Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Notices

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #1
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Name: Daniel "God"

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

*Target Locked On* Engaging

Not sure if you guys seen this but... target fixation much?

Sidenote: Think if he would have ducked and hugged the tank he might have just plowed through them? the bike obviously didn't care they were there and the only reason he got hit off is because he was sitting up straight and the cyclists body hit his.

Link to original page on YouTube.

xaple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #2
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

And they say you can't get two birds with one stone...

Poor cyclists...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Byakkotai
ninjette.org guru

Name: Roger

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300

Ya, just saw this vid earlier in the morning. hope those cyclists are ok
Byakkotai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #4
xaple
ninjette.org guru

IMO Kinda both parties fault. This particular road has crashes all the time (based on this guys YouTube channel) because of it's sharp corners and bad pavement. Which means the rider was taking a risk going there int he first place, but why in the world would these cyclist choose to go on this road... Seems like a stupid death wish to me.

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #5
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Ha, pricks.

Motorbike should of stayed behind before finding a safe passing point on a straight road rather than buzz them, cyclists should probably wear more than a helmet and lycra, elbow pads and gloves people!
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #6
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 (Black) Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I don't understand most cyclists, not that this is related to the video. They have a strange notion that the road was made for them and other vehicles have to make room. It's funny because in other countries its the opposite, the bigger vehicle is king and you have to move or else, even pedestrians. But yeah, it was obviously the motorcycles fault.
Ausoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #7
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Yeah definitely both parties. Who do those cyclists think they are enjoying a beautiful road on a gorgeous day?
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #8
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaple View Post
Iwhy in the world would these cyclist choose to go on this road... Seems like a stupid death wish to me.
Cyclists have as much right to ride a scenic and challenging road as any vehicle. If it was a 4-lane highway they got hit on, I'd agree with you.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #9
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPanda View Post
Yeah definitely both parties. Who do those cyclists think they are enjoying a beautiful road on a gorgeous day?
That's the point, it's not a beautiful road. It's a deadly well know crashing spot for motorcycles and cars alike. I'm not saying It's all their fault but when you swim with sharks...

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #10
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Cyclists have as much right to ride a scenic and challenging road as any vehicle. If it was a 4-lane highway they got hit on, I'd agree with you.
Technically no, because that road wasn't made for them. Not sure about in Cali but here in FL you are supposed to ride in a bike lane on a paved road, this road doesn't have one. I bet there's plenty of bike trails around this area.

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #11
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
They are a vehicle. Legally, if there's no specific bicycle lane or even just a white line painted on the road, the cyclist is just supposed to stay right and allow faster traffic to pass. They are considered slow traffic. Same as a slow car.

So yes, bicycles have as much right to a public roadway as any car, motorcycle, pickup, semi, or tractor.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #12
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Not sure about in Cali but here in FL you are supposed to ride in a bike lane on a paved road, this road doesn't have one.
http://floridabicycle.org/bicycle-traffic-law/
Quote:
In Florida the bicycle is legally defined as a vehicle and the bicyclist is a driver. Bicyclists have the same rights to the roadways, and must obey the same traffic laws as the drivers of other vehicles. These laws include stopping for stop signs and red lights, riding with the flow of traffic, using lights at night, yielding the right-of-way when entering a roadway and yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks.
same site, they quote the FL law:
Quote:
Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride in the lane marked for bicycle use or, if no lane is marked for bicycle use, as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations:
When overtaking and passing another bicycle or vehicle proceeding in the same direction.
When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
When reasonably necessary to avoid any condition or potential conflict, including, but not limited to, a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian, animal, surface hazard, turn lane, or substandard-width lane, which makes it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge or within a bicycle lane. For the purposes of this subsection, a “substandard-width lane” is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and another vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

Old April 28th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #13
kirk595x
ninjette.org guru

Name: Robbie

Motorcycle(s): 03' Ninja 250ex

I was just about to share this vid..lol. There are many arguments for and against. The MC rider screwed up big time for starters. I personally feel it's dangerous for any bicyclist to be on a road like that with no bike lane. There should be laws in place. Yes they are protected by law..Yes they are considered as another vehicle but if they can't keep up with traffic then they don't belong on these roads because it endangers them and other motorists. Think about Freeway laws for scooters..here in Ca. They have to be 150cc and up because otherwise they could not do the min speed limit thus endangering people on the freeway. I personally have more common sense and common courtesy than to ride a bicycle in a place that could inpead traffic. And for anyone that thinks I'm hating on cyclist cause I ride MC. All I have to say is I have been a road cyclist and I have been hit by a car. In short..the State needs to prohibit bicycles on these narrow roads or put in bike lanes....oh, and riders should have better experience before attempting canyons..lol.
kirk595x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #14
Panda
not an actual panda

The cyclists were all the way to the right when newbie mcnewberson decides to crash into BOTH!

