will bother you as long as you don't do something like sell copies. That's why companies like Coca Cola don't patent their recipes... it gives them to the world. Instead they keep it a "trade secret" and protect it that way.

Once the patent is issued, get yourself a copy and build your own 2-stroke 500!
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2020, 11:51 PM   #8
Emu
ninjette.org member

Name: Emu

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Oh you are totally right, I completely forgot about that. The end of the video says patent pending so I misspoke.