ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:08 AM   #41
wyciwug
ninjette.org member

Name: danh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250 se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
@wyciwug - "However after installing the BRT, starting the bike is difficult."
That's because the timing in the lower range with 27 degree is advanced much to high, there it's better to retard the ignition for easier starting.

@Bob2010 - the 43 degrees is no problem, I'm using this also on my 2011 Ninja (even with 87 gasoline there's absolute no knocking). Also the gas usage is going down by up to 15% - not to talk about the much better response and more powerful feel of the engine.
How do I do that?
wyciwug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:18 AM   #42
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyciwug View Post
at first, i turned key, start the bike normally. If it does not start, i use the throttle or choke or combine of the 2 a few times until it starts.
What's your warm engine idle speed?
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2014, 07:34 PM   #43
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
How do I do that?
That's possible with a programmable version, do you have this kind of?
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2014, 09:36 PM   #44
vmax
ninjette.org member

Name: max

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Quote:
Did you have a hard time starting the bike?
No. Start every morning without choke even I switch map 1 or map 2. Fyi, my bike fully stock, only replace full system Leo Vince Evo.
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2014, 02:35 PM   #45
Swann
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 250R

My bike starts just fine, you might want to look at your carbs to see if they are sorted out first.

I initially installed the switch, then it got disconnected from the maintenance routine. The BRT unit automatically sets itself to the ON map, when the switch isn't connected.

Did you get the BRT model with the "control" to program the unit with?

Quote:
I installed the BRT and the tach needle no longer jumped which is good. Obviously the stock CDI has a problem. However after installing the BRT, starting the bike is difficult. Took about 5-6 times to start it. I did not install the on/off switch. The idle is high. The RPM is also high. Right now if i do 60mph, RPM is around 7500 to 8000. Is that something I can do to adjust it?

BRT sent me a map in PDF file and they did not tell me much. I am confused.
Swann is offline   Reply With Quote