One person is at fault here.

Old April 28th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #15
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
They are a vehicle. Legally, if there's no specific bicycle lane or even just a white line painted on the road, the cyclist is just supposed to stay right and allow faster traffic to pass. They are considered slow traffic. Same as a slow car.

So yes, bicycles have as much right to a public roadway as any car, motorcycle, pickup, semi, or tractor.
They are also moving at what appears to be 5mph or slower when they were hit on a 20-25mph road. You wouldn't coast around a blind turn 15 miles under the speed limit in a car, motorcycle, pickup, semi, or tractor. So they are breaking the law in California, just like the motorcyclist who was most likely speeding and driving recklessly without proper control over his vehicle. Both at fault.

Old April 28th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #16
beren
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
They are also moving at what appears to be 5mph or slower when they were hit on a 20-25mph road. You wouldn't coast around a blind turn 15 miles under the speed limit in a car, motorcycle, pickup, semi, or tractor. So they are breaking the law in California, just like the motorcyclist who was most likely speeding and driving recklessly without proper control over his vehicle. Both at fault.
Bullshit. What law are they breaking?

Old April 28th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #17
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Bullshit. What law are they breaking?
Moving under 10MPH the speed limit on the road

Old April 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #18
StephenA
Riding Ruby..

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec, 2007 Ninja 250R

I think that the cyclists should have been going faster. It seemed like they were going über slow. But we also don't know if they were tired. Who knows how long they were riding for therefore we cannot honestly say they were totally at fault. Also, that motorcyclist messed up big time. He should have been going slower(even though he was going slow to begin with) and probably shouldn't have been on the road in the first place. So I think the motorcyclist more than the cyclists is at fault. But it hope everyone turns out ok nonetheless.

Old April 28th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #19
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

I'm a cyclist in addition to riding a motorcycle and even though I'm allowed to, I choose not to ride on roads like that one... Cause I'm paranoid of stuff like this happening.

JELY1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #20
slickt0mmy
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Quote:
Moving under 10MPH the speed limit on the road
Actually, there is no 10MPH under the speed limit law in California. The "Impeding Traffic" law states:
Quote:
22400. (a) No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, because of a grade, or in compliance with law.
Nothing about 10MPH. The bicyclists were moving at a slow speed but they were certainly not blocking traffic, as they were completely off to the right. They were also going up a grade, so that's even further exemption. It's the motorcyclist's fault.
slickt0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #21
sammy5001
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sammy

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS SE

Good thing the cyclist was ATGATT (by cyclist standard) otherwise he would have been dead with that head vs pavement match up.

Fault vise clearly it's 100% on the motorcylist.

But as a cyclist, I would not choose to ride on that road, ever.
sammy5001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #22
fishdip

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

This is just a new type of bowling

Old April 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #23
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
100% motorcyclist faul. Bicycles were were they should be.

Ass hole motercycle rider with no control over his own bike. I hope he goes to jail.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #24
sLick415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

What? Bicyclists' fault for going too slow? You'd be tired too hitting those canyons. Get outta here with that...
sLick415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #25
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
watched it and got angry, sorry.

Target fixation was the cause.

We all own the road and we all have the right to occupy the piece of road we are in. The cycles were very respectfully riding as far to the side as they could safely ride, leaving plenty of room for motorcycles in control of their bikes to pass.

If 10 mph under applied on this road then cycles would be banned and that is not the case.

Old April 28th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #26
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

I'm angered by people who think that bicyclists only belong in bike lanes or trails, and I rarely ride one.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #27
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I'm angered by people who think that bicyclists only belong in bike lanes or trails, and I rarely ride one.
This. I ended up mostly quitting riding because the roads around here suck for bicycles. Plus everyone's entitled to the entire road and god forbid you slow them down because they're already late for work and spilled their coffee, etc. Assholes

Don't even get me started on drivers from mass...

Old April 28th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #28
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Oh really? I see nothing in this about moving too slowly. The CA law (from what I've found on line) says nothing about moving too slow being illegal. The rule states that the bicyclist is to stay right and travel predictably so that traffic can safely go around them:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21202.htm
Quote:
21202. (a) Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at that time shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations:

(1) When overtaking and passing another bicycle or vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

(2) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

(3) When reasonably necessary to avoid conditions (including, but not limited to, fixed or moving objects, vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, animals, surface hazards, or substandard width lanes) that make it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge, subject to the provisions of Section 21656. For purposes of this section, a "substandard width lane" is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and a vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

(4) When approaching a place where a right turn is authorized.

(b) Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway of a highway, which highway carries traffic in one direction only and has two or more marked traffic lanes, may ride as near the left-hand curb or edge of that roadway as practicable.

Amended Sec. 4, Ch. 674, Stats. 1996. Effective January 1, 1997.
The cyclists were doing exactly that. They were off the the right and riding predictably. You're so full of crap. Show me CA traffic law that explicitly says they were breaking a law, and I'll believe you.

The only roads I've seen that carry maximum and minimum speeds are multi-lane, limited access freeways. THOSE are roads that bicycles are not permitted on.

FYI: I cycle on back roads. I run on back roads. I also do both of that in busy city streets during rush hour. Not once has a police officer stopped me on a state route (that I live on) for doing 15-20 mph in the 35 section or the 45 section. The cyclists should have likely picked a less busy time to ride that fun canyon road.

Old April 28th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #29
Asspire
Fix It Till Ya Break It

Name: Asspyre

Motorcycle(s): 08 250RRrrrr

there's a hot chick in the video.....
Asspire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #30
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Definitely the motorcyclists fault. I got no problem with bicycles so long as they aren't riding in the middle of the road and riding off to the side. Those bikers were doing what they were supposed to. Almost hit a dude one day since he felt it was a great idea to ride right in the middle of the road in a blind corner. But I'm always cautious enough around those situations.

Ah Kenpachi is right haha

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #31
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe the Ant View Post
Don't even get me started on drivers from mass...
I deal with them every day.

I have lived all around the country and I must say, the majority of mass drivers aren't that bad. It's just that there's a good number of them who have complete disregard for all rules of the road. I usually just shake my head and let them go on their rushed way, I'd rather have them in front of me than behind me. Just the other day I was being tailgated on a 25 mph residential street, waved the guy around me (talking on his cell), and 1/2 mile down the road I found him standing outside of his car, he just rear-ended someone at a stop sign. I gave him the thumbs up and kept on riding.

their complete anger towards bicyclists just pisses me off though, I've seen drivers intentionally swerve at bicyclists in their gigantic SUV's to try and prove some point. I've called a few into the police, not sure what they do with that info, knowing the police in the area, probably nothing.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #32
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I have lived all around the country and I must say, the majority of mass drivers aren't that bad. It's just that there's a good number of them who have complete disregard for all rules of the road.
and apparently some of them make up random laws to justify their dislike of bicycles

But yes, you're right. The vast majority of drivers are plain-Jane, vanilla drivers who are looking to get from A to B safely and do so just fine.

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #33
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
WTF!!!!! Rotten luck and the chick needs to pull up her pants.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #34
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Was just about to share this video. Good thing I looked for it here first.

100% the motorcyclists fault. I don't get why people hate bicyclists so much. Get a life. Many of us who ride motorcycles also ride bicycles.

And this is exactly why I wear a helmet every time I ride my bicycle!
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM   #35
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPanda View Post
The cyclists were all the way to the right when newbie mcnewberson decides to crash into BOTH!

One person is at fault here.
For some mysterious reason, some members believe that there are three persons at fault.

Maybe the cameraman should be included as well?

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost.
He reduced altitude and spotted a woman below.
He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman below replied, "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees North latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees West longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.
"I am," replied the woman, "how did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is, technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I'm still lost.
Frankly, you've not been much help at all.
If anything, you've delayed my trip."

The woman below responded, "You must be in Management."
"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you're going.
You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air.
You made a promise which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems.
The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM   #36
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
If you can't maintain control of your bike because someone on the side of the road taking pictures or strutting around with their pants around their knees, it is still your fault.
If they were in the road sure.

Old May 1st, 2013, 10:01 AM   #37
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Anybody who thinks cyclists were doing something wrong here is a retard. There's absolutely no excuse for what that noob biker did. Stab the fu*king brake and eat the fu*cking asphalt if you have to but don't hit a pedestrian or a cyclist that's just plain f'ed up.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2013, 10:10 AM   #38
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I'm glad to see that all parties involved were ok.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM   #39
Panda
not an actual panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
/.....You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air.
You made a promise which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems.
The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."...[/COLOR]

Old May 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM   #40
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
WTF!!!!! Rotten luck and the chick needs to pull up her pants.
Now, if that was Tiff in the video I would wholeheartedly agree with you but it's not. So let her be!